“Helps my Shriner's Kid stay happy!”

Best Western Kirkwood Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Kirkwood
Reviewed 26 December 2013

My daughter must go to Shriner's hospital in St. Louis about twice a year for her annual check up and new braces. She is transported by her Shriners. Every time we go, this is the hotel we stay at when she must stay over night. The first time it was warm enough for her to swim in the pool and it made her so much more relaxed the next day when she went to see the doctors. The comfortable atmosphere allows her to let her hair down so when she sees the doctor the next day she can talk to the doctor instead of clamming up and hiding in a fetal position under the examining room table. It has made all the difference to her medical recovery. This last time we went up, the hotel was all decked out for the holidays. They had a two story tall tree. It was a sight to behold.

The hotel has a wonderful front desk lady that often remembers my daughter and our two Shriners when we arrive. When I forgot to pack tooth brushes (a common thing for me :/) the front desk lady gave us two and toothpaste. When I called to ask about chili's and room service, she offered me a coupon for 10% off if I decided to dine in the restaurant. When I couldn't figure out the internet to get a hold of my husband, she walked me through the steps. She is an angel of patience and mercy.

In the hotel on the second floor, you can walk to Chili's restaurant. This Chilis is five star in my opinion. They have video games on the table to keep kids entertained while you wait for your order. They have a kids menu which is inexpensive enough for my admittedly tight budget, ($5 last I checked) and they even have kid sundaes for $2. I always get the potato soup. It's $4 for a cup and very good. The staff is supreme at taking orders, filling your cup, and being professional in all instances. After we catch a light dinner we usually head to the room to wash up and get ready for bed.

The beds are divine. I have a bad back for a while now and I wake up refreshed with NO PAIN! Every time I come home from a trip, I tell my husband we must get one of the beds the hotel has. The bathroom is beautiful, warm, well stocked with everything you need, and inviting. They provide enough towels for two showers, enough soap for two showers, and even a small bottle of shampoo. The water is nice and hot if you want it to be for a sore back after long hours of driving. They also have wonderful entertainment on the tv in the room for children. I found Nickelodeon there! My daughter prefers old movies found on the American Movie Classics Channel though. She watched Home Alone and Home Alone 2 while we were there. The whole room looks pristine every time we go. I haven't even noticed any finger prints on the tv! How many hotels wash off the tv? This one does.

They have a lovely computer room, if you forgot your laptop and must get in contact with friends and relatives. They also have a printer and basic stationary available if you need it. On our first trip I didn't have a laptop, so I used the computer room to communicate with my husband about my daughter's progress. They also have an exercise room and laundry I believe, though I have never tried them.

They serve a really great breakfast that has boiled eggs, yogurt, a waffle maker, biscuits, gravy, cereal for the kid, coffee, orange juice, apple juice, and milk. There's more too, but it varies a little bit. You can eat until you're stuffed. My daughter takes advantage of this perk and usually has a couple bowls of cereal, some sausages if they have them, a banana or apple, a muffin if they have them, some toast, and orange juice. She can pack away some food for being so tiny! No one has ever said anything to her about it either except to offer to help her get what she wanted.

I recommend this hotel to everyone that is going to St. Louis. You just can not find a better one, with better services or facilities. I would give them 10 stars if I could. They have made a very difficult journey in my daughters life, 1000 times easier, by just excelling at being a place of rest.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
clbrasseur, General Manager at Best Western Kirkwood Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Warm Greetings Frank K,
We are truly honored by your expansive review of our hotel and our team...we send our most sincere thanks for sharing your experience and your complimentary comments. We have worked very closely with several Shrine Temples in the mid west for over 20 years now to facilitate children being seen at our Shriner's Hospital here in St. Louis. Over that period we have been awed by the progress our little Shriner's guests have made and watched them grow into wonderful young men and women. To be a small part in their medical progress has been incredibly humbling. We are delighted that we are a part of your daughter's journey.
The very best wishes in 2014....

Reviewed 26 December 2013

Stayed here before and will continue to come back. It's in a good location and we've never had any problems with the room being dirty or noise problems. The staff is friendly and we also like the lounge.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
clbrasseur, General Manager at Best Western Kirkwood Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Hi Nancy,
It was great to read about your experience at our hotel. Thank you for your compliments and the shout-out for Van's Tavern. I spent years in Carbondale and have fun memories of summers out at the spillway and Crab Orchard!
Happy Holidays....

Reviewed 22 December 2013

I was in Kirkwood attending a meeting and stayed at this hotel. I found the hotel to be clean and up-to-date. Guest rooms were spacious and the bed was very comfortable. The staff was very accommodating and even opened the breakfast room early so I could get some coffee before my meeting. The hot breakfast selection was varied each day. I'll go back.

1  Thank Jeff G
clbrasseur, General Manager at Best Western Kirkwood Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2013

Greetings David,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. Our whole team strives to provide the very best in product quality and customer service and we are always delighted to read that we are succeeding. We are glad that you will be back!
With happy holiday wishes....

Reviewed 20 December 2013

Very friendly, helpful staff. I was here for a few days for work and loved the free internet and my clean, comfortable room. There are many restaurants and shops close to the hotel. The Chili's that is attached to the hotel was extremely convenient. I will stay again on my next visit to the area.

Room Tip: Great view from the fifth floor balcony.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Greetings this fine December day! Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts about your recent stay with us. You had mentioned you traveled on business, and we delight in being able to offer free WiFi, business & fitness centers and our own Van's Tavern with a great happy hour. We were delighted that you enjoyed your stay, as well as the convenience of having sliding glass doors for fresh air. Hope we can be of service again in the future.
Best!

Reviewed 18 December 2013

Wonderful place to stay. Was there 2 nights. Chili's is actually attached to the hotel, along with a great bar just steps from your room. Hotel also has Dunken Donets, White Castle, O'Charleys, Mexican Food, and Oriental all within walking distance, less than a block away. Shopping is also big in the immediate area. Very inviting staff made the stay easy-going and interactive. A free breakfast was included, as well as the internet.

Will stay here again next time I am in the area. Great hotel.

Hello Aaron,
Thank you for your great comments highlighting your stay with us. Our team truly has fun and that atmosphere just prevails throughout our property. We were glad that you were able to experience the wide variety of amenities we offer while you were here. We hope that we can be of service on your next visit to St. Louis.
Best wishes in 2014...

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Best Western has recently been remodeled and looks like a brand new structure. Nice resturant inside and a Dunken Donuts Shop connected to walkway. Great Breakfast. The Best Western in Kirkwood is close to all major highways and to the airport. We stay here about 3 times a year and enjoy our stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Hi Charles,
Thanks for your great comments about your stay with us. We always stay busy with updates to our beautiful property and appreciate your noticing! We truly appreciate our return guests, so very much look forward to your next visit with us.
Best!

Reviewed 7 December 2013

Overnight saty ok, rooms are not fancy, but it is spacious, there was balcony in the room, rates are high breackfast ok not too many choice. good location it's off the hiway I44, not too many choice for Restaurent.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Hello Vinay,
We appreciate your taking the time to review your stay with us. We hope that you had safe travels and offer us the opportunity to serve you again when you are in our area.
Cynthia Brasseur

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirkwood
Hampton Inn St. Louis/Sunset Hills
Best Western St. Louis Inn
Best Western St. Louis Inn
#1 of 1 in Tesson Ferry
Holiday Inn St. Louis SW Route 66
Courtyard St. Louis Creve Coeur
Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. Louis Westport Plaza
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. L...
#2 of 18 in Maryland Heights

Been to Best Western Kirkwood Inn? Share your experiences!