“Disappointing”
Review of Spa Shiki

Spa Shiki
More attraction details
Owner description: Featured on NBC's Today Show as one of the top spa values in the United States, Spa Shiki at the Lodge of Four Seasons is one of the Midwest's largest full-service resort spas. Located on the water in Lake Ozark, Missouri, Spa Shiki offers a full range of extraordinary treatments for the body and soul, plus sauna, steamroom, whirlpool, and more. Pilates and lifestyle enhancement programs complement the spa experience. Relax, rejuvenate, and renew.
Olathe, Kansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Horrible experience and not worth the money at all. They had to call and change our appointment time which made us change our schedule around since the main point of the stay was a couple massage in the spa. The sap itself is very relaxing. The womens locker room was immaculate, although my husband said the mens had not been serviced in a while when he walked in and when we left he said it was still a mess! We had a couples massage (which we do often in KC) and both my husband and I could hardly tell we were getting a massage. The massages were not worth the money at all. What threw us over the top during our "relaxing stay" was the sirius satellite radio station identification every fifteen minutes. When you are paying to relax and shut out the world, that is the last thing you want. I was told it was new and there no way to have sirius without the station identification. Very sad because it ruined the whole experience. I would rather stay near KC and go somewhere here. Not worth the trip at all!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Heather H
Ann B, Owner at Spa Shiki, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Heather,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We were more than happy to refund the total price of your service for the inconvenience. We also want to apologize for the talking while we were in the process of upgrading our sound system. We would like to say that there is no longer any talking over the speakers as the upgrades are finished.

We sincerely apologize and hope that you will use your gift card to try us again. We would love to see you come back!

Thank you!!!
Ann B
Spa Director

Junction City, Kansas
“Relaxing atmosphere”
Reviewed 30 August 2013

The services are kind of blah, but the amenities are fantastic. The pools and steam rooms are worth it for a day of relaxation.

Visited August 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Overcrowded and Overrated”
Reviewed 21 April 2013 via mobile

Went to spa as a group, all had appointments. Upon arrival they changed one of the appointment times without letting us know. After checking in and getting robed up to relax, there was no place to sit...way overcrowded. Never could get relaxed before or during massage. This could have been an unusual day, but I will never return...a waste of my time and money.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank John R
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Ultimate spa”
Reviewed 17 March 2013 via mobile

We visited spa shiki and were very impressed. It was harder to find than expected, since I originally though it was a separate location from the lodge (I was wrong). I called them and booked with a person rather than book online appointments. Once we got there we were impressed. We enjoyed the amazing amenities of the whirlpool, pools, sauna, and steam room. I enjoyed a wonderful relaxing facial with Nancy. My husband said he had the best massage he's ever gotten by Zoe. We enjoyed it and didn't feel rushed. It is nice you can spend the day enjoying the amenities before and after your treatment (all day if you want) and aren't shooed out when your treatment is over. After my facial I was educated about products I could purchase but it wasn't overly pushy. We can't wait to return!

Wentzville, Missouri
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 90 helpful votes
“Pleasant spa in nice hotel”
Reviewed 30 December 2012

Spa Shiki is at Four Seasons Lodge Hotel at Lake of the Ozarks. As spas go I would rate this above average. The price is high (as most spas are) and the setting is quiet and serene. Many services offered and the employees are very nice. Had a Swedish massage and felt it was done well. Would recommend others to go there. Had lunch at hotel afterward. Nice ending to relaxing morning.