“Loved it!”
Review of Bunkhouse Lodge

Bunkhouse Lodge
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lincoln
Bunkhouse Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lincoln
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“Loved it!”
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Had great fun at the Bunkhouse Lodge! Great place and great people! Loved every second of it. Billiard room was awesome, room had great acoustics for jamming out! Bruce, Debbie and Waylon are all amazing people, it was great chatting to them all and hearing some awesome stories. 5 stars.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Lincoln, Missouri
Reviewed 24 February 2013

FIVE STARS!!! I was looking for a room for a few nights when I called the Bunkhouse Lodge. The owner Bruce answered, and was not only very pleasant but went out of his way to ensure I had good directions to get there. Finding the Bunkhouse Lodge couldn't have been easier, as they are conveniently located on HWY 65. Even when I called back to see about checking in a night earlier than my reservations, and then checking in after office hours, Bruce and his staff couldn't have been nicer.

The room I had was wonderful! The western decorations and furniture - which ALL appear to be handcrafted, really set the Bunkhouse Lodge apart from all other Hotel/Motels I've stayed at, and I do travel from time to time. The room was immaculate - VERY CLEAN. The bathroom and kitchenette was wonderful and spacious and included A refridgerator and freezer, a coffee maker, a microwave, and a nice big bathtub which is also handicapped accessible, as is the whole room! A beautiful picture on the big screen television, which came with full channels PLUS the HBO movie package. A nice comfortable King size bed to top it all off, I would recommend the Bunkhouse Lodge to family any time and every time.

The rates are very fair - you won't find a better rate within 200 miles of Lincoln, and with the wonderful decorations and handcrafted furniture, even the lighting in the room is all antique oil lamps that have been converted for electric, if you're looking for a wonderful place to stay and enjoy the feeling of being at home in comfort, and watch the birds as they gather outside the window, you CAN NOT GO WRONG. Bruce, Debbie, and their whole staff could not have been nicer during my stay. I'm not sure why some have left such awful reviews for such wonderful people; the whole staff ensured that my satisfaction was 110%. I look forward to another stay at the Bunkhouse the next time I come this way.

Book your stay with confidence! You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Location is perfect - easy to find, right off the main highway. Wonderful diners, WalMart, Dollar Ge...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Paul A
Reviewed 1 February 2013

The owners wife Debbie on our second day of our four day planned visit came to our room banging on our door with her fists yelling open the door now scared my husband and I we both though omg is the building on fire. When we opened the door she started yelling you can't stay here any longer you have to go. When I ask why she said because of your dog. It's getting hair every where. Puzzled since we have a 9 lb Boston terrier I said I'm sorry I didn't know since we had stayed just a few months prior with her that it is a problem now. She yelled. Yes actually yelled well it is. My husband and I didn't bother to pack we picked up our things put them in the trunk and got the heck out of there. We both were afraid of what she was going to do next. As for the room it's exactly what you pay for. Small smells like smoke and dirty. Agree with everyone else drive the extra 10 miles pay the extra 15 dollars for a 100% better motel right beside a store and food services.

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank SkyGrace
Kansas
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We recently stayed at this property after a night in Sedalia at the State Fair. The prices at Sedalia hotels were insane so we choose this property. The price was right for us, but the motel has changed a lot from what I remember 10 years or so ago. The lobby is a flea market...and smelled of smoke. Also, the lobby has set hours, so we couldn't check out until they opened at 7:30 am. Ice machine and vending was also in the lobby, so no access after hours.

All in all, our stay was just fine. The room did have a mini fridge and microwave and the staff was very friendly.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank hmsadgirl
Bellevue, NE
Reviewed 16 August 2012

I have never felt the need to express my opinion about a hotel on-line, until now. We all have good and not so good stays: however I am compelled to share my disgust with this this motel and staff to everyone--and advise them to avoid this motel. My husband and I regularly visit this area of Missouri to fish. We stayed a few times at the Bunkhouse Lodge. Each time the experience got worse. At first you try to tell yourself someone is just having a bad day and go on, however the next time we stayed was no better. The last time we were there--and the last time we will EVER stay there, the owners, Debbie and Bruce, were both completely and utterly rude and disgusting. I have never been treated so poorly in my life. As I pulled up the TripAdvisor site and proceeded to read through the other reviews, I felt like I was hearing my own personal story. The pool WAS dirty, it WAS locked at 11:00am, and I WAS also treated as rudely as the other guests described. Obviously mine is not just an isolated incident but rather a consistent complaint. My advise--Do yourself a favor and avoid this motel. Drive an extra 10 miles down the road to the next one. You will be glad you did.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SureStayPlusOmahaS
Oak Grove, Arkansas
Reviewed 26 May 2012

We are a ministry team that stayed two nights at the Bunkhouse. As we are very thankful for the churches that provided lodging for us I have notified the pastor's to not use this motel again. It should have been a "sign" for us when we pulled up to our rooms and the windows were open. It took forever to cool the rooms down. We walked out to look at the pool as we were excited for some pool time the next day. There was a padlock on the gate so we couldn't walk into the pool area but viewing the pool from the gate area the water was murky, cloudy and had what looked like dirt on the bottom. We were hoping that it would be clean by the next morning. The pictures on the website of this motel are VERY, VERY deceiving! It no longer has the look of a lodge but a flea market. No air on in the lobby area at all and it reeked with cigarette smell. I later went into the lodge area to get ice and the ice machine wasn't even on. The person (a man) working came out and said, "is there ice in there?" I opened the lid and no ice except for a very small amount in the bottom. The man said he would plug in the machine and I could have ice in about 30 minutes. I didn't need ice in 30 min, I wasn't needing it then. They don't leave the machine plugged in. Then he proceeded to verbally attack me how the pool was clean and that I just thought I was "above" everyone else! All I can say is this, if expecting to swim in a pool that looks clean and wanting to get ice means I am "above" everyone, then, yep, I am. We do not intend to stay at this motel ever again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank ElaineR894
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 21 May 2012

There aren't many places to stay IN Lincoln, MO. We had to be at a 7 a.m. appointment that was to last all day, so we chose the Bunkhouse Inn for its convenience. We opted for the King suite as we needed room to spread out. The room was clean for the most part, and the decor was quaint if you like a Western theme. The AC had a bit of a struggle cooling off the room, but I can't say it was overly warm. For the age of the building and the size of the community, we thought this motel was pretty decent, and we would stay here again if we are in town. Good value!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BojiPat
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lincoln
Parkfield Inn Warsaw
#5 of 6 in Warsaw
Super 7 Motel
Super 7 Motel
#5 of 8 in Sedalia

Been to Bunkhouse Lodge? Share your experiences!