“Exactly what I hoped for!”

Best Western Kirkwood Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Kirkwood
benton
“Exactly what I hoped for!”
Reviewed 27 June 2010

I am a review-a-holic when it comes to planning our family trips and I must say, everything I needed was here at and around the Best Western Kirkwood Inn. We were making a trip to St. Louis with our two boys, 2 and 7. Our rate was $99 and worth every penny. We did not want to stay right in downtown St. Louis, but somewhere on the outskirts that was easy to get around and kinda felt like home. I searched all around St. Louis and took a shot and chose this one and so glad we did. The hotel is in a great location, there is a Chili's Restaurant on the 2nd floor and even though it is just off the freeway in which I wasn't totally sure about, it's nestled in just right to where we didn't even give it a second notice as it was very quiet. There is a nice shopping area right in the back of the hotel, with Target and Wal-Mart and a variety of places to eat. The pool was perfect, VERY CLEAN, and a bonus kiddy section for them to enjoy. The staff was very friendly, helpful and the rooms were very clean and comfortable. We even had a balcony as an added bonus. I must say I would recommend this to anyone traveling through that needs a great place to stay that don't want all the hustle and bustle the downtown St Louis area has. I hope to one day return to the Best Western Kirkwood Inn!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank sardiseagles7

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Council Bluffs IA
Reviewed 22 June 2010

I was traveling with a friend, my daughter and 2 preteen grandchildren. We had 2 rooms and stayed 3 nights. Daughter and grandkids went to Six Flags one day and then we all went to the zoo and the arch. This hotel was somewhere in between so was easy to get right on 44 and go wherever we wanted. Rooms were clean and the shower was heavenly after spending a day in the summer heat. The outdoor pool was kind of small but also felt so good at the end of the day. It didn't open till 9 so no early morning dips. There was a Chili's attatched to our hotel and a Dunkin Donuts in the lot. A white Castle was right across the way and Texas Roadhouse and O'Charley's as well. Very busy intersection but rooms were quiet. All rooms have a small balcony and are non smoking. I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Heartland
Reviewed 6 June 2010

This hotel had a great location for my travels, with easy access to I-44 but not directly on the highway. The hotel connects to a Chili's Restaurant and shares a parking lot with Dunkin' Donuts and it's parking lot connects with a Wal-Mart parking lot. The latter is easy to get to, but far enough away to not be distracting, which was very convenient for restocking supplies before hitting the road again. Bed was GREAT - even better than sleeping at home. Staff was friendly-enough and helpful. The continental breakfast had everything I needed and even offered a help-yourself Belgian Waffle maker. An attendant was on duty to refill items as needed. I also used the workout room. The elliptical machine could use some maintenance to get rid of a distracting rubbing noise, but it still worked okay. Between it and the hand-held weights, I managed to generate a sweat. There were plenty of clean towels available and even a pump-bottle of hand-cleanser to get rid of that "I touched shared equipment" feeling. I paid $99 for a Friday night stay with my AAA discount, which was a great value for the area.

• Stayed May 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 1 May 2010

We stayed here as part of our Route 66 trip, not being able to find an old motel to stay in that looked safe (it was rather late and quite dark). We got a room right away for a good price. There's a restaurant on-site if you are interested and, more importantly for coffee lovers, a Dunkin' Donuts right next door.

This is a very nice-looking hotel, with what I have to say is a welcoming lobby, though it is not gargantuan or anything like that. The rooms are clean and quiet, the most important things as far as I am concerned (safety being a foregone conclusion); ours actually had a sliding glass door and an itty-bitty balcony.

Though this will sound odd, the shower is fantastic because the water pressure is just about over the top. If you have been tarred and feathered recently, this is where you want to clean off. That black goo will be gone in about five seconds. For our part, it felt pretty good after being in the car for almost twelve hours!

Our only semi-complaint is the internet, which was so slow that it did indeed resemble tar creeping along a slight incline. Perhaps many people were trying to access it or it's not Mac-friendly.

Overall, this is a terrific place to stay, and one a few other roadies we met also felt was a recommended place to spend a night or two. Unless you're a movie star or a bit of a hotel snob, there's not much more you can ask for than a clean, quiet, comfy room.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Florida
Reviewed 9 September 2009

Clean room. Near restaurants. Very close to Wal-mart which helped as we forgot to bring some things. We would choose this hotel again if in the area.

• Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple
SW Missouri
Reviewed 4 September 2009

Came in a little early but my room was ready! Kia and Andrea (at the front desk) were cheerful and great to get me checked in quickly. I enjoyed my two day stay. The hotel is in a very convenient location, on a busy street but I found it to be very quiet. I did not hear any noise in my room once I settled in each evening. I was in Kirkwood for business but it was nice to have the Chili's restaurant right in the hotel. There were also several other eating establishments to pick from close by. My room was spotless and comfortable. I could not have asked for a friendlier staff, including housekeeping!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank SWMoTraveler77
Galena, MO
Reviewed 30 August 2009

Stayed 2 nights for a business conference and could not be more pleased. Cynthia Moore, Group Sales Manager set up our reservations and meeting space and her attention to detail is amazing! The hotel is located off I-44 and is very easy to find. The front desk agent was friendly, efficient, and very helpful with information regarding meeting times and location. My room was immaculate, the beds were comfortable. There is a Chili's restaurant in the hotel and the food and service were great (as well as convenient!) We will definitely be using this hotel for all future trips - business & personal!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirkwood
Hampton Inn St. Louis/Sunset Hills
Days Inn ST. Louis Lindbergh Boulevard
Holiday Inn St. Louis SW Route 66
Best Western St. Louis Inn
Best Western St. Louis Inn
#1 of 1 in Tesson Ferry
Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#2 of 17 in Maryland Heights

Been to Best Western Kirkwood Inn? Share your experiences!