“I can't stop coming back!”
Review of Mansfield Woods

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mansfield
Mansfield Woods
“I can't stop coming back!”
Reviewed 17 June 2011

This is my 5th trip to Mansfield Woods and I enjoy the quiet ability to relax every time I come back. The staff always takes excellent care of us and makes us feel like family. And if you make it for the weekend before the 4th of July the city puts on an amazing fireworks display.

• Stayed June 2011
4 Thank plttraveller

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Scammon, Kansas
Reviewed 1 June 2011

Beautiful, quaint, serene cabins. The pictures do not do this place justice! We arrived as strangers...but left as family :)

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank SpiritualThing56
Pittsburg, KS
Reviewed 31 May 2011

My friend and I needed a weekend for adventure. We came to Mansfield, Mo to see the Laura Ingalls Wilder homestead. We had an absolutely wonderful time. Kate and Barb are awesome hosts. The cottages are so clean, comfortable and decorated beautiful. We couldn't have been happier with the scenery and accomodations. We locked ourselves out of the car at the museum. Kate and Barb came to the rescue. They go above and beyond to make your stay the best. We will return with the entire family.

Room Tip: All cottages are equally comfortable and beautiful
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank MonicaPittsburg_KS
Osceola
Reviewed 28 May 2011

I brought my granddaughter to Mansfield to tour the Laura Ingalls Wilder homes and museum and found Mansfield Woods on the internet. It was a wonderful place to stay. The view was spectacular and the cabins were spotless. It was the cleanest place I have ever stayed. The owners were friendly and very considerate. We only stayed overnight but they went out of their way to make sure that our visit was memorable. They provided maps of the area and recommended other places to visit during our stay. I plan to come back and bring my husband and other two grandchildren for a visit. They would enjoy the fishing and the cave.

• Stayed May 2011
3 Thank NancyFandDanaK
Oil City, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 25 April 2011

Our family stayed in an easy to find, very neat and clean cabin overlooking a nice pond with a beautiful background of tree's. My 9 yr. old daughter caught many fish Very easily, and she LOVED her whole experience there. We were handy to many activities, yet secluded, being set in off the road. The people in Mansfield area are very friendly, and everyone waves at you whether they know you or not. The Hostesses, Barb & Kate were more than accomodating. The cave was really neat, the whole place was a lovely experience. We didn't want to leave.

Room Tip: Cabins 3,4 & 5 have easier access.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Missma18
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 24 April 2011

I stayed at Mansfield Woods with my seven-year-old. We came to the area to see the Laura Ingalls Wilder Museum (which is less than half a mile away from the cottages), but the Mansfield Woods part of the experience was an unexpected bonus. My daughter loved the cave and the creek especially. The cottages themselves are slightly older looking but are very clean and well maintained. The owners were very helpful with suggestions for food and activities and very safety conscious, particularly in regards to the cave (if you plan on going in, bring a couple of lights per person!) and the pond. If we're ever back in the area, we'll definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank RachelSFD
Anna Maria Island, Florida
Reviewed 25 March 2011

Clean enough - nice Dollar Store decor. Extremely poor sign at the road, and very expensive for what you get. A lot of trash all over the grounds from rusty metal to broken glass - I would NOT allow your child out of your site if you stay at either the cabins or the campground!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Homesteader2233
mwllc, Owner at Mansfield Woods, responded to this review, 20 April 2011
So sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us. I have looked thru our registration forms and don't see anyone from FL and as of the date 3/25/11 we had no families with children visit so far this year. We always recommend that children are watched carefully because of the fishing pond. If you found rusty metal or broken glass on the grounds we would like to know where that is so it can be cleaned up. With the woods and trails on our acreage sometimes we miss something. For your future reference we are not affiliated with the campground adjacent to us, in the event that is where you stayed.
As for our decor, dollar stores don't carry satin jacquard or custom quilts, but if you find one that does please let us know!
In the future, if you are dissatisfied with your accomodations perhaps you could let management know and they would be happy to refund your money.
We strive to make our guest's visit enjoyable and as you can tell from the rest of our reviews we seem to be pretty good at it.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mansfield
Americas Best Value Inn Seymour
The Foxtrot Inn
The Foxtrot Inn
#2 of 3 in Ava
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites

Been to Mansfield Woods? Share your experiences!