“Bennett Spring State Park - Wonderful Experience!!”

Bennett Spring State Park
Ranked #1 of 24 things to do in Lebanon
Saint Louis, Missouri
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Bennett Spring State Park - Wonderful Experience!!”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I began going to Bennett Spring State Park to enjoy the park, camp and trout fish back in the 1950's, when I was a small child with my family. After I became an adult and had a family of my own, other things took precedence and I would return only occasionally.
My wife and I returned this past week, and it was a wonderful experience. We stayed in one of the motel rooms, while not elaborate, was very acceptable. They also have cabins to stay in, in addition to camping and RV areas.
Also, I love the crystal clear, 55 degree spring water that grows excellent Rainbow Trout.
I thoroughly recommend this state park for just getting out in the wonderful outdoors, and if you love to catch rainbows, it's an even better experience.

Visited August 2014
4 Thank Duane P

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“There's no better fishing”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

If you like to fish, this is the place. It's great for the seasoned fishermen and children. It's very safe too - a fun place to let your kids run and play. There's a fish hatchery that is interesting to visit as well.

Russellville, Kentucky
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“We come here at least twice a year”
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

We return year after year for both a "guys trip" and a family trip. The park is fairly well maintained and self contained. It has had some hard times with the state budget problems, but the natural beauty is never diminished. Fishing is inexpensive and fun for anyone. Make sure you get both a fishing license and daily trout tags at the office. Ask someone the ins and outs - the fishermen are friendlier and more approachable than some of the staff, so try that first.
Check out the hatchery and make sure you see the spring.
It is definitely a good tradition to get started for all generationsif the family.

iowa
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great trout fishing”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Took my 15 yr and 12 yr old fishing here even though we did not catch a one we had a very enjoyable time. you can rent waders, poles and such at the store. We are novices at trout fishing so that is why we probably did not catch any there were lots of people who did around us. Fish hatchery is cool and of course seeing Bennet Springs and wading in the ice cold water.

Saint Louis, Missouri
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“It's beautiful”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The water is cold and clear. Fishing seemed to be food. I fished outside of the park and did very well. There where more women and children fishing here than iv ever seen anywhere else which was great to see. It's easy access with lots of options to choose from. There are playgrounds an picnic areas all over. I look forward to spending so,e more time here in the near future.