“Not too bad - but not as good as Hibachi!”
Review of Mr Sushi

Mr Sushi
Ranked #57 of 221 Restaurants in Lee's Summit
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We went on a recent Friday night about 6:30 - it wasn't too busy and we got seated right away. We ordered drinks, then appetizers and our meal. We waited a little bit before our chef came to our table to cook our Tepenyaki, probably about 25 minutes. He started cooking - a little bit of the "showmanship" that Hibachi had, but not quite as entertaining and engaging. Food was okay - I had the chicken - tender, good flavor - I also tried the filet mignon and it was only okay, not seasoned very well, and not super tender as it should be. The veggies were good. On a negative note - our appetizers came well into our dinner - separately. The baked clams came almost when we were done. Also, I ordered steamed rice, and our chef seemed to forget it and moved on to another table. We had to ask him where it was - it was accidentally set up for his new table - honest mistake for sure.....but only a mediocre experience. Everyone was very nice there though. Also, our tablemates had 2 small children (under 5) whom they let run the entire restaurant for a good chunk of dinner. I'm thinking that maybe the wait staff was so busy babysitting this couple's child that they were distracted with taking dinner orders. I felt bad for the waiters because it is obviously not their job to dodge little children with trays in their hands, or to make sure they're not going where they shouldn't. Bad parenting.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

The food is ususally very good and they have the best sushi in Lees Summit. Not the fanciest restaurant but you get a good value. We split a meal at the tepinyaki since there is so much food. Very friendly staff and the owner always seems to be there.

Reviewed 7 July 2013

My friends took me for sushi to cheer me up after some bad news. I was so surprised at how great the crab salad is. YUMMY I would totally order that just that alone it was so good. had some crunch to it and the flavor was sweet and balanced. If you havent tried it you must!!! Sushi was good too but the crab salad really hit the spot!

1  Thank Laura W
Reviewed 31 October 2012

The crab salad is a must and I suggest trying different sushi rolls each time you visit. I haven't been disappointed yet. A nice surprise restaurant hidden away in Lee's Summit.

Reviewed 24 September 2012

Try the TIGER ROLL!!! this is new on the menu. I had them add some heat to it and it blew me away. I travel all over the country and was not expecting such an amazing place in KC. I tried the Ashley Roll also and that was killer. Miso was good and the edimame was good as well. The wait staff was amazing, dont let the store front fool you this place is top notch and can compete with any fru fru place in cali!

Been to Mr Sushi? Share your experiences!