“Very nice folks to stay with” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Americas Best Value Inn & Suites

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Macon
missiouri
“Very nice folks to stay with”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2010

Stay like they are with travlers the motel is very clean and the rooms are very nice rooms. The rooms are very roomy.I liked that there is coffee, refrigerators, microwaves in the rooms. It is very comfortable and quiet. i would also like to say the staff is very friendly. I would surely come back to this motel again and again. THANK YOU! I had a Wonderful stay at this motel.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank sassygirl37
neal p, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 11 February 2015
Dear sassygirl37,

Thank for your kind words. We always try to improve our motel, and your kind words told us that we are going the right direction

Thank again for all your kind words.

Neal Patel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Kansas City, MO
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2009

Oh my God...............where do I start?? I booked this lodging on-line. The picture shown is of the restaurant up the hill, not of the Lodge itself. I don;t know what hotel they used for the pictures of the rooms. The room was moldy and musty and smelled sour. There were roaches (both dead and alive) in the bathroom. The carpet was stained and filthy. The couch was filthy. The beds were filthy. We drove up and I immediately got a sense of "oh my God, what have I done??" I only paid for one night (in cash), and we spent less than 5 minutes in our "suite" before leaving. Thankfully, the manager refunded my money while his wife apologized. I just looked at him and his wife and told them to clean for a month before advertising or taking anyone elses money again. Please, if you need a place to stay, have mercy on yourself and your family and go elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
neal p, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 10 February 2015
Dear Guest,

Thanks for the feedback. We are addressing this to the housekeeping.

I hope that you do return and give us another chance to impress you.

Neal Patel

Travellers are raving about these Macon hotels

Thurmont, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2009

This is, by far, the worst lodging I've ever encountered in my entire travels.

We traveled to Missouri for a family reunion and historically this had been the meeting locale for out of town family. Apparently it has changed ownership several times over the years. Currently is family owned and operated, which typically is nice except the current owners reside there and almost seemingly have no respect for the guests. Some of the family were friendly (front desk staff) but the random grandparent had no problem walking around looking into the windows of each room to see who and what is inside.

I booked our room months ago and indicated we were with a group. We were the first to arrive and were told that we would have a room on the second floor. Out of all the rooms on the main level and traveling with a toddler, a second floor room was less than appealing. I was told they were booked on the last night of our stay so I had to have a second floor room, which I accepted.

The stairs to the room were covered in rust, as was the railing the protected you from the ground below. The room itself was small, cramped and was in obvious disrepair, as the ceiling had been damaged recently by water and had shoddily (and minimally) been repaired. The faucet on the bathtub came off in my hand. There was zero room for a bassinet, not that I was looking forward to any member of my family setting up shop.

Through a family connection (i.e. someone had booked an additional room) we were able to be moved to another room that was better (and on the ground floor) but not by much.

In essence, the rooms were clean but everything else was minimal. The bedding was old and loose; the mattresses were coming apart, torn and ripped. The trim around the shower was basic, cheap and there probably because of a law. This family did nothing to improve the status of the hotel, did not go out of their way to make our stay enjoyable or welcoming. It was the basic of the basic. To my extreme surprise, as mentioned at check in, the motel was completely packed on Saturday night; packed with high school and early college age kids and possibly truckers. Lots of drinking, lots of people hanging out on the steps. I saw maybe one other family that wasn't part of ours.

This is located about 2 miles outside of Macon; there are 2 other lodging opportunities in the area - Super 8 and what appears to be a new Comfort inn. Use your money there, avoid this place at all cost.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank MammaB
Dear Guest,

Thank for the feedback. We are fixing all the problems.

I hope that you do return and give us another chance to impress you.

Neal Patel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Macon
Travelier Motel
#3 of 4 in Macon
Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
#1 of 1 in Shelbina

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!