“Nice place to camp” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cedar Camp

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Macks Creek
Cedar Camp
here
“Nice place to camp”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

The owner and her employee Bub were friendly and efficient. We camped, and the sites were nice & shaded with a fire ring and grill. Bathrooms are port-o-potties, but ours was probably the cleanest one I've been in! They had a shower house, but no place to brush teeth or WASH HANDS. That was a downer. Our tent site was a bit rocky, so bring an air mattress or cushion. Did not end up canoeing, because the owner pulled up weather radar before we were to head out, and saw that a storm was coming. This was nice because it would have been a long cold day on the river. Will try another time. There is quite a bit of junk lying around the office area, which makes it look a bit trashy, but hey...it's the OZARKS, you aren't going to get the Ritz for a $30/nt camp fee! Oh yes! We were sure to go on a week night to avoid any big party and it worked great. Only a few other folks there.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Couples
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Sitka, Alaska
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

We were referred to Cedar Camp as a pretty, friendly, quiet place to camp. It was pretty, but friendly and quiet? Not so much. The owner wasn't there when we got there. Two staff members were helpful in getting us into a parking spot, but gave me bad information about wifi and prices. I asked a staff member about wifi, and he assured me we could come down to the office and use it-though it wasn't available in the camp. When I asked the price, he couldn't give me a definite amount. The roads in the campground were steep and washed out from a hard rain, but we managed-I wouldn't try it without 4wd. That evening we were treated to the loud sounds of the party on the river. When the campers came up from the river, they brought with them the smell of the alcohol they'd been drinking. All was quiet by 11 or so. The next day, the other campers had left and my kids had a lovely afternoon on the river. I made sure they came up to the camp before the next loud party started in the evening. I went to the office several times before anyone was in. The owner finally met me and gave me my bill, much more than I'd been led to believe by the staff the day before. She was also extremely surly. Maybe she was having a bad day, but I have no idea how others could have given such a good review. I left the rating at poor because the staff the first day were helpful and the river was pretty.

Room Tip: Don't stay unless you get the price up front. If staff don't know pricing, that's a bad...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Sitkakris
Olathe, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

BEST EVER.been there since 99'''' cannot beat it,,,I and all my friends love the private non commercialized...floats..the people..FAMILY...!!!! IF YOU LIKE TO FISH? CANOE? HIKE..EXPLORE...SHOW YOUR KIDS A CAVE.ARROWHEAD.WILDLIFE.SPRINGS, show them about how people should treat one another...roast marshmellows...build a fire..make a friend...We recommend this Braden & Tim : ) : ) Great people, place experience,,,,,,Miss You John & Karen !!!!

• Stayed January 2013
      Rooms
Huntsville, Missouri, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

We go camping and go on a float trip almost every summer, and we try not to stay at the same place twice to keep it exciting. However, I have 2 children, and we have had a hard time finding a campground that doesn't cater to the 21+ (read: drunk and partying all weekend long) crowd. Cedar camp was wonderful. We sat out by the campfire until 11PM or later all weekend, without having to yell over boomboxes, drunken frat boys, or anything else, which is quite the opposite experience we have had with almost every other campground we've been to in this area. Additionally, the staff was very nice and went out of their way to make everything enjoyable, down to delivering a pancake breakfast to your campsite on Saturday morning. My husband was having a hard time getting our campfire going, and the manager happened to see it and brought us out some cardboard to help. It was a great family weekend. The only down side I would give is that it is quite a ways down a gravel road, but we have a 4x4 truck, so wasn't a big deal for us. Also, it is a little ways from the big rivers for float trips, but I'll take the longer drive to the floating facilities to be able to get some peace and quiet at night!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
1 Thank Tymica W
Chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2011

Cedar Camp, on the Little Niangua River deep in the Missouri Ozarks, is a rustic resort that caters to boaters and rafters, fishermen, and mobile campers. The camp consists mostly of campsites with hookups, a fisherman's cabin, maybe one or two more primitive cabins, and one guest lodging that is there just for the city folk. And that is a permanently parked camper furnished with all the comforts of home: microwave, fridge, stove with cooking utensils, full bath, air-conditioning, queen-size bed, and a comfortable living space.

This is a wonderful place for the city person to just get away for a time, enjoy the quiet of the Ozarks woods, float down the river on your choice of watercraft, and return at the end of the day to the comforts you are used to. Go mid-week if you want to have the campground to yourself. Hear the coyotes at night and awake the following morning to the rooster on a nearby cattle ranch. Stay on a weekend when the camp fills up with campers. Get a group together on a weekend night to go to the fish fry at the Old Town Cafe in the nearest town, Mack's Creek, eight miles away.

Karen, the camp's manager, is a gracious host who will visit just to make sure everything is fine. She cooks up breakfast for you Saturday morning and has free coffee any time on the weekends.

Room Tip: There's just one trailer w/ full amenities, so book early
Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank SonofaRepublic

Been to Cedar Camp? Share your experiences!