“Nice and clean”

Best Western Kirkwood Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Kirkwood
“Nice and clean”
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Nice and clean (except for a straw left in a chair in the room). Good restaurants and a walmart within walking distance. Nice area, and cheaper than downtown hotels. Easy drive to the zoo, and treats for the kids when we checked in. Would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014
Cynthia B, General Manager at Best Western Kirkwood Inn, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Greetings and before I go any further, sorry about that straw we missed! We appreciate your testimonial about your stay with us and pointing why we make the best base camp for a visit to St. Louis. And we just love to delight our younger guests with our "gift basket" at registration. We hope you'll come back and see us!
Warmly,
Cynthia Brasseur

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Garnett, Kansas, Usa
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This Hotel was very easy to get to and to get in and out of! It is conveniently located near the interstate and surrounded by shops and restaurants. The employees were very courteous and helpful and the lobby very nice and welcoming. I would stay here again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Hi and we LOVE seeing "AGAIN"!
Thanks for your glowing review. It's great to read that we are hitting all our pistons, so to speak.
We look forward to being of service when you return to STL!
Best Wishes,
Tinley Park, Illinois
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We were arriving late on a Friday. Had called hotel and told them this. When we got there at 7:30PM, we were told our room was not ready and to come back in an hour or so. Just what you want to hear after driving 300 miles after work. When checking in I gave them a credit card and told them to make sure and put all costs for the room on it. The reservation was made by a relative as we were attending a family party. Well, they ended up placing the charge on my relative's card. The manager called me up weeks after my stay and was implying that I was trying to avoid paying, saying they had no record of my credit card. I told her I would get back to her because I wanted to check with my credit card company. I wanted to make sure they didn't really charge me for the room already. When I called back and explained why I was calling, they couldn't find any record of charging my relative. But, under my name they had a record, but no credit card number. So, I gave it to them again. Did you ever check in to a hotel were they did not demand a credit card, even if the room was prepaid, for incidentals ? Of course not. Management of this hotel can only be described as totally inept. I would avoid it at all costs.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Arthur,
From your review I can only offer my most sincere apologies for the delayed check in and confusion with billing associated with your stay. This is certainly not the the type of customer service for which we are known. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you off-line about this and ensure that your questions about charges have been answered. Please ring me at (314) 821-3950 at your convenience. Again, I am very sorry for the difficulties you experienced.
Zionsville, United States
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This Best Western is in a great location in near west county, relatively new/modern facility well maintained and convenient to both shopping and restaurants. Includes both cable and internet plus breakfast too !

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Hi Richard,
Thanks for taking the time to review your stay with us - we are delighted that you found our property to be such a great fit for your family. Hope you all had a chance to enjoy our beautiful outdoor pool area! We hope you'll keep us in mind should you return to the St. Louis area.
Best!
Cindy Brasseur
Topeka, Kansas
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Overall good experience. We would stay here again, and we would recommend Best Western Kirkwood Inn to friends coming to this area. Our room was spacious and comfortable, but the breakfast room was over crowded. Breakfast was good, including hot and cold items. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Scott P, Manager at Best Western Kirkwood Inn, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
LaVerta,

Thank you very much for the kind words on your TripAdvisor review. We share this feedback with our entire team in and effort to continuously better our service and accommodations. We all hope that if your travels bring you back to the area that you will come and see us again.

Fresno, United States
Reviewed 23 May 2014

The staff here are great and helpful, the rooms are very clean, The small negatives I have. Pillows were hard, no mirror outside bathroom, they forgot shampoo one day. These are very small things for how hard the staff worked and the how nice our stay was.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Danny J
Danny J,

Thank you for the feedback on TripAdvisor. My apologies for the small negatives, and I will be personally sharing this with our housekeeping team. We strive to grow and provide better service from the comments that are forwarded from our guests. Thank you for staying with us, we hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Lovely hotel, excellent service. Everyone very friendly. More than one restaurant within walking distance. Very comfortable beds, love all the pillows. We will stay here again. We were too early in the season for the pool to be open but, it looked very well maintained.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Ginny R,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to give feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. We love to hear great comments and suggestions from all of our guests. As a note out pool is now open and ready for you to come back and visit again. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Scott P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirkwood
Hampton Inn St. Louis/Sunset Hills
Days Inn ST. Louis Lindbergh Boulevard
Holiday Inn St. Louis SW Route 66
Best Western St. Louis Inn
Best Western St. Louis Inn
#1 of 1 in Tesson Ferry
Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Fenton

Been to Best Western Kirkwood Inn? Share your experiences!