“Not worth the money. ”

Lodge of Four Seasons
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Lake Ozark
“Not worth the money. ”
Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

Find another place if you are looking for luxury or just a upscale resort.

Needs lots of updating. To expensive for what you get. The rooms were old, dirty and stuffy. The amenities are a little deceiving. We drove a few miles to rent a boat. By driving a short distance we saved a substantial amount on boat rental. It's to bad we couldn't just rent a boat at the resort for the same price.

Look elsewhere if you are looking for a nice couples get away.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Darren C
jtaylor1975, Guest Relations Manager at Lodge of Four Seasons, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Darren C-

Wow, we were disappointed to read your review regarding your fall stay at The Lodge of Four Seasons. We strive to for the highest standards not only in product, but most importantly service. We have shared your comments with the staff in our efforts to become better in our overall product. Please know if you would like to discuss your stay please feel free to email me at jtaylor@4seasonsresort.com, or call me at 1800-843-5253 ext. 8085. We appreciate you sharing and we hope to welcome you back to The Lodge soon.

Kindly,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
Hermann, Missouri
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I love this lodge. We had a great time. Our room was super clean and the pool was absolutely amazing. i stayed with a new baby and the pool was perfect temperature for even her to dip her little feet in. Everyone was so accommodating. I will stay here time and time again. THANK YOU

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Stephanie C-

THANK YOU! How nice of you to share all your kind comments. We truly appreciate your efforts. We look forward to your quick return.

Warm Regards,
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I recently stayed at the Lodge. It brought back a lot of memories because I've stayed here a number of times over the last 30 years or so. They've done a pretty nice job keeping it up. I stayed in a room in the main lodge which was fine because it was close to everything without having to go out in the freezing weather. The floor creaked a little and the decor was a little dated and not up to some of the standards of the upscale hotels these days, but that's part of the charm. There is a lot of wood in this hotel/lodge and the giant fireplace with seating all around when you first enter the lobby is a good sign that this isn't your typical modern hotel.

I had dinner at HK's and it was excellent. I had the Strip Steak. It's a little pricey, but they gave me a $25.00 off coupon when I checked in so that made it very reasonable.

I didn't work out while I was there, but the facility looks decent...not very big though. It had a universal, free weights and a few machines. Plenty as long as the resort isn't packed. They do have a really nice indoor pool and hot-tub.

The japanese gardens and pools are still present and create a nice atmosphere outside.

If you really want to see the lake, request a room in the Season's Bay section. All those rooms face the lake. I didn't get a chance to see what the rooms were actually like, but they have a great view and you can easily walk to the main lobby from that location as well.

I think a family would have a lot of fun spending a weekend at this resort. If the resort doesn't have enough to do, you're just a short distance to all the activities by the Dam or on Hwy 54.

Room Tip: Season's Bay section if you want a guaranteed lake view.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
DCKC-

Thank you for sharing your recent experience while our guest at The Lodge of Four Seasons. We truly appreciate your time and efforts. Please plan on returning again soon.

Best Regards,
Springfield, MO
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We just got back from a two night stay at the Lodge. My wife and I took our 3 year old son for a "sleepover", as he called it. The Avila suites are excellent. A little ways away from the main property, but very quiet. Everything was perfect in the room. The bathroom and kitchen are nicer than what we had at home. Our son had a great time and we enjoyed a lot of quality time together.

The lodge is getting a little old, but that is part of the charm. The service is very good. The theater was down (which disappointed my son), but the front desk came through with some dvd's. I will hand it to their staff, they really try hard. I have stayed here many times, have attended conferences here, and have had business retreats here. I really want to give it five stars, but I can't because of our experience at HK's.

H.K's needs some work. My wife ordered the pasta prim adore, and I am not certain what thy brought us. I have traveled all over the world and have never seen anything quite like it, and it tasted like it was pickled. I had the special, and I don't know if it was really Mahi Mahi, or not. We ordered the scallop app, and having eaten at Baxters the night before we should not have. They were way over cooked. My son had a very good cheeseburger.

The breakfast buffets were good. The staff was great, too.

My wife had a mani/pedi and, as always, loves their spa.

We will be back. I love the lodge, but we just won't eat at H.K.'s.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
OSUcowboyinSPFDMo-

Thank you very much for sharing your recent stay with us. While we appreciate your comments about the room and service, we would like to apologize for experience you had in our restaurant. Please know that we have a new culinary team including a new Executive Chef in place and we have already seen a huge improvement with the quality. If you would like to discuss your experience in HK’s please feel free to email me at jtaylor@4seasonsresort.com. We do hope you will give HK’s another try. Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Lodge.

Sincere Regards,
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Lots to do, even in the coldest winter! It's hard to pick a favorite activity between the Spa, and the beautiful heated pool. It was paradise.
It is on a particularly beautiful part of the lake, and everywhere you look is a fantastic view. I loved the japanese inspired gardens!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
jtaylor1975, Guest Relations Manager at Lodge of Four Seasons, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Claire D-

Thanks so much for your kind review and your recent business with us. We truly appreciate you taking the time out to share your stay. Thank you again, and we hope to welcome you back to The Lodge very soon.

Kindly,
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

We had a voucher for a free night and live nearby, so used this as a quick parents getaway.

Was thoroughly unimpressed. As many have reported, the entire resort is badly in need of updates and maintenance. We had breakfast in the main lodge and it was very easy to picture Don and Betty Draper at the next table chain smoking and having a passive-aggressive discussion.

The room in the new building was OK but with cheaper furnishings than the typical Hampton inn, but at a higher price. There were already large chunks of mold growing on the inside of the shower door and other signs of neglect, so I suspect the new building is on the same trajectory as the rest of the resort.

I will say that all of the staff were very nice and helpful. However, we probably wouldn't return even if we had another voucher.

• Stayed January 2014
MarieMom25-

Thank you for sharing your recent stay with us. We appreciate the time you took out to share your thoughts. We have shared your comments with our housekeeping and maintenance teams to ensure that they addressed your concerns. It is unacceptable to us to pass a room under the condition you mentioned. Our rooms are inspected after a room attendant cleans to ensure cleanlines before they are released back into inventory. Unfortunately, it appears we dropped the ball on your stay, but please accept my apologies and know we have addressed with all staff. If you would like to discuss your stay please feel free to email me at jtaylor@4seasonsresort.com, or call at 1800-843-5253 ext. 8085. Once again, please accept my apologies and we can only hope for the opportunity of serving you again in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Travellers are raving about these Lake Ozark hotels

Columbia, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I have stayed twice at the Lodge of the last month. Once for a work function and once for a kids sporting event held at the Lodge. The property is very dated. With the exception of the door men and spa staff, the hotel staff are rather lack luster. I realize it is winter at the lake so most likely less staff is present but rarely could you find a person to assist with anything. My daughter and I entered the gift shop. The staff member did not greet us or even acknowledge our presence. No one else was even in the shop. We ate dinner at HK's. We waited excessively for ok food and poor service. We also could hear most of our neighboring guests very easily in the Lanai rooms. The cinema was scheduled to show a 7 and 9 pm movie. They security guard could not run the equipment and neither movie was shown. The Lodge is overpriced and over hyped for the service and condition of the property. A major remodel would improve the property!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Lanai rooms and they are better than some in the main building. In the summer they...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Ilmo9198-

First and foremost thank you for taking the time to submit your thoughts about your recent stay at The Lodge of Four Seasons. We appreciate any and all feedback good, or bad as without feedback such as yours we are unable to improve. Please accept my apologies for the service or lack of service you received while with us. We will be sure to share your comments with the staff during our weekly staff meetings. If you would like to discuss your stay please feel free to email me at jtaylor@4seasonsresort.com or call 1-800-843-5253 ext. 8085. Once again, thank you for taking the time out and we hope for the opportunity of serving you again.

Kind Regards,
Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark
LakeHouse Hotel
LakeHouse Hotel
#1 of 15 in Osage Beach

Been to Lodge of Four Seasons? Share your experiences!