“What a gem in Kirkwood!”
Review of One 19 North

One 19 North
Ranked #8 of 63 Restaurants in Kirkwood
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Have visited on multiple occasions, but after last night decided to write a review.

What's not to like about this place. Great ambience, decorated nicely, beautiful bar, nice music in the background, and of course the wine and tapas.

We had a great bottle of Pinot Noir - Alphabets. And tried two of the tapas on the menu this time - the carnitas and the oven baked goat cheese. The goat cheese is served with their homemade Puttanesca sauce and toasted French Bread. The roasted pork carnitas are seared chunks of pork shoulder in a chimichurri sauce. Both were amazing. Perfect amount for the two of us to share and enjoy with the bottle of wine ($33 I believe). Nice relaxing dinner for $50. The servers were very knowledgeable about the menu and wines as well.

Looking forward to coming on a Saturday night sometime for the live music as well. If you are looking for a nice place to have a date night or with some friends to share some tapas and good wine, in a great atmosphere, this is the place. Only a mile or so from my house too!

Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Wow! My husband and I absolutely love this place!! It's cozy and rustic feeling. Great selection of wine and amazing, unique tapas!! Plus if you go on a weekend, there's usually live music, which is enhanced by the wine :)

Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

Great place to graze , drink, and chat. Popular spot with a small room leaves little space to wait so call ahead. Website does not convey the excellent concept and execution

Reviewed 12 January 2014

We were out shopping in the Kirkwood area and I remembered having read an article about One 19 North so we decided to stop in. The place is cosy and warm and has the charm of a neighbourhood bar and cafe in Europe! Unfortunately all the tables were taken but there was room at the high top bar at the back of the room. I am not fond of high stool/chairs as I find them uncomfortable with ones legs tuck back behind but I have to say this spot offers a great view over the whole place. I do not know if they take reservations; it does not say on their web page though some entries on Facebook seem to imply they do.

Our server was excellent; he was knowledgeable and in spite of the crowd very attentive. We ordered a bottle of wine and three tapas, Oven baked Goat Cheese, One 19 Duo, and of course the Brussels sprouts. I am not the biggest fan of hummus when eating out since I usually find it rather bland, however both selections were very good. Oven baked Goat Cheese, well what more can one say! The Brussels sprouts were excellent!

We left sated and will return. A nice touch is that the City of Kirkwood offers parking lots nearby with free two hour parking making it easier to avail oneself of the shops and restaurants along Kirkwood Avenue. I wish they would open up in Downtown or better yet in the up and coming Old North St. Louis neighbourhood.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

I love the small venue with cozy bar. Perfect for small groups. The tuna is serve rare and the best I have ever had.

The only drawback is the noise level associated with such a small venue. This is not the place for a quiet conversation.