“Confused with other reviews...not good.”

El Gallito Authentic Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #39 of 57 Restaurants in Lake Ozark
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: El Gallito Authentic Mexican Restaurant is a new restaurant located in Luby's Plaza. Right of the Bagnell Dam Strip, it's a convenient place to eat. El Gallito offers locals and tourists a great getaway experience. El Gallito is open 7 days a week and features daily drink and food specials.
Glen Carbon, Illinois
“Confused with other reviews...not good.”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The wife and I visited El Gallito around 8pm on a Tuesday. Maybe we caught them on a REALLY off night. The starter chips had a funky flavor to them, the frozen margarita I had was your typical sour mix (no complaints there), but the rest of the meal was the real problem. My meal wasn't very flavorful. The red sauce that I had on my cheese enchilada and bean burrito didn't really have a flavor. The rice was also crunchy and seemed like it had been sitting for a while. The re-fried beans also were a strange texture. It was more like a brown paste and there wasn't any whole beans in it. Luckily, I put on lots of hot sauce and salt to help. My wife got the veggie fajitas and the best description I can say is that the veggies tasted like burnt lighter fluid. They were borderline inedible. I will say that the waiter was very attentive and good. Although he did complain to us about the cook staff about having to write everything clearly for the translators. I also overheard another waitress say to patrons that the cooks were notorious for not putting tortillas on the plate. Pretty unprofessional to talk about them with customers.

Giving it two stars for the margarita and the waiter...

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Kris R
Norberto T, Owner at El Gallito Authentic Mexican Restaurant, responded to this review, 30 December 2014
First of all I am extremely sorry about your experience. I would like to apologize for the issues that you had with our staff and our food. We faced some issues finding good help in the kitchen during a few months this past summer. I would like to personally welcome you back to our restaurant and hope that you will give us another try. We now have great help and we are continuing to make customer's experiences better and better. Please email me at elgallitorestaurant@gmail.com and I will be more than happy to offer you a great deal for your next visit.

Lake Ozark, Missouri
“Great Quality”
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Very good food at a great price, good service. Good parking just off the Strip.
Been twice already and will return.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Westport1mm
Norberto T, Owner at El Gallito Authentic Mexican Restaurant, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Thank you for your review. Glad you like us and we hope to see you back a third time.
Lake Ozark, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great lunch”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

very good food and very good service. The food was excellent! The wait staff was excellent. They were always bringing more chips and drinks .

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Lynn B
Glad you were pleased with your experience.
Jefferson City, Missouri
“Good food, excellent service”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This restaurant has good food and excellent service. I love that when you go to certain restaurants you can actually get good service. I have came here a couple times and the food has always been good as well as the service.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Lynn G
That's great you enjoyed everything.
“Best steak tacos ever!!!”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Great service! Everyone was friendly and happy to answer our questions. Wonderful salsa. And by far the best steak tacos I have ever had! !! Will be back for sure! !

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank scoobysnack7075
We appreciate your review and hope you can make it back to the restaurant soon.