“Good Chinese Food; Quiet, Peaceful Atmosphere”
Review of Hunan Garden

Ranked #31 of 88 Restaurants in Liberty
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Kansas City, Missouri
“Good Chinese Food; Quiet, Peaceful Atmosphere”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

It's hard to find a good Chinese restaurant in Kansas City. This small one over in Liberty is a great place for a nice, quiet dinner. It was very clean, there were only perhaps five other tables taken in a room that had about 15 tables (there was also a back room that was closed off). Quiet, instrumental music played unobtrusively in the background, and the servers were very polite.

When we were seated (immediately), we were given fried wonton noodles to snack on as the self-labelled "bus boy" took our drink orders. He poured my hot tea for me and kept my husband's iced tea full. We ordered crab rangoon for an appetizer, and it was flavorful and crunchy. My husband ordered Mongolian Beef, and I ordered Buddhist's Delight (a vegetarian plate), both of which were served with sticky rice on the side. Both dishes were tasty and filling.
Even after we were finished eating, we just sat there talking and enjoying our teas. No one bothered us, it was quiet, and we found it quite enjoyable.
The service was quick and good. We'll definitely return.

• Visited March 2014

Germantown, Tennessee
“Fast service”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Read reviews service was very slow but we found it very fast. Good chinese food at a good prce.
Large portions of food. We'll go back

• Visited July 2013
Kansas City
“Eating”
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I like that it is clean and there is never a lot of people here. However, I have yet to order that dish that really impresses me. I usually get something with shrimp. Each time the shrimp is overcooked and rubbery. The egg rolls are odd tasting. They are not bad just different from what I am used to. I will eat there again but it is not a place I tell my friends to eat at when they want great chinese food.

Visited June 2013
Blue Springs, Missouri
“Great Chinese”
Reviewed 22 May 2013

This is old school chinese food. It is nice to order individual platters of food, not just a buffet.

Visited March 2013
K.C. MO.
“Fantastic Lunch”
Reviewed 25 September 2011

Good variety of choices, featuring traditional chinese and some with american options.
"best" crab rangoon in the city !
lunch special comes with crab rangoon and choice of egg drop, hot and sour and wonton soup. Staff was very friendly, and even thou an event was going on and it was saturday, our food arrived quickly and made to order. Was supplied with a take home box because even thou it was a lunch specail there was NO way we could eat it all!!

• Visited September 2011