“Pretty Good”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Pretty good, worth the stop! I had the BBQ, tasted good, my boyfriend had catfish and shrimp! I wish I could have tried dessert!!

Reviewed 3 June 2018

On our annual trek back to Michigan we stop at Dowd's for dinner. We time our travels, so this will be our dinner stop. I ordered the catfish off the Senior Menu with green beans, mashed potatoes and gravy. My husband had a combination BBQ plate. The food was served hot and with a smile. I am always happy to find a place that can consistently deliver a good meal. Our server Katie gave us excellent service. The restrooms were clean and well maintained.

Reviewed 2 June 2018

We stopped here for supper on our Route 66 tour. We enjoyed the regional menu and friendly service. Seemed to be popular with local residents as well.

1  Thank ChinggisKhaan
Reviewed 30 May 2018

If you go to a catfish restaurant, then you should order the catfish. However, my wife loves the smoked chicken. I always order the catfish and it is perfect. She continues to order the chicken and loves it. Their sides are great. I prefer the green beans. This place is deservedly busy, but they still deliver the meals on a timely basis.

Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

My mother and I came here for dinner from going to Jefferson City back to Branson area. She told me this was a great place to eat so I was in. I ordered the nachos and they were delicious and HUGE. My mother ordered the catfish she said it was a little fishy. Our server(can’t remember her name ugh!) was really nice and super fast! The food comes out in a timely manner. We also got chocolate meringue pie for dessert and it was delicious! We got there around 5pm and they weren’t busy so we were a little worried but they picked up about 530 once people got off work.

Been to Dowd's Catfish and BBQ? Share your experiences!