“Service was great, for the price good hotel.”

Country Club Hotel & Spa
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Lake Ozark
“Service was great, for the price good hotel.”
Reviewed 8 April 2012

The hotel overall was clean and the service was really good. 5 stars for the service, 3 stars for the facilities to make it overall 4. The hotel does need some updating but the Mgmt has recognized this and is taking steps to improve. Excellent price paid for what we got and would go back and stay again.

Room Tip: Junior Suite is plenty big.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tpatrick2011
, General Manager at Country Club Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 6 July 2012
Thank you for taking time to comment on your stay at the Country Club Hotel.

Our strength at the Country Club has been our customer service for a while now. We recognize there is room for improvement on the physical facility and I am please you made note that it is underway.

We hope to see you again soon at the Country Club

Ron Schlicht

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Polish first
Osage Beach, Missouri
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Our room had light beige carpet that was immaculate. Our nights sleep was just fine. Our check in was easy. The hotel does need updating and some general maintenance. Signs could be better with directions to the pool and the rooms on the 4th floor. But we had a very nice stay. I would go back.

Room Tip: We enjoyed our mini suite
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Susan B
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at the Country Club Hotel. We take a great deal of pride in the cleanliness of our hotel as well as the Customer service.
Improvements of the facility are currently underway and while it may take a while the plan is to thoroughly go through every room as well as the public areas through the process.
We at the Country Club are pleased you did enjoy your stay and hope to see you on a return visit soon.
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I read all the reviews before booking this Hotel, and I was not disappointed .
First of all, this is not a 5 stars hotel. If your expectation of a 5 stars room, this is not the one for you. However, for the good price that we paid, then, it is a very good hotel. We had a junior suite and it is good for our family of 4, lots of space. The bed was a little hard, but it just depends on your taste, it can be either good or bad. The bathroom will probably need to be updated in the near future, but it was fine for us. The Country Club is located further from the busiest parts of the lake, so, it is quite, and this is what we want. The food is very good. The swimming pool is big. Fitness room is decent. The hotel staff is great. Overall, it is worth for a 4 stars rating.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Shannon N
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a comment on the Country Club Hotel. It is always a pleasure to hear from our guest. We use all guest comments as a gauge of our performance. The entire staff at the Country Club takes a great deal of pride on our customer service and comments such as yours lets us know we are succeeding in our efforts.
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I just spoke with Jeremy at this fine establishment. He graciously allowed me to use a value voucher that I purchased for the wrong dates of arrival. This voucher was a gift to my daughter and her fiancé for their honeymoon. Jeremy saved the day and a lot of stress for the mother of the bride!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ctplucker
Thank you for your comments on your experience with the Country Club Hotel. I am please we were able to accommodate you. At the Country Club we take a great deal of pride in providing Customer service that goes a bit beyond what too often seems to be normal and in-personal.
Congratulations to your daughter and her new husband, I hope they have many happy years together and hopefully we will see them on their anniversary.
Thank you again for your time.
Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed 23 March 2012

This property sadly doesn't even deserve 1 star. This is my third time here for a convention and each time, it seems it gets worse. Aside from the whole property looking like it is stuck in an 80's time warp, the staff are just a bunch of unprofessional amateurs.

This time, the hotel managed to lose my room reservation. I called in early January to reserve a room at the conference rate, which was ridiculously steep for such a place. Called 2 weeks before the conference start date to confirm my room was a double and the hotel desk clerk "confirmed" that we had a double. Called 2 days before check-in to change our check-in a day earlier - and, no room reservation! So, they somehow managed to put us in the 2-bedroom condo.

Let me start off by saying, that this "upgrade" is worse than the regular rooms. First, the decor was just atrocious. I mean, worse than the actual hotel and hotel rooms. The whole place just sort of felt neglected and unkempt. Dead spiders in my bed, millipedes crawling around, mold on the outside carpet, peeling wall paper (also, vintage 80's) hair stuck on the mattress, box spring, and bed spread. Appliances were from the early 80's (maybe 70's) and two small televisions that were also too old. And, of course they don't service the Condos. Another very poorly thought out idea. I mean we were there 3 nights and you would have thought, they could have at least made the bed. But, hey, this was apparently too much work for them and/or just too far to walk from the main property. Never mind, that I get placed in this and I certainly didn't ask. This was just our Condo.

At check-out, another conference attendee was complaining about similar issues in her Condo, because apparently she had experienced similar issues with her reservation. She was complaining so bitterly at the front desk, even the hotel desk clerk said that she wouldn't stay in the Condo. Really? Your own desk clerk wouldn't stay in the Condo and you put hotel guests in there? Wow....

So, the rest of the hotel struggles to be something that it isn't. The restaurant just needs a better cook. I've tried to eat there 3 times and each time, that too, has gotten worse. This time, I ordered the Salmon thinking that couldn't be too hard to screw up. Well, it was so overcooked - it was like chewing a gummy bear. So, I sent it back. 30 minutes later, it comes back. Still overdone and chewy. I didn't eat it.

Public spaces are just barely maintained. Everything, everywhere needs updates. Like I said, staff are just plain amateurish. They don't care. Especially, the people at the front desk. They were just plain clueless. Several times, I had to get my key rekeyed, another hike across the back 40 acres to get to the front desk. Not once, did they even apologize or inquire how my stay was going. Not even a friendly hello, "How is your day or What can I assist you with today?" sort of thing.

Like I said, this was my 3rd time here in 5 years. This will be the last. Conference or no conference, I will just simply stay anywhere else and drive over. What a sad excuse for a "Country Club Resort." Definitely not recommended.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.....
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
6 Thank alskx3
CountryClubManager, General Manager at Country Club Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
Dear Alskx3
Thank you so much for your comments on your stay at the Country Club Hotel. Let me begin by saying how truly sorry I am for your overall experience at the Country Club. While we fully recognize there is some room for improvement on our facility and have several improvement projects underway with more to come.
We have always put a great deal of emphasis on customer service and as almost all of our reviews reflect, we have enjoyed consistent positive comments regarding our staff. In your review you stated that you did not experience the positive customer service that we work so hard to provide and encountered some negativity on the part of my staff.
If it would be convenient for you, I would like to visit with you directly about your experience. Again, when it is convenient for you please call me at 1-800-964-6698.
I will look forward to hearing from you
Sincerely

Travellers are raving about these Lake Ozark hotels

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 22 March 2012

I recently visited the Lake of the Ozarks for a meeting where they put us in the Country Club Hotel & Spa and lets just say the name is very deceiving. Upon coming up to the hotel you see what are condos that begin to hint at the condition of the main hotel with their dirty appearing white exteriors and windows that should have been replaced years ago. Once we pull up to the hotel itself we are met with what appeared to be a fountain that had seen better days. The lobby was what you would expect though it was all outdated for the most part, seemed to be all original furniture. There was also a game room and what looked like a gymnastics room of some sort with padding throughout the room. At one point it may have been an exercise room though I do not know. It just seemed out of place. One bright spot of the hotel was its bar which offered food and an entertaining group of people. It was opened late so I was able to grab a late night snack after getting back from a meeting. Moving onto the room situation. The room was actually rather large and easily could accommodate four people with ample room for a roll-away bed. It had a wet bar with chairs at the bar, a nice king sized bed, and a couch and chair. The room also had three sinks. This may all sound nice but once again the trend continued with its extremely dated and run down appearance. There was no doubt in my mind that the furniture was all original to the hotel. The bathroom had had some patching done on the ceiling but was never painted over and you could see the seem from the tape job they had done. The view out to the garden was very poor. Many weeds and no landscaping really to speak of. Now I do not know what the room cost, maybe the price reflected what I got. My opinion of the place is that when it was first built it really was an impressive hotel that did reflect its name, but over the years it has not been well maintained and little money has been spent to update it leaving it in a poor state.

Room Tip: Depending upon where you stay in the hotel, the rooms on the second floor will open up onto a grassy...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank AlexM111
Dear Alex1154555
I appreciate you taking the time to comment on the Country Club Hotel & Spa. I would like to begin by saying thank you for visiting us with your organization, we truly appreciate hosting the group events we do at the Country Club Hotel.
The condominiums you referred to as you approached the hotel are all privately owned units and while we are in the same proximity they are not a part of the Country Club Hotel operation.
We acknowledge we have some room for improvement in our facility and currently have several projects underway in the hotel common areas as well as in the hotel rooms such as patching and painting with more to come. We always attempt to make improvements so we do not cause our guests any inconvenience. This will on occasions slow the process and unfortunately on occasions not have a repair completed on the original schedule.
Our fitness facility provides many services to our members. Based on available space some rooms are utilized for activities such as aerobics and yoga classes.
I also would like to apologize for the appearance of the grounds at the Country Club Hotel. It has been a very challenging spring. With late spring temperatures arriving 6 to 8 weeks earlier than usual, the landscape is in obvious need of attention. We are exercising caution on the timing of installing new season landscape materials or de-winterizing ponds and pools considering it really IS late March and who knows if we will have freezing temps in April.
We at the Country Club are pleased you had a good experience at our restaurant, Rafferty’s. We strive to provide the best service we can. We have made many changes in recent months to our operating procedures and have made every attempt to be flexible with our schedule as it pertains to our group business when we have advance notice.
Thank you again for your time in reviewing the Country Club Hotel.
Sincerely
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 15 March 2012

The Country Club Hotel and Spa is the perfect location for those traveling from STL or KC. The rooms are spacious, offer quite views, have updated amenities and a caring staff. The food alone is enough to guarantee a return visit. Great location for corporate retreats or just to take a quick weekend trip with or without the kids.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank kellie m
Thank you for your comments on your visit to the Country Club Hotel. The entire staff of the Country Club takes a great deal of pride in our facility and are true Customer service ambassadors. While some consider it work, the employees of the Country Club look on our group events as a pleasure.
Thank you again for your time.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lake Ozark
#2 of 13 in Lake Ozark
Camden on the Lake Resort
Camden on the Lake Resort
#1 of 13 in Lake Ozark

Been to Country Club Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!