“Family Favorite!”

Pleasant Hill, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Family Favorite!”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Our family loves to eat here.....when we are taking out the kiddos, this is their first choice, to do the hibachi grill. When hubby and I go, we eat on the sushi side. All of the food is excellent, the service is great. The owner always remembers our names and our drink order. The attention to detail is top notch! We have eaten at fancier sushi restaurants, but we always go back here, because the food is better than any other place.

• Visited May 2014

Lees summit
“I love this place”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

The chef at steak house is very friendly. They cook very good. The portion is big. I would highly recommend.

• Visited April 2014
Kansas City, Missouri
“Not too bad - but not as good as Hibachi!”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We went on a recent Friday night about 6:30 - it wasn't too busy and we got seated right away. We ordered drinks, then appetizers and our meal. We waited a little bit before our chef came to our table to cook our Tepenyaki, probably about 25 minutes. He started cooking - a little bit of the "showmanship" that Hibachi had, but not quite as entertaining and engaging. Food was okay - I had the chicken - tender, good flavor - I also tried the filet mignon and it was only okay, not seasoned very well, and not super tender as it should be. The veggies were good. On a negative note - our appetizers came well into our dinner - separately. The baked clams came almost when we were done. Also, I ordered steamed rice, and our chef seemed to forget it and moved on to another table. We had to ask him where it was - it was accidentally set up for his new table - honest mistake for sure.....but only a mediocre experience. Everyone was very nice there though. Also, our tablemates had 2 small children (under 5) whom they let run the entire restaurant for a good chunk of dinner. I'm thinking that maybe the wait staff was so busy babysitting this couple's child that they were distracted with taking dinner orders. I felt bad for the waiters because it is obviously not their job to dodge little children with trays in their hands, or to make sure they're not going where they shouldn't. Bad parenting.

• Visited March 2014
Lee's Summit, Missouri
“Great prices”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

The food is ususally very good and they have the best sushi in Lees Summit. Not the fanciest restaurant but you get a good value. We split a meal at the tepinyaki since there is so much food. Very friendly staff and the owner always seems to be there.

• Visited November 2013
Blue Springs, Missouri
“crab salad”
Reviewed 7 July 2013

My friends took me for sushi to cheer me up after some bad news. I was so surprised at how great the crab salad is. YUMMY I would totally order that just that alone it was so good. had some crunch to it and the flavor was sweet and balanced. If you havent tried it you must!!! Sushi was good too but the crab salad really hit the spot!

• Visited June 2013