“Dine in is good. Carry-out not so much”
Review of Dewey's Pizza

Dewey's Pizza
Ranked #4 of 61 Restaurants in Kirkwood
Cuisines: Pizza
Kirkwood, Missouri
“Dine in is good. Carry-out not so much”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I recently got carryout salads (and have gotten pizza and salads by carry-out in the past). Was sooo disappointed both times. This last time the salads were mostly lettuce with just a smattering of other ingredients. Was pretty bummed for over $20.00 for two salads. I've had this experience in the past as well, so if I eat at Dewey's it'll have to be in the restaurant. Honestly, though, I don't think it's worth the wait they sometimes have. There is much better pizza and salad in the KIrkwood area. In my opinion, this place is not as good as it used to be.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank nialover

Kirkwood, Missouri
“Salads and pizza are one of the best ever”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

The salads and pizza at Dewey's are some of my all time favorites!! Make certain and try the Harvest salad and if that is not available you can't go wrong with the candied walnut and grape or the peppercorn ranch salads. Find the pizza that best suits your individual taste and make certain to order a size up, so you will have left overs.. My personal favorites are the Bronx bomber (without olives), southwest BBQ chicken, the Hawaiian. Sometimes I wish I could just order a plate of crusts.

• Visited April 2014
“LOVE Dewey's!”
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

We frequent Dewey's quite often and have never had a bad experience! We look forward to trying a different pizza everytime. And the Harvest salad (which is seasonal) is seriously the best salad I've ever had. The only downside of Dewey's is that it's quite small, and the waiting area is just a hallway with nowhere to sit. We have a toddler and try to avoid weekend nights or go early bc it fills up so fast.

• Visited March 2014
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Not Impressed”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Wife and I went to Dewey's on New Year's Eve. Short wait, which was nice. Liked the décor, kind of upscale, different than most chain pizza joints. Their menu is fairly elaborate, with a lot of the trendy, fancy-type pizzas and salads. We split their house salad which contained greens, pine nuts, cranberries, and goat cheese. I was pleasantly surprised and thought it was tasty. My wife and I prefer simple pepperoni pizza, which we ordered. The crust was thin and seemed undercooked, kind of doughy. The pepperoni was quite greasy, which is not all that uncommon. Overall, it was very average. The price was fair. I guess we expected too much as I thought it was overrated and at best, average. I guess we should just stick with buying takeout pizza from the two national chains which we all know about!

• Visited December 2013
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Hugely Overrated”
Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

This place gets rave reviews and is "the in pizza place in St. Louis. Unfortunately the pizza is just ok. Lots of creative trendy ingredients, goat cheese, boursin, pesto, artichoke hearts, kalamata olives. Good New York style crust but not the best. If you want trendy stuff spread over a decent pizza crust served in an upscale atmosphere, by all means, go for it. But it ain't pizza.