“Very impressed!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Liberty
Stone-Yancey House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 Liberty B&B and Inns
Union, Missouri
“Very impressed!!”
Reviewed 12 May 2013 via mobile

My husband and I chose Stone-Yancey as our reward getaway weekend for 2 for completing the Missouri passport program. Am I glad we did!! This B&B is beautiful, our two breakfasts were fantastic. The hospitality was great! We felt very relaxed and at home here! We highly recommend this B & B.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Nancy44986

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 8 April 2013

All I got to say is WOW!.... Spent two nights at the Stone-Yancey house. Just trying to get away from the kids and have some 'Me' time alone. The entire experience was just wonderful from the beautifully decor of this historic home to the attention and courtesy of Carolyn and Steve. Not to mention that the food and yummy treats Carolyn prepared was phenomenal! They truly go above and beyond to make me feel very welcome and comfortable in their home and I enjoyed every inch of it... it was a relaxing blast to the past! Highly recommended for solo people looking for a relaxing pampering experience or a Romantic couples getaway. Definitely NOT a kids place.

Room Tip: Yancey Room. Very pretty Victorian decorations and cozy feel.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank BuddhaBelly78
kansas city, missouri
Reviewed 18 February 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at the Stone-Yancey House this Valentine’s Day week and had an amazing time! Excellent parking! Easy to find! We were greeted with a smile with the Owner/Operator Carolyn. Carolyn was a complete delight to talk to and made my wife and I felt like family. My wife and I were blow away by this gorgeous home and was offered fresh cookies as soon as we signed in.
Then a quick tour of the house and went over the rules, by the way the pictures on the website does not do the house justice. This home looks like it was transported from in the early 1900’s; it is simply beautiful with an extreme touch of detail with the décor that makes this place the perfect romantic getaway!
They have an extensive book & video library which we were advised to help ourselves with. During the tour we were not told what time to be down stairs for breakfast, but asked what time do we want to have breakfast, which was nice since my wife and I were just there to relax and didn’t want to feel like we were on a schedule. Carolyn also asked if we had any allegories to food or any diet restrictions for breakfast. We advised her that my wife is pregnant and needs to have a minimal amount of sugary breakfast foods. Carolyn knew exactly what to make for her and made it with complete ease.
Beds and pillows were very nice and the rooms were immaculate! I am a neat freak and the rooms were perfect! Breakfast the following morning and had the best breakfast I have ever had! Carolyn made fruit dish, fresh coffee, water, juice, scones, baked egg & baked French toast, and sausage. Yum!
My wife and I were so impressed with their B&B that we bought a souvenir mug. I cannot stress what a hidden jem this place is. I normally do not write comments on places I have stayed unless they were a nightmare to stay at. However I highly recommend this B&B enough! Please do not over look this place, it is worth the money! Make it your first choice!!!!

1 Thank Jmagee79
Parkville, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 18 February 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a one night getaway from our normal routine, to celebrate Valentine's day. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The home was very well maintained, the breakfast was wonderful and Carolyn and Steve were very pleasant and helpful. We especially appreciated the fact that they met our dietary requests. We've stayed at other bed and breakfasts in the area and that was not the case. The house was built in the late 1800's so it was a unique atmosphere. Due to the house being that old, it was really creaky while trying to walk around our room and get to the bathroom during the night. But, not much can be done to improve that aspect. :-) Overall, we were very happy with our stay and would consider returning, possibly to experience one of the other rooms.

Riverside, MO
Reviewed 17 February 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Stone-Yancey house for valentine's day and stayed in the Yancey room. The house is in excellent condition and was kept very clean. We were made to feel right at home and had a wonderful night, the bearclaw bathtub was amazing. When we woke up we were even more pleased with the fabulous breakfast that was prepared for us. I am vegan, but my boyfriend is not, but that was no problem for our wonderful hostess. She made an elegant breakfast to suit both of us. We will definitely recommend this B&B to all of our friends and family.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Yancey room, but I'm sure the others are just as impressive.
Rice Lake, Wisconsin
Reviewed 19 January 2013

The Stone-Yancey house is quite a step up in renovation and presentation of a 19th century home. Steve and Carolyn have obviously made a very large investment.
They were excellent hosts, looking after our needs without being over-bearing. Breakfast was quite special, and quite large!. Shirred eggs, cranberry scones, fresh fruits in yogurt, French toast-"banana foster", and more. Great coffee. Carolyn set an elaborate table of china and cutlery I'm sure we weren't the first to take pictures of her breakfast table.
The rooms were beautifully restored and decorated, and markedly clean. One suite has an anteroom with a free-standing tub. We chose a less expensive room with a bathroom accessible by a short hallway. No problem.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed 25 December 2012

A wonderful place. We were greeted by very friendly Carolyn. Very comfortable beds and decorated very nicely. Coffee or hot water ready an hour before breakfast in the hall right outside the door. And a wonderful setting room downstairs.

Room Tip: The Yancy room is the only room without bathroom in the room but it is still a private bathroom.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Liberty
Hampton Inn Kansas City Liberty
Holiday Inn Express Liberty
Holiday Inn Express Liberty
#60 of 109 in Kansas City
WoodSpring Suites Kansas City Liberty

Been to Stone-Yancey House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!