“Super, Relaxed, and Unique”
Review of Treetop Village

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lake Ozark
Treetop Village
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Lake Ozark
Hammond
“Super, Relaxed, and Unique”
Reviewed 19 August 2012

8 of us and we all loved this place. We had 4 kids in the group ranging from 1-10 and we had no problems with the hills or the stairs. Be sure to let them know ahead of time that you are coming with a toddler, so that they can baby proof the unit. They do the best they can, but you still have to be careful with babies who love stairs; mine, 2, did well. For people who love nature, this is a wonderful place to stay, sorrounded by trees, and water, you are pretty much left alone to enjoy it. No worries about next door noise or neighbors, at that. I love the fact that the house was all windows, everywhere you went you could enjoy a nice view. The house was clean, newer carpet, and newer stove, no granite countertops, but for the setting, I was not expecting luxury. Everything worked well, with a few minor housekeeping issues, which were resolved promptly and courteously. The staff was friendly, and ready to answer any questions you have. On Mondays they have a doughnut and coffee, come and meet your neighbor kind of come and go get together, which we enjoyed and had our questions answered by Judy. Thank you Judy and Carol for all your help.

The pools are great. The outdoor pool is great to enjoy the view, cook out and talk. The indoor pool was great for the little ones. It is heated and not so deep.

I loved this place. WE WILL BE BACK!

Room Tip: The 3 bdrm houses are roomier than the 2 bdroom. All houses are different in decor.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Maria P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Reviewed 19 August 2012 via mobile

These stand-alone cottages are spread out and nestled in the woods. Some are too close to noisy road and have no view of the lake. We stayed in #55. Great view of lake, short walk to indoor pool, tennis courts, outdoor pool, and lake. Expect hilly terrain. Our unit had just 2 steps and a long walkway to front door. Some units had a LOT of stairs. Not good for strollers or older folks. Unit had large MB with bath, a tiny triangle room w/foldout sofa and accordian partition, nice living room/ dining room /kitchen on main floor, Q bdm w/bath downstairs, and Q open loft w/1/2 bath upstairs. All stairs were normal, albeit steep and narrow. Plenty of room for 6 of us. Wish they had sliders and a deck off the main level.

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank TheTravelgirl2
Manhattan, KS
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Fairly small pool, not a fantastic lake view. We stayed at #99. The loft got hot, but everything else was fine and we just lowered the air. Everything is very outdated, but works.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank pnkybrwstr
Texas
Reviewed 25 May 2012

Week of May 11, 2013

This was an exchange through Interval International and we stayed the week before the Memorial Day weekend. It was quiet and peaceful and gave us an opportunity to relax, engage in some reading and explore the area with little traffic

We stayed in Unit 13 which sits ajacent to the golf course but you can see the lake through the trees from the balcony. When we checked in, a very pleasant experience, we were provided a list of properties that were for sale if we were interested. There were over 100 properties listed as foreclosures and this was the extent of any effort to sell us a timeshare property.

The unit was two stories with the master bedroom, living area, kitchen and 2 baths on the top floor. The bottom floor was the second bedroom, bath, with a laundry room containing a full size washer and dryer. Although the unit was not new, it was well kept and clean. The only complaint we had was at night the security lights showed through the bedroom windows lighting up the room. This was easily corrected by draping one of the spare sheets over the window.

There is excellent cell phone reception but no wifi. However the resort provides a key card to the activity center, a short walk and open 24/7, where wifi is available. Wifi is also availabe at several spots in town such as McDonalds and the parking lot a Paul's market.

Our unit was across the street from one of the two outdoor pools. They also have a heated indoor pool on the property. The pool area was very clean as was the pool. The water was a bit cool upon entering as is normal with an outdoor pool. The pool area has vending machines along with outdoor grills if you want to cook out. There are also restrooms which were very clean.

There are many local attractions and when checking in the staff provides maps and coupon books. There is also a wall rack that features phamplets with descriptions and prices of the area attractions. There are a few attractions that are no more than an hours drive. For example Jefferson City the capitol, fifty miles north offers tours of the Missouri State Prison along with the Capitol and other historic sites.

Boat rentals are high, $240 - $280 per hour, but there are several boat tours of the lake for less than $20 per person.

There are an abundance of restaurants, both local and chains, howerver many of the local restaurants do not open until Memorial day weekend.

The resort will also provide a pass to the fitness center located at the Four Seasons Resort.

This is a much better venue and lake than Branson and we will most definitely return.

Room Tip: The units adjacent to the golf course have stairs leading up to the entry. This may be difficult for...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
11 Thank texasseadog
Linn Creek, Missouri
Reviewed 22 April 2012

We visited Treetop village with friends and family for a week. The condominiums are free-standing units with no one directly next door. We were unfortunate to have the only unit directly on the main access road, County road HH. It can be a bit noisy, especially if you are a light or late sleeper. there was a beautiful loft with twin beds, a master suite with a jacuzzi tub and another bedroom on the main floor, as well as another suite on the lower level. The levels are connected by narrow circular staircases. There was a full kitchen and dining area as well. The accommodations were clean and neat, however in my estimation the furnishings were a bit large for the space. We had a minor issue with a sliding door when we checked in and it was repaired happily within a half hour.

There is an indoor pool and hot tub (2) nearby on the property. The pool is kept clean and neat at all times. The attendant there might need a bit of consumer interaction training as we saw her being more unfriendly to other guests when asking them to adhere to pool rules. When she was actually there she seemed rude to those trying to enjoy themselves, especially those with children.

We did not avail ourselves of the other on site facilities, but did visit nearby restaurants for some evening meals.

Overall our stay was enjoyable, the check-in process was easy and fast, and would return to the resort, but search for a smaller unit away from the main highway.

Room Tip: Our four bedroom unit was on the highway and could be noisy. Take a three bedroom unit or smaller i...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank BobandRox
Independence, Missouri
Reviewed 25 March 2012

This was my first visit to Lake of the Ozarks and to stay in a 3-level unit at Treetop Village which a relative owns as an annual 1-week timeshare. The unit was really nice, decorated well and was very clean. This particular unit overlooks the outdoor pool area and cove with covered boat docks. There are 3 bedrooms in the unit including a loft bedroom plus a separate space on the main level with queen-size sofa-bed adjoining the living room. This added space has sliding partitions which close for complete privacy and there are large windows overlooking the cove.
The kitchen is fully appointed with Jenn-aire stove/oven, full-size refrigerator, dishwasher, a glass top rattan dining table with 6 chairs and a rattan bar with 2 stools. There are 2 decks with the unit, one off of the kitchen, and the other off the downstairs bedroom, both with great views of the trees and cove below.
I was so impressed with this particular unit as well as the surrounding area within the complex that I'm seriously considering purchasing a 1-week annual timeshare or possibly buying a unit outright to use as a vacation home if any are available.
Treetop Village is a great vacation spot for families, couples or singles.
The office staff were very friendly.

Room Tip: Any unit bordering the cove would be great although as other guests have mentioned, those units clos...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank LuvToTravelGuy
Cameron, Missouri
Reviewed 22 November 2011

I was looking forward to some rest and relaxation while sitting on the deck and watching the water. I brought my food and my books. I specifically picked out this resort as it appeared unique with a peaceful setting. I planned on being a hermit and watching the sun rise and set from my peaceful vantage point.

Now, what I got: My unit was within a stone's throw from the office. My private drive was so close to the office parking lot that people were parking there instead of the office drive. My deck overlooked the very corner of the golf course (and I mean corner). I heard so much traffic at 1:30 a.m. on an early Saturday morning from the highway that I thought it must be day break.

The inside of the unit (I had both the top and bottom floor to myself) was tastefully decorated and clean. The kitchen, however, was cramped because the circular metal steps leading downstairs cut into the kitchen area making only one path to get from the stove and island back around to the living area. It would have been difficult to have two cooks at once in the kitchen. I wouldn't eat in much if I had 2 couples there and I personally think it's too small for children.

In all fairness, the website does not say all units have a water view, however, I couldn't see any water from any direction. I could see that being beside the office was going to be disruptive, so I left within 8 hours of having arrived and went back home to salvage the rest of my vacation.

If you are going to shop and be out on the town most of your stay, then this might work for you. If you want to sit on the deck and soak in the sun and (hopefully) water, make sure you know which unit you're getting before you commit.

Room Tip: Make sure you've asked ahead about where the unit is located and if you have a view of the lake...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo

#2 of 13 in Lake Ozark
Camden on the Lake Resort
Camden on the Lake Resort
#1 of 13 in Lake Ozark

Been to Treetop Village? Share your experiences!