“Another WONDERFUL Stay”

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Lake Ozark
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Another WONDERFUL Stay”
Reviewed 19 June 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Lodge over a year ago and had a wonderful time. I had made reservations for the following Memorial Day weekend but unfortunately we had a death in the family and could not make it. When I called to cancel my reservation the lady was very sympathetic and nice. We finally made it back last weekend. Another excellent experience! I've read the recent reviews and apparently they didn't stay at the same Lodge of Four Seasons that we did. I've read a lot of comments where people say it needs to be updated. People understand that the beautiful antique furniture is part of the charm! Our room was nice and clean. We were able to enjoy the pools this time and walked down to the marina and were amazed at all of the different boats and the beautiful view of the lake. HK's was perfect, room service was right on time with our order and delicious. The service and employees were the best...I love how they always said "it's my pleasure." Best place I've ever stayed. I just want to say thank you to The Lodge of Four Seasons for everything!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed 18 June 2012

I won this getaway through an expo and was curious to see what it was like as I have never been to the Lake of the Ozarks but have been to Branson. Checking in was fine - although it would have been nice since we had never been there that there was an adjoining room available to us if we used our card key which had a kitchenette and living room. We were in a unit at the Avila. Enjoyed sitting out on the balcony and husband loved the tv in the bathroom and when he discovered the living room appreciated he could watch sports while I watched a movie after dinner. Breakfast at Breezes Sat morning - had a fantastic waitress. Even though we had a voucher - she took care of us like we were royalty - apologizing for the wait - got potatos for me off the buffet when I discovered the hash browns weren't what I was expecting. On Sun it was twice as busy and we had already decided before going in we were going to get the buffet so the lack of attention was not an issue but we know in the future what time to avoid on Sunday. We also had a voucher for HK's Steakhouse. The food was excellent. The service not so good. We knew our waitress had a big party on one side of us but we both felt like there wasn't as much attention paid to the guests considering it was fine dining. My husband was very impressed with the staff at the Cove golf course. And when checking out the gentleman was very helpful in answering our questions. Room service on Friday evening took too long to get our food - we had to call after 40 minutes and the hamburgers were overdone and the food wasn't as hot as I would have expected - the server apologized saying everyone had called in at the same time. Again in the future we would know ahead of time we can use the kitchenette and cook for ourselves. The room was nice and bed comfortable - but we thought that if it were to be a newer part of the Lodge it would have looked newer - the rug was worn with spots. We look forward to coming back for a longer stay to enjoy the lake the next time.

Missouri
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Where to begin... this facility is in need of a major overhaul! Our stay was for business and I was very disappointed in both the accommodations and the service.
Let's start with the room. It was in poor shape. The blackout curtains were ripped. The carpet was frayed. The door out to the balcony must have been rusted or something because it was very hard to open and close. The beds were uncomfortable. The toilet was clogged the first time we tried to flush it- had to call for someone to fix it. The bathtub drained VERY slowly- had to call someone to come fix it. The room felt old and dirty. The rest of the facility also felt very dirty. Starwell carpets were covered with crumbs and trash. The handrails were dusty and greasy. I saw cobwebs and frayed carpets everywhere.
Now, about the service. We did not encounter any rudeness from the staff., Everyone seemed friendly overall. But it just seemed like there was not enough staff to meet demands. We went and ate lunch at Breezes while waiting for our room to get ready upon arrival. We were the ONLY guests in there (it was around 1:00-1:30 on a Thu afternoon). It took about 40 minutes to get our food. The french fries were hard as a rock. I've NEVER experienced anything like that. My 2 yr old son couldn't even bite into them. No one came and checked on us or refilled our drinks. This was typical of our whole stay. Everything took WAY too long. And the food was not good the whole weekend. Runny scrambled eggs, spoiled milk (you should have seen my poor son's face when he took a drink!), cold chicken and fish in our banquet meal, no coffee with dessert after asking 3 times.... the list goes on and on.
My recommendation would be that the owner invests some money in hiring more people and majorly overhauling the facility. We will be requesting that our company NEVER use this facility for meetings again unless major changes are made.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank NurseNicJ
Michael S, Public Relations Manager at Lodge of Four Seasons, responded to this review, 21 June 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your trip to The Lodge of Four Seasons. We appreciate all the guest feedback that we receive as it helps us improve into the future. It seems as if there were some areas that did not go well on your trip, such as the carpet, curtains, and bathroom (among others), which we would like to get further information about. If you will email us at guestrelations@4seasonsresort.com to talk further, we would love to continue this conversation. We do take reviews seriously and address them with the appropriate staff members as we receive them.

Thank you again for taking the time to leave a review, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Travellers are raving about these Lake Ozark hotels

Leavenworth, Kansas, United States
Reviewed 18 June 2012

My wife and I stayed for two nights August 13-15 2011. We got a great deal off of Groupon and decided to take a short weekend trip without the kids. We had a great time. We were in the Season's Bay building which is about 500 feet away from the main building. Our view was beautiful and had no complaints about the room. We ate breakfast there twice and it was a great buffet both times. Staff was very friendly and the grounds were well taken care of. Pool was great and the drinks at the club there were reasonably priced.

Room Tip: Lots of golf courses in the area.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Hello and thank you for leaving feedback about your stay with us at The Lodge. We truly value guest feedback as well as love compliments about the resort. It sounds as if everything went well for you and your family which we are always glad to hear.

Thank you for your visit, and we look forward to seeing you next time!

West Bend, Wisconsin
Reviewed 18 June 2012

This is my second year in a row staying here on business. The staff is very attentive which is the redeeming grace for the entire stay. Slow drain in bathroom - door that you have to insure is absolutely closed - stained carpets - just a bunch of little things like that. Stayed in the Main Lodge last year and Season's Bay this year. They are about equal in cleanliness and comforts.

Not a terrible place but for the price, one would expect a higher quality. This would be two star at its best and that is only because the staff is wonderful. The rooms would struggle to be one star but add the amenities and nice people working there and you are at two or two and a half.

Room Tip: Insist on a Lake view when you get there. No use overlooking the parking lot from the second floor i...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Hello Tim.

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your visit to The Lodge. We do appreciate the kind words that you said about the staff's attentiveness and will pass them along to those staff members that work in customer service areas. It does sound like you had some issues with parts of your room while you were here that we would like to hear more details about. If you have time, please email us at guestrelations@4seasonsresort.com to talk further.

Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed 18 June 2012

The atmosphere, staff and amenities really offered convenience and the" being pampered" feeling. Classy resorts never loose their appeal and the Lodge of Four Seasons is a resort treasure. We hope the Lodge of Four Seasons remains family operated/owned and continues to update the property keeping the integrity of the landscaping and offerings it currently has. Cathy Wilson from Overland Park, KS.

Room Tip: Check with reservations since rooms are in different buildings and you may have a preference.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Hello Cathy and thank you for the kind words about your visit to The Lodge. We appreciate all feedback that we receive from guests reviews, but this one really touches our heart. Thank you for everything that you mentioned and we are very excited about your next visit out here.

- The Lodge
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed 17 June 2012

I stayed at the Lodge for an event with a childhood friend. We simply had the best time. The staff was incredibly friendly and knowledgeable. I don’t think I heard the words, “I can’t” the entire time I was there! There was no request that I could make that was too big or too small-all were taken care of without hesitation. It was a busy weekend for the lodge with at least two weddings occurring and another private event, yet I felt like I was queen of the lodge. The staff at the Parrot bar was funny and flirty while mixing up some of the best frozen-drinks I’ve had. The staff at HK’s made me a pizza of my own design and my drink glass was never empty. The staff at Breezes was working hard to ensure that all the guests were seated and satisfied even during the late morning Sunday rush. (PS-I recommend the biscuits and gravy on the buffet-YUMMY!) The housekeeping staff was at our room promptly and offering us extra towels and making our room pristine. My bed was delightfully comfy. The cloverleaf pool was hopping on Saturday with many guests, fun cheery music, and even a round of bingo. I won a prize! The pool water was crisp and clean, and oh, so refreshing. The landscaping was superb. I’ve been coming to the Lodge for nearly 40 years and I’m never disappointed. It’s kept up with the times while maintaining its charm of yesterday.

Room Tip: I stayed in the main lodge which was excellent. The rooms off of the pool looked to be excellent as...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Hello and thank you for the great review about your visit to The Lodge. It sounds like you were able to take in most of what we have to offer and enjoyed it all, which is just perfect.

We look forward to your next visit, and thank you for the brunch recommendation.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lake Ozark
Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark
LakeHouse Hotel
LakeHouse Hotel
#1 of 15 in Osage Beach

Been to Lodge of Four Seasons? Share your experiences!