Having stayed at different locations in the past at Lake of the Ozarks we were thrilled to having "discovered" this resort hotel. Friends recommended this fine place but we questioned it as we hadn't ever heard of it. We go ahead and take their advice and we are so glad we did. From the time you enter the grounds past the security gate you realize you have entered a high class operation fit for the rich and famous but priced affordibly. The hotel sits atop rolling hills and the view is magnificent. Our room over looked a championship golf cource and in the distance the lake and miles of scenery beyond. During our stay on our deck we watched a mother deer with her fawn, a fox hunting brakfast, a family of raccoons scouting for scraps, and heard turkeys calling in the distance. The sunset was magnificent.
Finding the hotel on your own is impossible without directions as it sets back in the forests away from the hustle & bustle that lake of the Ozarks is noted for. However, my wife & myself no longer desire to be awakened by heavy traffic & the roar of large boats & the running & gunning of bass tournament competitors. We prefer quiet & thats what we found.
If you have young children, there are probably more exciting places to stay. This hotel was built several years back for adults. Sure it has indoor & outdoor swimming pools, pool tables, ping pong etc. but what its theme is directed towards is romancing adults, tennis enthusiasts, a relaxing & affordable spa, a complete exercize room & for those who prefer fine food & drink while listening to world class jazz, the Borbon Street Bar & Grill. I met Lynn Zimmer, the band leader & discovered he has played around the country with many of the greats. The weekend we stayed there we were fortunate that not only was the music live broadcast but also the owner, Dick Hawk, had come down from Leawood Ks. to greet his patrons, MC the show, & later to join the band with his piano playing.
Even if the food hadnt been wonderful and modestly priced for the atmosphere we would have been happy but the whole package: food, drink,& entertainment was at its best.
Lastly I must mention our room. Upon entering we were greeted with the feeling of opulence to the extreme. The decor, quality of furniture, to the complete kitchette fullfilled any need we may have required. But let me tell you my fondest memory: a television in the "John"! what more can you ask for?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Large rooms, onsite Spa and Restaurant, indoor & outdoor pools, and gorgeous scenic views. Just minutes from several state parks, beaches and local attractions. We are the ideal venue for your Lake of the Ozarks business meeting, wedding, banquet or special event. Our skilled staff of professional event planners will make it an event to remember! We can host small groups or groups as large as 1,000! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Country Club Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Club Hotel Lake Ozark
- Country Club Hotel And Spa
- Country Hotel Lake Ozark
- Country Club Hotel & Spa Lake Ozark, MO - Lake Of The Ozarks