“Excellent!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Italian, American
Excelsior Springs, Missouri
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2013

This place has wonderful food, but the staff seems unorganized a bit and the food took a long time to make it to the table for six of us.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank keegans_mom61

Olathe, Kansas
“The Gem is now The Cork and Brew”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2012

6 of US had a great dinner last night at the Cork and Brew. The pasta dishes were a big hit. My Kobe burger was very nice. The Salmon was very fresh and a nice portion. The bar and back patio area look like a place we could hang out if we were locals.

• Visited June 2012
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

If you're looking for a "jem" of a place - this is it!! Great food, great drinks, great atmosphere, and great service! Rinse, lather, repeat!!

Kansas City, Missouri
“atmosphere is awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2011

Went on a friday night. There was live blues music, which was really good. Everyone was super friendly, the atmosphere was lovely. We ended up having several martinis for each of us. Tried nearly all of them. They were all very very good. The bikinitini was my favorite. They go for about 9 bucks a pop FYI. For appetizers we had the crab cakes (pretty decent, although I prefer them a bit crisper on the outside with more condiment) and the flatbread which came with a pesto, hummus, and a roasted red pepper marinara. (that was pretty decent too) for dinner we ordered two kinds of pizza. they were both very tasty, but my favorite was the hey-zeus. caramelized onions, clamata olives, and lots of delicious feta cheese. So tasty. For desert we had the lemon creme cake (was ok) and the carrot cake (good cake, but was still a bit frozen when we got it, kind of sloppy) our waitress was super nice and did very well even though they were pretty busy. Next time I will definitely venture out and try their pasta. Honestly I think the best things about this place is that 1) it is not a chain and 2) the atmosphere is so great. It is the perfect place to go for a few cocktails with friends, out even to unwind after work (they have a couple of really comfy couches). Also, I have heard that they have lunch specials. If I worked close, I would probably frequent the Jem.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Kansas City
“LOVED IT !!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

Ok, here goes....we loved this place. Very quaint and dimly lit atmosphere, perfect to relax and chat with your spouse.Located on the historic square in Liberty. The drinks were great, my Jim and Coke was perfect, my wife's wine also.

The appetizer of stuffed mushrroms disappeared instantly and we wished we had more. The salad was unique and fresh. The dinner we had was one of their flat bread margherita pizza's, and was absolutely tasty!!

We were greeted by the owner and the general manager...very nice and personable.

Lots of finer foods on menu to try, so we are heading back, very soon!! LOVED IT

• Visited November 2011