My husband and I come to this hotel every year on the third weekend of June for a special event with Bobby Layne & his Orchestra, sponsored by the Southern Rhapsody Dance Society. This is a very large facility with 4 stories of hotel suites, a large indoor pool, spa and sauna, a huge ballroom with hardwood dance floor, two large lobbies, a restaurant and bar. The hotel has a large outdoor pool, tennis courts, racket ball area. Within the area are "villa's" and condos which can be rented or are privately owned.
I agree with many of the previous reviewers which say that this hotel definitely needs a refresh. The décor is 1980's with shiny brass bathroom fixtures and door hardware. All of my pictures of room (#3016) show stains on the light tan carpet and living room furniture. The springs in the chairs were broken, so you sink way down into the chair when you sit. Definitely could use a good reupholsterer. Tiles in the bathtub surround have a black mold ~ needs a good scrubbing or replacement. Tiles are broken in the bathroom. Big mars and marks on the walls of the room ~ needs repainting and repair. So, I didn't bother to add my pictures. No need to add more pictures showing the same damage and deterioration as previous pictures.
The good news is that the facility has a new manager, so I can only hope that upkeep will happen. The small old fashioned TV in the bathroom has been removed. The old fashioned telephones (no, not rotary dial) should be replaced. The old TV sets should be upgraded to new flat screens. The old TV in this room requires 2 remote controls.~ 1 to turn on and volume control, the other to change the channels.
More good news is that this is still a beautiful venue with an amazing view of the mountains and the Lake. Lots of golf courses are near by, marinas are very close to this property, hiking trails are abundant, and nice local restaurants are plentiful. The wonderful staff has been retained by the new management. The staff is friendly and helpful. They do what they can to make the stay very pleasant. We had dinner banquets with each day of our 3 day dance festival. The food is delicious. The servers do their best to serve 200+ people as quickly as possible. They maintain their good humor while trying to keep us all happy with hot food, coffee service, refresh of water and ice tea. I appreciate the work that the staff does for us to make this annual dance party a success.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Large rooms, onsite Spa and Restaurant, indoor & outdoor pools, and gorgeous scenic views. Just minutes from several state parks, beaches and local attractions. We are the ideal venue for your Lake of the Ozarks business meeting, wedding, banquet or special event. Our skilled staff of professional event planners will make it an event to remember! We can host small groups or groups as large as 1,000! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Country Club Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Club Hotel Lake Ozark
- Country Club Hotel And Spa
- Country Hotel Lake Ozark
- Country Club Hotel & Spa Lake Ozark, MO - Lake Of The Ozarks