“lost reservation woes”
Review of Spa Shiki

Spa Shiki
More attraction details
Owner description: Featured on NBC's Today Show as one of the top spa values in the United States, Spa Shiki at the Lodge of Four Seasons is one of the Midwest's largest full-service resort spas. Located on the water in Lake Ozark, Missouri, Spa Shiki offers a full range of extraordinary treatments for the body and soul, plus sauna, steamroom, whirlpool, and more. Pilates and lifestyle enhancement programs complement the spa experience. Relax, rejuvenate, and renew.
Jefferson City, Missouri
“lost reservation woes”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I planned a last-minute birthday treat for me and my husband and booked a pedicure using the online system. Wanting to ensure that my husband and I could have pedicures at the same time I called the spa to request the appointment for my husband. The person taking the reservation said she saw my reservation and scheduled my husband for the same time and said everything was set. Since the appointment was at 9 a.m. Sunday we decided to stay overnight at the Lodge Saturday. The hotel staff were great, but when we arrived at the spa the young woman at the counter, after having us fill out the information forms, notified me that I didn't have a reservation, the only reservation their system showed was the one for my husband. All she said was "Sorry," and nothing else. She didn't seem very sincere. I asked if there was another time available that morning, but she said they didn't have another opening until much later. So of course we cancelled and I was extremely disappointed since this was for a special occasion. The woman offered us NO HELP whatsoever--such poor customer service. I realize that we hadn't scheduled any high-dollar spa treatments, but we did travel all the way to the Lodge and spent the weekend primarily to visit their business. They should have been more helpful. The hotel staff were very apologetic and took down our contact information--in fact they said they were sure the spa manager would want to talk to us. To date we haven't heard a thing. The spa staff are probably very capable, but there's no reason to go back, EVER. There are other places with equally capable technicians with much more helpful attitudes. I think the front desk person should be better trained to try to resolve these kinds of issues. Surely this isn't the first time this has happened.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Dedra E
Ann B, Owner at Spa Shiki, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Deidra-
We are so sorry that we did drop the ball and you and your husband were not able to experience the spa, thank you for taking my call and allowing me to personally apologize to you and your husband and I hope, with my offer and apology, you will come back and actually try the spa! Thank you again for your comments!
Ann brown

Columbia, Missouri, United States
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Fantastic spa”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

This is one of the best places for a massage. I have had full-day and half-day services. The staff is very experienced. They will suggest products to purchase but are by no means pushy. Wonderfully relaxing environment. I always leave there wondering why I don't drive the hour+ from my home more often to enjoy the facilities. The spa is the crowning jewel of the dated Lodge.

Visited January 2014
Ann B, Social Media Coordinator at Spa Shiki, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Thank you so much for your beautiful comments! We love having you and hope you come more often!

Abigail
Social Media Coordinator
Lake Ozark, Missouri
“Spa experience.”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I live at the lake and still visit Spa Shiki. It's a wonderful, relaxing experience and the staff is more than pleasant, they are great. I recommend it for anyone looking for a spa retreat.

Visited December 2012
Ann B, Owner at Spa Shiki, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Starsmom2013,

Thank you so much for your comments! We love having repeat customers as it creates a familiar and personal atmosphere here at the spa. We hope to see you again shortly!

Thank you!!
Olathe, Kansas
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Horrible experience and not worth the money at all. They had to call and change our appointment time which made us change our schedule around since the main point of the stay was a couple massage in the spa. The sap itself is very relaxing. The womens locker room was immaculate, although my husband said the mens had not been serviced in a while when he walked in and when we left he said it was still a mess! We had a couples massage (which we do often in KC) and both my husband and I could hardly tell we were getting a massage. The massages were not worth the money at all. What threw us over the top during our "relaxing stay" was the sirius satellite radio station identification every fifteen minutes. When you are paying to relax and shut out the world, that is the last thing you want. I was told it was new and there no way to have sirius without the station identification. Very sad because it ruined the whole experience. I would rather stay near KC and go somewhere here. Not worth the trip at all!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Heather H
Ann B, Owner at Spa Shiki, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Heather,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We were more than happy to refund the total price of your service for the inconvenience. We also want to apologize for the talking while we were in the process of upgrading our sound system. We would like to say that there is no longer any talking over the speakers as the upgrades are finished.

We sincerely apologize and hope that you will use your gift card to try us again. We would love to see you come back!

Thank you!!!
Ann B
Spa Director
Junction City, Kansas
“Relaxing atmosphere”
Reviewed 30 August 2013

The services are kind of blah, but the amenities are fantastic. The pools and steam rooms are worth it for a day of relaxation.

Visited August 2013