“Great catfish”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 August 2014

This was our 2nd visit here as we were traveling through. We have enjoyed our meals very much. This time I ordered 2 ribs - they were fatty. The rub on them was delicious, but they needed to cook slower and longer. Next time I wlll stick with the catfish!

There are newer reviews for Dowd's Catfish and BBQ

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Was there with a group of 16. We had a great time awesome food and a wonderful server. Will be back. Atmosphere is great too.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Not just the catfish but the cornbread, fried green beans, hushpuppies, BBQ sauce (the hotter one), coleslaw and beans all were very very good. The catfish is so light and not overly fried or breaded. Amazing. Will be hard to top this catfish. We even bought a pint (brought from the back by the waitress in a ball jar) of their hot raspberry BBQ sauce to go.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I've stopped at dowds every time I've been near Lebanon for the last 12 years and the food has always been good but the prices keep climbing and climbing. Use to be that you would get a basket of potato wedges, fried okra and hush puppies. That has stopped and and again have changed their prices. Up until this summer I would have said dowds was the best catfish place I've ever been to. That is until I found Catfish Kitchen in Benton KY it's worth a weekend trip it's so good.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We had dinner here based on the recommendation of the desk clerk at the HI Express. While the place is not "fancy" we enjoyed eating here. Everything we had was good--catfish (both plain and spicy), popcorn shrimp, cold slaw (very good!), fried okra, onion rings and pinto beans. Also, the waitress was very attentive.

Been to Dowd's Catfish and BBQ? Share your experiences!