Americas Best Value Inn and Suites Lee's Summit-Kansas City
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Lee's Summit
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Hotel wasn't bad. Not the best in the world but for the price I can't complain. No charge for my dog. I would stay here again. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Rooms were alright, from what I could tell they were clean. I never thought to bring my hair dryer since most hotels I stay at have them, so that was a little annoying. Like I said, I would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steven-and-Lisa

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Stayed 5 nights – the worst days of my life. Pre-paid through Hotel.com. Rate should have been a sign. Lesson – pay attention to reviews!
The bed linens were not made for US mattress sizing, they only had top sheets which were stained and always had someone else’s hair on them, even when we requested clean ones. The mattress and pillows were nasty – stained and not protected. There was a mattress pad but it was as small and nasty as the mattress. When you lay on the bed the sheets came off. The comforters were nice – but had not been washed in a long while. We asked for blankets so we did not have to touch them. The towels – which they would only give you one per person were very thin and like drying with sandpaper.
The pool is still closed- looks like since 2011 from other reviews. It appears remodeling was started as the building has been painted inside and the outside is half-way up painted – guess the ladder wouldn’t reach. Carpet was replaced recently. The parking lot is like a roller coaster ride – not sure who put the asphalt down but they forgot the roll part.
Some recent furniture mixed with old worn out items. There was a new flat screen TV – but the cable was not connected. Website and materials in room said there would be a coffee pot and clock in each room – there was neither.
The floor was not vacuumed during the entire stay. I had to ask twice to clean the shower because the dirty and soap scum from previous users was so bad you could write in it. Which I did write CLEAN and it stayed there 2 days before I asked AGAIN to please clean the bathroom. There was only a small shower like an RV.
Toilet was loose and ran all night. AC was noisy and when we switched to heat smelled like it was burning up. Security lock on door did not work. Building was not secured at night – the back door did not even have a lock.
Breakfast was offered - -stick to the waffles – everything else is days old and unprotected. No lids for coffee cups.
Oh they have a sign at the front desk that guns, drugs etc., are not allowed, and if you take anything you will be charged – like you would want anything they have!

Mr. Patel is not taking very good care of his investment.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank GotItDownPat
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We stayed here Aug 10, lady at front desk was very nice. Room was so-so but bed was good so we thought it was OK. Left for the evening to go to a wedding, came back to the air conditioner not working. We turned it back on and it smelled hot, like burning wires. Called the front desk & they said maintenance guy was gone for the evening and did we want to move to another room. Of course, they didn't have any more smoking rooms so I said we'll just open the window. Went to take a bath in the jet tub and the shower wouldn't shut off therefore, there was no pressure for the tub, took 20 min to fill. And there was no toilet tissue holder, no hair dryer and no coffee pot as advertised. When we left the next morning, I told the front desk person our problems, her answer was I'm so sorry.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Was a bit worried after reading the past reviews but we really did not have a good second choice so we gambled. The lady at the front desk was very nice and allowed us to see the room before we booked it. The hotel is very outdated and is supposed to be going through a renovation. Our room was suppose to be one of the better ones but after not finding anywhere to hang up clothes, (no clostet, or hooks) we laid the clothes on the dresser. Room did have a newer TV with a frig and microwave which was nice to see. The RED paint on the walls was an intresting color, but it looked like it was applied by a mop. The worst part was the bed. Please, burn the mattress and pillows today! How can anyone have such a horrible bed at their property, really amazing . The area is in a good location and was easy to find. I am sure at one time this might have been a nicer place to stay, but if you have any others options, please take it.

Room Tip: If you have to stay there, insist on a newer room and cross your fingers.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 December 2012

This was one of the worst motels I have ever stayed in for a very long time. The first room they put me i was #104 which was very poor. There was rust and mold around the shower door and the apparently had tried to putty around te shower door and tehen did not bother to repaint the putty. I hhave taken several pictures of this room. The heating unit was so hard to adjust (turning the knob) that I had to have the front desk come and help me adjust the temp. They apparently tried to patch the walls but used a different color paint afterwards which made the wall look bad. I tried to call the Hotels.com rep (I reserved the room through them) to see about canceling the remaining 9 days of my stay so I could move to a better motel and was told that they could not quarantee that I could get my money back for those remaining days even though the room was so inferior. They said I would have to take my chances. Because I could not afford to pay for two room for the 9 days I had to stay and so requested another room. I was moved that night to room 200 (they did not help me to move my belongings) and it was just slightly better. There was still rust and mold all around the shower door, which would not close properly, When I got up to shower on the third day at 8:30 there was absolutely no hot water. When I called down to find out the problem they said that the owner's family was in town for a funeral and they had used all the hot water (I had to wash up with totally cold water). For the remainder of my stay every day there was only 5-6 minutes of hot water in the shower before it began to run cold. All complaints about the all of these problems landed on deaf ears. Avoid this motel if you want a decent room without rust, mold and a shortage of hot water.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 December 2012

Lowest price in Lee's Summit. I have to switch rooms because the TV did not work. Second room was not clean. My wife was not comfortable letting out toddler crawl on the floor with out putting something down first. Free Wifi was so slow I could not use it. I did not stay to find out if the free breakfast was any good.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Where do I start. This hotel was so horrible. I couldn't sleep good because I was sacred something was going to fall or crawl on me. I had two rooms for two nights and both had the same issues. The paint was different colors,no bathtub and the repair jobs were very noticeable and bad. Near the elevator the carpet was missing and you can see the floor nails left behind. Can you say safety hazard. Whoever thought that this hotel should be listed as a 3 star hotel should have to pay. The only reason why I stayed is because the rooms had already been paid for. If I had the extra money I just would have left after the first night. The only good thing I can say about this place is that the staff was nice. But other than that I was glad to see it in my rear view mirror after my stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family