My best friend and I decided to have a "girls weekend" over Valentine's Day weekend. I have never been to The Lake of the Ozarks before and was very excited. We booked a room with two queen beds for two nights. We arrived at the hotel at 9:30pm on Friday night and checked in. We thought it strange that we would have to go DOWN to our room, but didn't think further than that. We arrived at level 1 and walked down the COLD hallways to our room. We walked in to find one king sized bed only. I went back upstairs to let the front desk know that our room was incorrect. We were told that the couch pulled out into a bed...to which I replied that I had ordered two queens. The two ladies behind the desk fumbled through some paperwork and the head lady told me that all the queens were taken, but they could take a roll away bed down to our room. She spoke with her supervisor while I was standing there and said that there wasn't anything else available. We were very frustrated and were just ready to go to bed, so agreed to the roll away bed. She said that they would get it fixed in the morning. I left only to realize that we had left our key cards upstairs at the front desk. I returned to ask for them and asked one more time if there was something else they could do. She flipped thru the books and computer again and said that she would just put me in a junior suite. She also told me that I needed to come downstairs the next morning and tell the manager that I threw a fit, that I refused to stay in the room since it was not what I ordered. I didn't go speak with the manager, I was truly offended that I would have to approach him when they were aware of how unhappy I was. We ended up staying in the junior suite (a king bed and pull out couch) and never heard a peep from management or the front desk. I will NEVER stay at this hotel again. Beyond the room fiasco, the cold hallways, and the rooms in the BASEMENT the jacuzzi that they advertise is ridiculous. It is a backyard jacuzzi that will fit 4 people at best. This was, by far, the worst experience I've ever had at a hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This place is temporarily closed due to renovation. It will reopen in late 2017. Large rooms, onsite Spa and Restaurant, indoor & outdoor pools, and gorgeous scenic views. Just minutes from several state parks, beaches and local attractions. We are the ideal venue for your Lake of the Ozarks business meeting, wedding, banquet or special event. Our skilled staff of professional event planners will make it an event to remember! We can host small groups or groups as large as 1,000! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Country Club Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Club Hotel Lake Ozark
- Country Club Hotel And Spa
- Country Hotel Lake Ozark
- Country Club Hotel & Spa Lake Ozark, MO - Lake Of The Ozarks