“Well worth the visit.”

Ranked #2 of 15 things to do in Liberty
Boise, Idaho
“Well worth the visit.”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

The sister missionaries did an excellent job at re-creating the prophet Joseph's time here in the prison-temple. The reconstructed jail looks taken out of time. Absolutely wonderful and spiritually inspiring.

Visited August 2013

Farr West
137 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“A Testimony Builder”
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I wasn't sure exactly what to expect here. I'd heard mixed reviews from people who had been here. I was very humbled as I sat and tried to imagine how the Prophet Joseph Smith must have felt while he was here. The sister missionary who gave us the tour did an amazing job sharing the story and the history of this site. We were traveling with our family of 9 including 3 & 6 year old grandchildren. The 6 year old said Liberty Jail and the Hill Cumorah were his favorite of all the church history sites we went to. When I asked him why, he said: "Because Joseph Smith was pretty brave to stay in that dark place, I'm glad Heavenly Father helped him get out." What's the saying... And a child shall lead them-

Visited June 2013
Prairie Village, KS
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 133 helpful votes
“LDS Church tourist trap”
Reviewed 19 June 2013

The actual history and story is cool, and they did a good job of recreating the jail. However, most of the tour was finding out your religious preference and hailing the virtues of Mormon founder Joseph Smith. It was a turn off.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Gruntlumber
Wasilla, Alaska
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Wonderful Missionaries and Spirit”
Reviewed 28 April 2013

My mom and I went to Liberty Jail. The tour is well done and the recreation of events is well done. The tour is not rushed. I would recommend if you are in the area to stop by and see the jail.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank momofacowgirl
Lawrence, Kansas
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“History Lesson”
Reviewed 20 March 2013

Visited with my family during late summer last year. When entering the center you are directed to a room for a brief welcome before being guided to the reconstructed jail. Then, just watch and listen. The lighting, sounds, etc., lends to the ominous atmosphere that draws you into the experience of what life must have been like for the prisoners. A great education experience.

Visited July 2012