“Great place to rest”

Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Lebanon
San Marcos, California, United States
“Great place to rest”
Reviewed 6 May 2013

This hotel is exactly what I needed after 600+ miles of driving. It's right off the highway and is near everything in town. The rooms are really nice and clean. They have a comfy chair, refrigerator, desk, TV, and a nice comfy bed to rest your head for the night If I was ever coming through the area again, I'd put my hat here for the night. You won't regret it!!!!, Kudos to management111

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
ppatel1981, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 15 May 2013
Thank you very much for your nice review. We really appreciate your positive feedback. We are happy you enjoyed your nice, clean room. We will pass on your great comments to our staff; we know they will appreciate your thoughts. We hope to be of service to you again if you are ever passing through Lebanon, MO!

Pete Patel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed 25 April 2013

I read the reviews on here before booking...maybe I was the unlucky and got the bad room. The place was clean....I have nothing else positive to add. The A/C unit was typical older hotel model that the fan blows until the room temp gets warm enough that the a/c compressor kicks on and runs a few minutes until it cools it back down. This unit was so loud it woke me every time the compressor kicked on. I'd fall back asleep and BAM, woke again by it. I finally turn it off and got some sleep until the room got to warm which woke me. I normally sleep like a rock after driving 8 hours but not in this place. The mattress was not very comfortable as well. I stayed in 8 hotels in 12 days and this was by far the worse night sleep possible. I stayed in 4 different America Best Value Inns on my trip and the other 3 were perfect....did I say it was clean?

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us at Americas Best Value Inn Lebanon, MO. We credit our success in the lodging industry to providing good service and quality accommodations at affordable prices. We appreciate your willingness to take the time to let us know where improvement on our A/C unit and mattress is needed so that we may continue to maintain our high standards.

Ft. Wayne, IN
Reviewed 19 February 2013

This property is 1960's but they keep it clean. Expect no amenities except free internet and coffee Traveling on business it's OK for 1 night at a cheap price; $57.00 with tax. As i said the room is very dated yet clean and fresh smelling and the bed was fair.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
West Lafayette, Indiana
Reviewed 1 December 2012

Management was extremely pleasant and helpful ... the room was large, nice, and clean ... my wife and I do not care whether there is a fridge, coffee machine, and microwave (they were all there!) as long as the room/floor/bathroom/sink/etc. is clean. WiFi worked perfectly. Doing a family trip between Indiana and California back and forth we stayed in three ABVI's. In the ABVI rating system the Lebanon one has three stars and the one in Holbrook, AZ four. That should be the other way around (although we realize that our sample/judgement is based on one room!). On the way back from California we stayed also at another AVBI that was too horrible to describe. Fortunately, we saw in the ABVI Winter/Spring 2013 catalogue that ABVI's top management shares our opinion about that hotel: it is not allowed to carry the ABVI flag anymore. Despite that horrible experience we decided to try the ABVI in Lebanon, MO. We were NOT disappointed ... on the contrary. Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: our non-smoking room was really not a smelly one at all (despite the fact that a tiny cigaret mark o...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Lake Havasu City, Arizona
Reviewed 23 October 2012

We had very nice service and a quiet clean room. It was old but very well kept. For $65 with the cat charge it was well priced. There was a fridge and micro but no hair dryer. We had a desk and office chair. There was also a small table and chair. I had free WiFi and checked email. The bathroom was very smalland old looking. The ceiling in our room was quite strange looking but clean. The carpets had a "just cleaned" smell.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
ppatel1981, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 14 November 2012
Thank you very much for the positive feedback you provided us with. We were very glad to hear that you were pleased with the cleanliness of the property and our hotel facilities during your stay with us.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 4 October 2012

Front desk was extremely rude. Didn't even bother staying. Was just looking for a decent place to stay after a long day of driving. Place looks run down and seedy. Even if the rooms are decent, the service alone made me walk out the door.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for your valuable feedback. We take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations. I would like to apologize for the customer service issues you encountered. I would like to thank you for taking the time to bring these matters to my attention so I can take action. I will address this issue with my staff.

My sincerest apologies,