“Very enjoyable getaway”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lake Ozark
Alhonna Resort & Marina
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Lake Ozark
Branson, Missouri, United States
“Very enjoyable getaway”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I stayed at Alhonna Resort for 3 nights in August of 2013. I was pleased to learn that they accepted pets, as my Jack Russell travels with me. I was searching for a small, mom and pop, lake-front resort where I could get some r & r and I was not disappointed. There was ample space to walk my dog, and although the restaurant was not open during my stay, it was just a short drive back to a small grocery store where I was able to pick up food to prepare in the kitchenette in my room. I had a kitchenette unit (1 bed), over-looking the lake, which was perfect for me. The resort was not far from shopping and dining and sight-seeing in nearby Bagnell Dam and Osage Beach, yet far enough away from the hustle and bustle that I could rest and relax. The staff and management were polite and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: The rooms over-looking the lake were awesome in the morning! Nice to sit out on the deck and enjoy...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Coralville, Iowa
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We love this wonderful resort and restaurant! Great, personable staff. The restaurant is fun and the food is fantastic! Love to enjoy breakfast here before a day on the lake! We have had several family reunions here and all were happy with the accommodations and food. We were just there yesterday and were treated to some new appetizers on the menu! We are looking forward to spending more time here this summer!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Twinimage
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Don't expect luxury here, but a comfortable place for a few days with family. We stayed in rooms 9, 10, 11, 12 on the second floor with rooms overlooking the lake- very beautiful. Kitchens are equipped with silverware, plates, cups, bowls, coffee mugs, some basic kitchen cooking and baking supplies and serve ware, which was convenient. Our cabin also had a dishwasher, which was a plus.
The rooms themselves are a little small, but you won't spend much time in them anyways! With an indoor and outdoor pool, hot tubs, fishing dock, bar/restaurant, game room, and boat rentals available, you will spend most of the time outdoors. We also liked the picnic tables on our shared deck- a great hang out place for the family.
The cleaning could be a little improved, lots of spiders outside, and the fishing dock needs some ventilation in the middle. There is also a playground on-site.
It was a nice place for a family getaway without a huge price tag.

Room Tip: Some of the 3 bedroom units have 2 bathrooms.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank spartan14
St. Louis
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I have been going to Alhonna for a couple of years now. They have spent some of the last few years updating the rooms and now have built a fire pit and are going to add some more. It is a nice resort right on the lake. The owners are very nice people. I love having a restaurant right at the resort along with a bar. The only downfall is swimming in the lake. Not a good place to get in and swim. I hope one year they will fix that. There is a outdoor and indoor pool which is nice. I kinda like seeing the boaters come in for lunch. I have never had a problem with them coming in the pool. I will be back!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Antioch, Tennessee
Reviewed 14 August 2013

My stay was 3 nights with an arrival date of June 6. I had a two bedroom unit when i opened my door i was a few feet from the lake. Beautiful view. The room was remodeled had a full kitchen. very very clean. i can not say enough about the owners of the resort. They were very accommodating to our group of great dane lovers. We are booked again for next year. Resort was very easy to find. LOVED the restaurant staff and food we had a chicken buffet one night It was outstanding. Pool was very nice. Counting down the days until next year.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

Pros:
We loved having a playground near a large deck facing the water. The indoor pool and hot tub were awesome options on rainy days. The outdoor pool was also very popular with our crew. Having a restaurant on the premise was great too!

Cons:
The rooms have that dated feel. No housekeeping (you just go ask for new towels). Small bags of ice for $2. The whole complex looks like it could be a season away from rundown if not carefully kept up.

• Stayed August 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Alhonna Resort is one of the few family resorts left at the Lake. Alhonna has kept up the tradition and worked hard to keep the nostalgic feelings for families coming back year after year, they have two small playgrounds for the kiddos, indoor, outdoor pool with baby pool, and rooms overlooking the Lake, it is a family owned quaint little resort that most everyone seems to adore. The resort is located on the main channel and is known for it's great amenities and awesome fishing (the food is pretty amazing as well - especially breakfast!). The pool is large and has plenty of seating. I noticed someone mentioned in a review they were not happy about boaters or locals coming in to have a cocktail and let kids use the pool. I myself see no problem with it, as a boater I know how difficult it can be at the Lake to find a kid friendly place to stop and relax while boating and after all it IS a boating community. Not only have I stayed there in the past, but I have sent family members and friends to stay at the resort and they have done nothing but rave about the great staff and how much fun they had, so I know first hand it is an incredible place, If you are looking for a relaxing getaway and family friendly environment then Alhonna is the place to stay!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
#1 of 13 in Lake Ozark
Lodge of  Four Seasons
Lodge of Four Seasons
#2 of 13 in Lake Ozark

Been to Alhonna Resort & Marina? Share your experiences!