“Dont excpect much”

H. Toad's Bar & Grill
Ranked #10 of 56 Restaurants in Lake Ozark
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, View
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: H. Toad’s Bar & Grill is a casual fun place where you will usually find live entertainment on the indoor stage and always a wide variety of food choices. If you’re looking for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, either by boat or by car, this waterfront hot spot is a mainstay at the Lake of the Ozarks. Open year round, H. Toad’s also extends room service to guests at the Camden on the Lake Resort.
Blue Springs
“Dont excpect much”
Reviewed 15 November 2011

I was in the area in March for my 27th birthday with a friend to do a little fishing.. The one night we decided to go out this is where we decided to go.. It actually makes me laugh now but I walked in the door and it took a host 20 minutes to notice me standing right in front of her.. The manager actually came to the front to seat his friends before even greeting us.. We finally got a seat and sat for another 30 min with no drink order or even a great from our server before we walked out.. I don't know about the food but the service was just the worst I have ever experienced..

• Visited March 2011
2 Thank Zeb C

Jefferson City, Missouri
“pretty good”
Reviewed 26 September 2011

A nice large menu with a lot to choose from in a wide price range. Also a large drink menu. Food quality is just ok. Better than a chain restaurant like Chili's or Applebee's but not going to blow you away. The food lacked presentation. However, I would definitely eat there again.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank A2Z4Me
Bonne Terre, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Too Expensive-Poor Service”
Reviewed 19 September 2011

The place had good food, but way too pricey for what you get! I ordered a $24 pasta dish and all I got was the pasta I had to pay extra for the salad!! Then they charge you 18% gratuity for poor service when I was only with one other couple!!! I will not eat here anymore due to it being soo expensive! It is a good atmosphere, but there are better places on the lake that are just as nice and fun!

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank Jayne B
Denver, Colorado
“Same Poor Management and Poor Service”
Reviewed 27 August 2011

This is the former "Horney Toads" that went into bankruptcy.

The name has changed but not much else. The service is still really really bad.

We had guests in town so we thought we would try them again for brunch.

Nothing has changed. They just don't get it. The service was so bad that we had to get up and hunt down our own coffee several times (this was a buffet, all she had to do was bring drinks). The buffet was small but pretty decent however several items were completely out the entire time we were there.

A blind man could see the problem with this place - poor management! They changed the name but must have kept the same poor management. As a matter of fact, we didn't really see anyone in charge when we were there.

Food is actually quite good - a real shame...

• Visited August 2011