“Great view but, that's all.”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Shawnee Bluff Inn

Shawnee Bluff Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lake Ozark
Shawnee Bluff Inn
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Lake Ozark
Fair Grove, MO
“Great view but, that's all.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

My wife and I stayed for two nights and it is very quaint and has a good wine tasting room. The staff are very helpful and friendly. The rooms are very basic and dated. The bed was not comfortable, the bath was small with few amenities. There was no room service during our two night stay and I had to go to the desk to get new towels and wash clothes myself. We visited the area with a large group of friends. I'd search for another place to stay while visiting the area.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Ronald H

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Cadiz, Kentucky
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

My wife and I stayed here with another couple as part of a getaway from the usual madness. My wife and her friends came up a few weeks prior for the wine and said that the cabins would be a fun time; however, the room left us wanting more.

Check in was very easy. You check in at the same place that they have the sitting area and wine tasting/eatery. We were taken to our room by one of the young women who was working on the premises. Our first impression was not that hot. There was a king sized bed with a very "rustic" and tiny bathroom. The bathroom was haphazardly cleaned from the last guest, the bathroom amenities were dingy, and the shower had room for a smaller person. There were two mini bars of soap, but no shampoo. So be prepared to come with your own shampoo. Thankfully, my wife and I travel with extras.

The room was poorly sound proofed and the bed was awful. I woke up with a very achey back in the morning, my buddy woke up with a stiff neck, and his wife had to take pain killers during the evening to fall asleep. There was plenty of hot water in the room and there was a very nice view; which were about the only positives from our experience.

The wine from the winery was among the worst I've ever tasted. I had a cabernet and it was beyond what is acceptable for dry. I will agree with other reviewers as I found the staff working there to be unprofessional. They had friends visiting/eating and they were mixing their own drinks and taking shots as other customers dined among them. I'm sure this is a family run business, but I find that to be unprofessional and I'm sure there's some health code violation to boot.

The rate ran us $90 for the night, which is much cheaper than a DUI, but our bodies and patience paid for it. We were probably okay to drive to a close by hotel given that we drank less than the staff who departed at the end of the evening. We will not stay here again in the future and I don't see us returning to the winery either.

Room Tip: Get a top floor cabin so you don't hear those above you
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank goldarch

Travellers are raving about these Lake Ozark hotels

McKinney, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

We were looking for a fun activity to do with friends and this was a perfect fit. We tasted 4 glasses of different wine and then shared a bottle of our favorite. Great outdoor seating with an awesome view.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Texastwizzler
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

I can't say enough about my daughter and I's stay a few weeks ago. We had such a great and relaxing time I did not want to leave. When they say the best view they are not lying oh my how beautiful! I loved the swimming ;pool with the big wine bottle pouring into it and the deck was amazing! The hot tub was so relaxing and the room was decorated so so cute! They had live bands, the food was great and the wine and service was amazing! I can't wait to go back again!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank emj513
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

We went to Shawnee Bluff on a Saturday and stayed one night. We arrived around 12:30 knowing check in wasn't until 3 pm. No problem - we changed into our swimsuits, grabbed our cooler of snacks and beverages and headed to the pool. The pool is not terribly big, but it was clean and the right size for the property. The pool, tiki bar and deck area were always busy but never crowded. We checked in at 3:00 with no problem and were offered a complimentary glass of wine or beer, which we thought was a nice touch. Our room was updated with hardwood floors, a nice comfy king size bed with fluffy pillows and new bedding. The room included a microwave, mini fridge, coffee maker and flat screen TV. There were night stands on both sides of the bed, each with their own lamp. There was also a small table and 2 chairs in the room, as well. We were pleasantly surprised with our room. From reading the other reviews, it seems that prior to the remodel the rooms weren't so nice. Was the bathroom small? Yes. The shower was more like a closet, but it was spotless clean. I can't be sure but think the tile in the shower might be updated and new, as well. The one downside was our toilet broke in the middle of the night! In talking to my sister, who had traveled down with us, she said their toilet had stopped working too, but they were able to get it working again. As much time, thought and money the owners have put into updating and remodeling the property, I can only hope that updating the toilets/plumbing is on their list. Their wood roasted pizza is to die for!! The wine tasting was fun and informal. The atmosphere at Shawnee Bluff seems to be laid back and easy going - perfect for a weekend getaway to enjoy some incredible views of the lake! We will definitely go back again!

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Amy D
MO
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2012

Hands down.....this location and view is one of the best, but the accomodations are poor. We decided to stay here because they claim to be a winery. Shortly after our arrival we asked for a wine tasting. The staff was friendly but very unprofessional. We were the first customers to sit down for a sampling and were left sitting alone twice to go wait on other customers. Once they returned to us, the staff had forgotten what they had given us to sample :( They do not make their own wine. They simply sell bottles of wine.

We moved on to our room. The room was last decorated in the early 70's and nothing had been replaced or updated since. The carpet was worn and stained. The room smelled like mildew. There were holes in the curtains. There is a balcony with a fabulous view that is shared with everyone else, only rod iron railing to seperate every rooms balcony. No privacy.

This property could be a hidden treasure if it was updated and maintained.
We will not stay here again :(

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank rt97stu
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2012

Our stay here was great. We had visited the winery a few months before and fell in love with the view and their wines, so we went back to celebrate our anniversary. The hotel is very retro - it has been updated but is nowhere near modern resort standards.

Pros: The price can't be beat. No way you can find a clean place with such a great view for $59/night, during high season on a weekend.
The wood-fired pizza is awesome. So are the shrimp skewers.
Free wine tasting, and great wines. If wine isn't your thing, they have a full bar too.
Great deck overlooking the lake, with lots of seating and umbrellas.
Great pool with rafts to lounge on and squirt guns for kids. Hot tub overlooking the lake.
Live music on weekends.
Good sized mini fridge in the room.
Very clean interior of the rooms.
Friendly staff.
Room balconies had a great view...lacking a bit in maintenance (see below).
Cold a/c.

Cons:
Not the most well maintained outdoor area. Some chairs/tables falling apart. Some food/drinks/debris from the night before still left out on the deck in the morning/early afternoon.
While our room interior was very clean, our balcony looked untouched, with cigarette butts and a beer can left from previous visitors.
Hours are limited. Posted hours are 11-9 on weekends, but there was no one there when we left at 11:30 on Sunday, even though we were hoping to get a pizza before hitting the road.
Very basic rooms. Very few outlets, no iron, few cable channels.
Very bad in-room coffee - bring your own or head to Starbucks down the road. Mugs would have been nice rather than tiny styrofoam cups.
Limited menu - a salad option would have been nice.

We will definitely be back for another weekend getaway of excellent wine and gorgeous views.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Lodge of  Four Seasons
Lodge of Four Seasons
#2 of 13 in Lake Ozark
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,021 reviews

Been to Shawnee Bluff Inn? Share your experiences!