“Good location but over priced”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Lake Ozark
Reviewed 14 August 2010

Customer service at check in went okay...it was very busy and the gentleman continued to say he was sorry for delay...that was truly not a problem. The price is some what over the top just because of location near the lake. We recently stayed in Colorado near Denver and Springhill Inn & Suites by Marriott cost less than this hotel. Feel that this was no doubt once a super hotel but think they need to redo the carpets. I agree with one comment that the shower (although felt heavenly after the high temperatures we had during the day) pressure was low. We were on the second floor. There was NO problem with the a/c...kept the room very cool. Bed was comfortable and large selection of pillows. For the price of the room thought the breakfast could have been better. Pool looked like could use some cleaning but we did not intend to swim. No one had wiped down the chairs out by the pool after the rain the night before but we took towel from room and did ourselves. Coffee was VERY good and hot. That gets an A+. Think if I were to stay in the area again I would choose another hotel only because the price seemed high for quality. If others were not available I would stay here though again.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn

Reviewed 15 July 2010

I was wanting a room on July 10th. It was about 8 pm, and I didn't have a reservation. Charlie at the front desk was WONDERFUL! I was drop dead tired, and they were all booked up. He called 3-4 places, to see if any rooms were available, as there was a car show that weekend, and most places were full. He found me a place, and reserved a room till I got there. I can't thank him enough, and I hope his employers know what a great employee he is!!! Charlie. I have stayed at this Baymont Inn before, and was very satisfied with their rooms, and staff.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 May 2010

I would NOT stay there again!!!! After checking in there was NO INTERNET ACCESS, like I had read on the web site before we came. There was NO working ice machine on our floor. I had a toddler with me and there was awful stains on the carpet. The smell was bad in the room. The A/C did not keep the room cool. The women who was working the cont. breakfast was rude and closing it down before 9:00 a.m. so my kids were rudely told YOU NEED TO HURRY UP AND GET WHAT YOU WANT NOW! I am so glad we moved on the the HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS at Osage Beach!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank ckmaria
Reviewed 7 December 2009

This hotel has went downhill since we stayed last year.
The carpet was so dirty that it left my socks dirty.
The shower was a joke. It only worked on one setting and that had very weak water pressure. It made a horrible noise when I turned it on and I had to wiggle the shower head to make it stop. The shower curtain had dried soap and unknown substances on it.
Breakfast has never been their strongpoint. Only tried it one morning. Very limited selection. There was several families eating when breakfast hours were ending. The hotel employee came out and just dumped everything in the trash without acknowledging or asking if any one would like more.

The good is the excellent location close to Osage Beach and the lake.
The beds were comfy and the pillows were awesome.
They have plenty of parking with several entrances.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mdn74
Reviewed 15 March 2009

the baymont hotel is a great place to stay, the staff is freindly, the rooms are a great size, and the pool is huge. and in the summer there is an outdoor pool. the rooms were always clean out of the four times that we stayed there. the only bad thing that evr append was the pool was murkey but they cleaned t up the next day. i reccomend you stay here.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank dAn082
Reviewed 6 August 2008

We were visiting family in the area this past weekend and spent three nights in this hotel. Check in was fine. The room was okay; just your usually mid-priced hotel room. The bathroom is the pits. Its very small with no ventelation fan. The tub is quite a bit higher than the floor so you have to be careful stepping out. There are a few short non-slip strips in the middle of the tub, but if you don't stand exactly in the middle, its very slippery. The water pressure was terrible and the hot water was only luke warm. Its got one of those shower heads placed well for short folks only and I kept hitting my elbow on the upper soap dish when I washed my hair.

We didn't have a problem with the air in our room, but the halls, etc. were quite warm. The game room was sweltering. My husband and I used the indoor pool and hot tub for a while one morning. It was fine. The two controllers for the hot tub took some figuring out and there aren't any directions, but we finally got it working. I used the outdoor pool one morning and it was okay as well. The fitness center was closed the whole time we were there.

They definitely need to do some lawn maintenance. The grass and weeds were quite high even right up around the building. That doesn't give it a very attractive appearance when you pull up.

The free breakfast was okay, but I've had better at several other chains. The lady refilling it didn't do a very good job of keeping it full and wasn't very pleasant. It was hard to find a clean table and there aren't enough of them (only 8 four person tables) for that size of a hotel.

When we checked in, we presented a credit card. When we went to check out, we had decided to pay cash for the room and take it off the credit card. We were told that it had already been charged and they didn't know how to take it off the card. We've done this several times before at different hotels and have never had this problem.

We won't stay here again unless there is no choice. The rate wasn't that remarkable for what you get. I didn't see any other choices in the area, though, for mid-priced hotels. We checked on some of the resorts in the area before booking this, but they didn't look that great either. We normally like to stay in condos, cooking our own meals, etc., but decided against it for this short trip. Now we wish we had done just that.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Deb62862
Reviewed 16 July 2008

The location was great, very close to Pecker's sports bar and just a few miles down the road form the outlet mall. We stayed in a room in the 4th section of the hotel, it was very spacious, the bed was pretty comfy and it wasn't too dirty.
On the other side of things...other reviewers were right, the hotel and rooms were muggy. It was as if the air conditioning didn't work right. The breakfast bar was just okay, I have had far better at La Qunita and Days Inn hotels. We had a very difficult time getting into the outside door of the hotel, it wasn't that our key wouldn't work, the locked just seemed to not catch and it took us about 5 tries each time. I was looking forward to using the fitness center, but when I got there the carpeting was sopping wet, there was a bucket of brown water in the middle of the room and the entire place smelled like mold.
Some friends of ours rented a lakefront condo and for about the same price, theirs was FAR more comfy and cozy. But, if you're just looking for somewhere to lay your head at the end of the day, the Baymont is a little muggy, but okay.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
#3 of 12 in Lake Ozark
Lodge of  Four Seasons
Lodge of Four Seasons
#2 of 12 in Lake Ozark

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!