“Great view and food!”

JB Hook's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
JB Hook's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 62 Restaurants in Lake Ozark
Price range: US$5 - US$79
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, View
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: "Hooks" as it is affectionately known, and it's friendly staff, strive to make our valued locals feel at home and our tourists feel like locals! We specialize in Steaks, Seafood and offer Happy Hour deals that can't be beat. Our dining room overlooks a panoramic view of the main channel of the Lake, and offers a relaxing atmosphere to add to your dining experience. Come by and see us!
Marshalltown, Iowa
“Great view and food!”
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

They have happy hour 3-8pm nightly and I think all day Sunday. 1/2 price appetizers and drink specials. Appertzers are top notch and very affordable and can make a great dinner on their own. Went upstairs for dinner and had great table with view of lake and the food was very good. Great place would go back again.

Visited August 2014
Keith S, General Manager at JB Hook's Restaurant, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Thank you for your business folks!

Naperville, illinois
“Bad time”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Went there because of the TA rating. Service was AWFUL. Waited over 90 minutes for our food and when it came 2 had to be sent back. Others enjoyed theirs but the bad service was too much for us. Won't be back.

So sorry to hear about your experience. I remember your table on the patio. I remember the entire dining experience being 90 minutes not just the dinners. It was an extremely busy Saturday night and your table had cocktails and appetizers to start. I also remember the rest of your table complimenting how wonderful everything was. We took the two dinners that came out cold off the bill after we replaced them and gave you a dining card to come back and see us. I was under the impression we had satisfied you. I am truly sorry to hear that you were not
Kansas City, Mo
“What a view!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This is a restaurant with amazing views of Lake of the Ozarks. The lunch special was great. Our server, Natasha, helped make our experience at JB Hook's even better. She had a bubbly personality and made great recommendations. Her friendliness and great service will ensure that we will be returning to JB Hooks.

• Visited August 2014
Keith S, General Manager at JB Hook's Restaurant, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Thank you for your business! Great job Natasha!
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Delicious with a view!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This has got to be one of my favorite restaurants ever! Their salmon bisque is something I crave all year! It is creamy and flavorful yet light at the same time. My boyfriend and I had the smoked trout for an appetizer, and I could have definitely eaten the entire thing as my entree -- or several. I got the Tuna which was cooked to a PERFECT seared rare! It was buttery and rich served with wasabi and clarified butter. On the side I went with mashed potatoes which were incredible! My boyfriend had the scallops and they were probably some, if not THE, best we have ever tasted, rich, deep flavored, buttery, tender!
I love how knowledgeable and friendly the staff is as well!

Visited July 2014
Thank you for your business folks!
Lee's Summit, Missouri
“Great night out with friends because of the server.”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Dinner with friends/business where everyone was considered from the older crowd, you know age range from 50's to 65ish. Our server greeted us, delivered drinks, introduction etc., and then the fun began. From the minute we sat down until we left 2 1/2 hours later our server (Johnny Grist) was awesome. He went above and beyond to make sure that everyone was catered too and kept happy. Let's see, that would be almost impossible with five men and one woman. Just a note of caution, if you are weak in the heart, cannot take a joke, get offended or you are thin skinned do not ask for this server or be careful because he is on his toes.
Thanks again for a wonderful night and yes we would go back again.

• Visited July 2014
Thank you for your business folks! So glad to hear you had a great time. John Grist is definitely one of the best servers I've met in my life. Glad to hear he could help make your experience so special.