“Route 66 Motel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Munger Moss Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lebanon
Munger Moss Motel
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Lebanon
Merced, California
“Route 66 Motel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

We stayed at the Munger Moss in the summer of 2013. It was in the Route 66 room, which had many photos of other Route 66 attractions displayed on the walls. This was a typical motel for the Route 66 era - reminiscent of many we stayed in as a kid. I would have no qualms about staying here again. Nice and quiet. Good job, owners!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Owensboro, Kentucky
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

After reading all the reviews online, we were excited to stay at the Munger Moss while on our anniversary trip this past weekend. While we enjoyed the antiquity of the motel, we did not appreciate that our room was not clean. There were hairs on our counter and throughout the bathroom. We were very disappointed. We must add that we regret that we did not approach the staff about the room's condition, thereby not giving them the opportunity to make the situation right. A clean room, however, is something that should be a standard in any motel/hotel upon the guests' arrival. We would not recommend this motel, though we hope our review causes them to take a closer look at their housekeeping in the future.

Room Tip: Preview room before you pay in order to ensure it is clean!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Boulder, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

13 cars from our club decided on our trip down Route 66 to experience the history of the highway and stay in as many of the original hotels/motels as was feasible. The Munger Moss did not disappoint us. While not being a new modern hotel it was clean, comfortable and moderately priced. Romona was very friendly and accomodating for all of our needs. If you are on an adventure such as ours to see "The Mother Road" the the Munger Moss is a must.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

I have stayed at the Munger Moss Motel a number of times in the past and my most recent stay was just as great as in the past. Ramona and Bob Lehman make all Route 66 travelers feel like family. I stayed in the Route 66 room, decorated with dozens of old postcard and photograph reproductions of Route 66 stops. Unique to many non-chain motels the Munger Moss wi-fi signal was strong and steady. If you're a Route 66 "roadie" and haven't stayed at this motel you are missing out on a great experience.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank flyboy1946
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

When you book an historic motel you never really know what to expect, but Munger Moss did not disappoint. It is one of the iconic motels on Route 66 and has been under the same careful, loving ownership for over 30 years. We were very pleased to be given the best room, No.24, which is festooned with old photographs and was very comfortable. There is a pleasant outdoor pool which was very welcome due to the heat. The owners have the motel up for sale and I hope that the new owners will retain the charm of this historic property.

Room Tip: Room 24 is the one to go for
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank nistock
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

Every Route 66 book mentions the Munger Moss, and I am so glad that there was a vacancy the night we were returning from the Route 66 International Festival in Joplin. Staying here brought back memories of traveling with my mom & dad back in the 1960s. Our room had pictures of Mother Road attractions in Oklahoma. The room was clean and spacious. It must be a challenge to maintain this property while preserving that retro "look & feel" but they've done a great job.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank LongNeckGoose
Lake Geneva
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

I have now reviewed 69 times as we travel alot. This was a small motel right off the interstate. My new husband and I were driving thru the night to get to our honeymoon destination. needless to say I could not make it. I had a headache and needed to sleep in a bed. we pulled off and I am one to give my money to mom and pop motels more than the big box chain motel/hotels. So this motel had its OPEN sign all lit up in the office window and all the lights on inside. There was a bell to ring after hours and it stated to ring it. It was 1:45 am . I rang the bell thinking a person was just beyond the wall as all the lights were on as I said. Well this old woman came from behind a door putting on her robe ! no shoes or slippers even with a horrible scowl on her face. First thing I did and she cracked open her front door the business she runs is to apologize to her. I couldn't believe she was in her jammies ! I told her that my husband and I were in need of a room for the night. She glared at me and said she was full. I looked at the parking lot an saw 4 cars. Ok so that was full for her wow ! never have I been treated so darn rude by any business owner. If she didnt want any more business for the bight then why have your neon OPEN sign lite and keep all the lights on ! We went to the big box chain motel and slept well thank you.

Room Tip: Stay away and find another place to spend your hard earned money
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Donna J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lebanon
Hampton Inn Lebanon
#3 of 11 in Lebanon
Dave’s Hideaway Motel
Dave’s Hideaway Motel
#4 of 4 in Camdenton

Been to Munger Moss Motel? Share your experiences!