The Lodge at Port Arrowhead(Lake Ozark)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$234
US$123
  • Pool
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$151/night.

US$246
LakeHouse Hotel(Osage Beach)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$134
US$141
Osage Village Inn(Osage Beach)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$94
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$88
Orbitz.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 September 2012

I have stayed here several times when visiting my family and friends here at the lake. The person in the last review was WAY WRONG. The parking lot is very adequately lit. The gate to the pool is always open and left open. And if you couldn't get "out" as she stated why not jump the fence? its not like it's very high..maybe waist length. I love the rooms..The jr suite (what she stayed in) is what we always stay in. I sleep better on their beds than I do my sleep number bed at home!! I have never seen employee's outside smoking. The food is great!!

There is nothing wrong with leaving chemicals outside for long periods of time. Esp if they are working on the pool..nor is there nothing wrong with putting a hose in the pool to fill it, esp when we have had several heatwaves.. How else do you want them to fill the pool??

The fountain not working, well I asked about this and was told that they were waiting on a part to come in so it could be fixed. Things do break..I just can not believe people expect perfection every where. Is your house perfect? Do things at your home break? You must be luck if you have never had anything break or need to replace things! The decor is a lil outdated but that's what I found charming and made me feel young again!

This place is GREAT!!!! I love staying here and look forward to staying again soon!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
CountryClubManager, General Manager at Country Club Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2012

Thank you so much for your comments on the Country Club Hotel. There are occasions when we have disappointed a guest and I am always interested in hearing those comments. It is reviews like yours however that gives my staff a lift and makes it feel like all of their hard work as made it worth their effort. It is our goal to provide a memorable experience to everyone that passes through our doors and keep them coming back. We have realized a great deal of success in providing good customer service and are always pleased when a guest has positive things to say about their experience at the Country Club.
Thank you again for your time.

Reviewed 18 August 2012

This place is a dump. I m sorry but there are no other words I can use to describe it. Take your hard earned money somewhere else. They painted a couple of walls in the halls in the last 2 years and they keep saying "we are remodeling" when in fact it s all a farce. There isn't any remodeling going on. Very dirty, neglected place. The property has SO MUCH potential but mgmt/ owners do not see it. Don't trust the pictures you see online. They were taken at least 10 years ago. The landscaping in sad, fountain does not work. Parking lot very poorly lit. The outdoor pool was bad. The indoor pool was horrendous. Chemicals were left out for very long period of time: I cannot believe how many employees saw this and did not correct the issue. The pool pump was broken. There was a hose in the pool with water running constantly. How do they pass health department inspections? We also were locked in the pool- no other emergency exit and the locking mechanism was stuck. Husband had to push /pry the doors open in order for us to get out. We did not eat at the "restaurant" bc I wouldn't trust the employees with the food. They spend way more time on the patio smoking then inside the building! They get paid to take smoking breaks! The whole place is just SAD! Dirty, old looking. The room: yuck! Yuck! Yuck! Old mattress and pillows. Sheets were think and dirty looking. The furniture hasn't been cleaned in decades. I m sorry but this place doesn't deserve even 1 star! Very sad. As I mentioned earlier, the property itself has great potential but it needs millions invested before you see me again. Dont stay there!

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank anyutaaz2009

I appreciate you taking your valuable time to comment on your visit to the Country Club Hotel. As the General Manager I take all guest comments personal and I will say I am very discouraged by your account. When I took over as GM 2 years ago I took a great deal of time to identify those areas where improvements were called for. Once those areas were identified and prioritized my staff begun in early 2012 putting those plans into motion. I realize that this project may not be moving at a rapid pace but we make every attempt to complete the work in order to cause the least inconvenience to the fewest number of guests. With this said as I am sure you can appreciate, summer is the time of the year when only subtle improvements are underway. Since you stated that “a couple of walls in the halls were painted in the past 2 years” it would lead me to believe you have visited the Country Club in the past. It is unfortunate that many of the improvements that have been made were in “systems” of the hotel such as air conditioning, internet and other equipment type items that do not make a visual impact at this time but are necessary for the comfort and convenience of the guests. We do acknowledge that more improvements need to be made and those plans are in place. I sincerely apologize that your experience did not meet your expectation. As a general rule, comments that have been made regarding the property being somewhat dated are also followed by stating the property is clean and the service is good.

Reviewed 7 August 2012

This hotel has the best customer service I've had in a long time. Anything I needed or even thought I needed the staff came threw for us. If we wanted a tee time on a golf course, they booked it for us. Dinner on site was a great value and happy hour was even better. We were able to purchase a bottle of wine for a excellent price and bring it up to our room. The room is as much fun as you make it, we had a great balcony that allowed me and my husband to see Lake Ozark from a whole different perspective, They have really nice pools, indoor and the outdoor with a pool bar was up to our liking.We loved being away from the craziness of the lake-and when we wanted to go back to the craziness it was just a shuttle away. The hotel called a taxi for us when we needed it and the shuttle. Our trip was a great value, we were able to get to there spa since we got a spa package. Overall this was a great hotel. We will be back, and I'll probably make a girls weekend getaway with this hotel very soon.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a balcony, the Junior Suite was nice.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments on your visit to the Country Club Hotel. The staff of the County Club works very hard to insure a positive experience for our guests. It is reviews like yours that motivates the staff to continue. With so many choices the traveler has for quality lodging in Lake of the Ozarks we are honored you selected the Country Club Hotel as your destination. We will look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 6 August 2012

The property looks nice from the outside. Front desk staff was nice, but was taking calls when I was standing there waiting to check in. We had a junior suite, which was a large room.

Issues...there was a sleeper sofa and a love seat, and 4 chairs-the room seemed to be missing a coffee table. Two chairs were at the bar, other two were in the middle of the room. We stopped at the room briefly to use the restroom, and although there was a knob set and lock on the door...there was NO LATCH. The door just rested against the frame. Would have created a problem in a room with more than 2 people.

The shower head was not operating properly-this was probably a minor plumbing adjustment that the housekeeping staff should have noticed.

Main issue is the bed. The mattress pad does not tuck around the corners of the mattress, it is just a flat pad. TOok us over an hour on this lumpy bed, including a call to the front desk to inquire if other rooms had better mattresses, before I ltook off the sheets and found and straightened out the pad. The pillows were ok, not great. Sheets were VERY thin. OK, so about 1:30am we finally get to sleep. Wake up and there was NO WATER. Called the front desk and they said it was a city water problem, but they had no idea when it would be fixed. Thankfully shortly after the phone call I heard the toilet fill up and the water came back on. Needless to say, we shortened our trip by one night and left that evening-sleeping in our own bed.

If the hotel would invest in mattress pads that had fitted corners, sheets that have a decent heft, and proper locks on the bathroom door, and proper maintenance on plumbing fixtures it would have gone up to 4 circles. Come to find out the hotel messed up how the rooms were charged (using the credit card meant to hold the rooms, and not the credit card we used to check in, and was on the check in documents). Elevators are also really slow. If we were not holding our luggage, would have taken the stairs.

Rooms did appear to be clean.

Room Tip: rooms have to be renovated first..
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank mizzoumom100

Thank you for taking your time to tell us about your visit to the Country Club Hotel. I apologize that you did not have the most positive experience. In the effort to make the accommodations as versatile there are no coffee tables in any of the rooms to provide space for the fold out sofa sleeper without inconveniencing the guests but yet provide adequate seating. I do appreciate that you mentioned the maintenance issues, it is through guest feedback that we are able to identify short comings and take measures to improve. We are currently working on some upgrades in the hotel to include a more modern linen package, 32” televisions, fresh paint in hallways as well as hotel rooms and other room repairs as needed. I will bring the issue of the credit card to the appropriate department manager and provide additional training to Guest Service Representatives as needed.
Thank you again for your time.

Reviewed 30 July 2012

A friend booked this hotel for a girls weekend. Now that I have looked at the pictures posted by travelers from 2007 it concerns me that the bedding is the same that was in our room. While they had done some painting in the hallway, there is much still to be done. We stayed in a junior suite which has a small refrigerator and "kitchen" sink but no microwave. Strange. Room was large enough but lay out was odd. TV was located in the center of the room so couldn't really be seen well from bed or couch. We didn't go to either pool, but they appeared clean and I was impressed with the size of the indoor pool especially. My friends had an issue with the air conditioner in their room so were quickly moved to another room where the AC had recently been updated. We got fresh fruit and strawberries with the room when we arrived and the room service cart was still there the next morning.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank notcarla

I appreciate that you took time to comment on your visit to the Country Club Hotel. As you noted we are currently working on an improvement program that has started with fresh paint in the hallways and we will be moving into the hotel rooms through the winter as our occupancy will allow. We are currently researching options to reposition the televisions however we are limited by the wiring and cable connections that were installed when the hotel was built. I am particularly concerned by the room service cart that was left in the hallway over night. I appreciate you pointing this out as this is not our standard operating procedure. All carts are to be removed from the hallways on a regular basis.