“Not Good At All”

Price range: US$20 - US$50
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Spent (Wasted) $150 on a dinner for 2.
And that was no drinks just Ice Tea!
Waiter used his BARE HANDS to open my baked potato right in front of me!
The food is over priced the service just average.
Will never be back.

7  Thank David R

Reviewed 30 September 2013

The owner greeted us like old friends though it was our first visit. This is a dining experience not just a meal. Folks had raved about the fried lobster but I thought the batter took away from the taste of the lobster. The add-on beef medallions were very tender and tasty. The lobster came on a bed of shoestring potatoes that were excellent. Dessert was mini cream puffs with chocolate sauce.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

I would like to begin with a Thank You to our friends that took me to the Heron for my Birthday. It was such a generous gift. However, I was embarrassed with the total lack of what the Heron calls a Gourmet experience.
The steaks were cooked right, the salad was "just Okay" nothing upscale here, but good-night, the only choice for a vegetable was "Corn" and it looked like it came out of a can. I try to stay away from carbs, and just wanted a "Green" vegetable, and they said they didn't have one. What? How is this even possible when you are paying $45 to $55 and up per person. Really?
My advice to the owner who is way out of touch with the restaurant scene...put your wait staff in something that doesn't look like a German Hausfrau, arm them with some vegetable choices and stop taking advantage of the public. We will never return and we sure as the devil won't recommend it.

5  Thank Cookecook
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Cost is about $100.00 or more per couple but well worth it! The fried lobster tail is very good! We have been going here for 17 years for special occasions and to take out of state couples for a great evening! The service here is impecable. My husband and I do not drink, but the Blue Heron is known for it's excellent wine collection. This is my favorite place to go for special occasions!

Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

I keep wanting to love this restaurant as the now defunct sister restaurant Potted Steer was a favorite. I have finally given up. Except for the delicious family style salad and bread, the food is mediocre at best, and outrageously expensive. It also seems that the owner is trying to dump some wines way past their prime on unsuspecting guests. The only thing going for it is the view. I suggest coming for drinks on the patio only. I don't think this old standard will be around much longer.

5  Thank Cheri80517