“Outstanding menu”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Drove past the restaurant on our way back to our hotel and decided to try it for dinner. It's a nice pleasant restaurant with a fantastic menu. Hard time choosing between the venison and the rabbit. Yes, they do have rabbit. Now that's something you don't see on very many menus. But lots and lots of choices. I did settle on the venison and my wife had a filet mignon and both were outstanding. Great view over the Lake, very pleasant evening. The service was just OK, they tried, but the young man just kept forgetting things. But still worth a visit. It's a little pricey but definitely it is still a good value for the food. Wine list average, but enough choices to find something good.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Savannah Grill was our 2nd choice after our first choice had an hour wait. 7p.m. on Saturday night usually means a long wait at most restaurants at the lake. We tried Savannah Grill and were pleasantly surprised. Chef Sill has added a new foods dining venue to the lake ....with a view. The smaller facility has many tables with a view of the lake. The view is not as good as some of the other better dining establishments at the lake but the food makes up for it.
Samantha, our waitress, provided friendly and timely service with thoughtful recommendations. It was my first experience here and she explained that Chef Sill grows his seasonings on-site. All ingredients are fresh and sourced as locally as possible. She suggested the Shrmp and grits.
The plate was.well presented with a tomato based sauce. The shrimp were plentiful as were the herbs. I could have used more grits but they added a creamy base for the flavorful and healthy shrimp sauce.
The drinks were made with homemade puree such as the raspberry martini I tried. The recommended desert was a bacon and nut ice cream. Sweet and salty was presented very well but was not my taste.
Overall a great dining experience at the lake. We found a new favorite at the lake without a wait. SHHHH.....don't tell anybody.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

We went on a Sunday evening. A great view and a very creative menu. One of us had venison that was very tender and tasty. Two had roasted trout stuffed with succotash. It was excellent, the seasoning on the succotash was very tasty. Others had red snapper and raved about it. The caesar and house salads were very good. Dessert was maple bacon ice cream that was very enjoyable.

Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Went here for dinner on Friday evening since it was near where I was staying. Weather was great and outside seating was immediately available since it's off season right now. Had a small complimentary pickled concoction from the chef and my server, Sam (the one with blonde hair) was really great. I travel and eat solo a lot and she was so thoughtful and pleasant. She remembered me saying earlier it was Friday and I couldn't eat meat during lent... So while waiting for my food she reminded me there was bacon in my dish and asked if I wanted it without the bacon. I completely overlooked that when I ordered. Great atmosphere with a nice view; I would definitely return and recommend this place to anyone visiting. Crab cakes looked like a small portion, but don't let it fool you. I was very full at the end.

Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

Love the Savannah Grill. Great lobster bisque. Anna is an awesome server. High energy and effort. If you are in Lake of the Ozarks you gotta try Savannah Grill.