“A hit and a miss -- bottom line: they need more wait staff”
Review of Jumping Jupiter - CLOSED

Jumping Jupiter
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 4 March 2013

My partner and I have been to the Jumpin' Jupiter twice -- once for a special Valentine's Day dinner and another time for a regular Saturday night dinner show. The V-Day experience was positive--it was a prix fixe menu included in the ticket price and everyone was served at about the same time. The food was good, though some of the side items were lukewarm by the time they came out. We each ordered a couple of their 'signature' cocktails and enjoyed those as well. The show was great-- most of the performers are well known veterans in the local burlesque circuit, and they are truly artists. The stage and ambiance at Jumpin' Jupiter is far nicer than most of the places I've seen these ladies perform, so at least they do a good job focusing on what is and should be the main attraction of the place.
Our second visit was pretty much a disaster. We had made reservations, as had many others -- it looked to be a pretty full house. However, there only seemed to be one poor server running around trying to take everyone's orders. They didn't even have enough menus for everyone. After waiting half an hour and still not having our drink order taken (or even getting a menu to see what cocktails and meals were available), and since the show hadn't started yet, we decided to just leave and get dinner somewhere else. We sacrificed the cost of our tickets, but it was clear that we were unlikely to enjoy a meal in the near future. The frustrating thing is that there were several male staff hanging out behind or near the bar, just standing around. If they had helped take orders, we probably would've stuck around and spent more money.

Reviewed 12 January 2013

If you are someone who gets out a lot, and are just looking for something new and different to do then this may be for you. Otherwise, it is definitely not babysitter worthy. The show we went to was not a dinner show, so I cannot say much for the food. I did see the selection offered and it was somewhat comparable to a sports bar. The first drink I ordered came to me in a clear "Dixie" style cup. This might not have bothered me so much except that as I looked around the room everyone else had glass. My second drink came in a champagne glass that looked like it had been touched by every person in the room. When we first arrived I headed right in to use the restroom, which turned out was out of soap. I alerted someone, and later when I returned I discovered that they had solved this problem by placing a half gallon bottle of hand soap on the counter turned upside down so that the soap would be at the opening.

As far as the show went, the quality could be compared to an unrehearsed elementary school talent show. We left early to try to salvage some portion of our night out.

Reviewed 1 January 2013

We had a great time last weekend, I have no Idea why these people had so many issues as our was great. I do think a lot of people don't understand a dinner theater is different than a normal restaurant. It is sad the only people who comment on a really unique place in STL, there is nothing else like it in St. Louis. It is like an old speak easy or a burlesque club only with very very light classy burlesque, mostly dancing singing and arial stuff. The women were pretty and the guy on stage made me want to leave my husband for a night. Kiddling

Reviewed 20 December 2012

Dinner was supposed to be served at 6:00, but it was closer to 7:30. Our food was warm at best. Portions were on the small side but okay on taste. Drink service was very slow...and they even ran out of wine glasses.

The show was okay...not as racy as I recall from a previous visit.

This was our second visit to Jumping Jupiter. The first time we were impressed, this time...not so much. Not sure what has happened...but I hope they get it figured out. We might try this place again to see if they recover.

Reviewed 18 November 2012

We pre ordered our food online to receive discounted ticket prices which say to be there at 6pm. The show did not start until 745, it too us 30 to get our drinks and those were wrong. The waitress constantly made excuses for the waits . Apparently the staff was getting ready for the show. What about the 7 patrons thinking the show was supposed to start and wanted service? When our food arrived it was clearly frozen Tilapia (very fishy and terrible), the rice was boxed ( indelible salty and not what was advertised on the menu, supposed to be potato side) and the vegetable were again microwaved! The only salvage was the cold dollar roll. They did no even have salt or pepper shakers. The server offered up rolls and popcorn in compensation after offering garlic bread. which she found that they did not have. The bill came and we were still charged for our meals. A man came out to speak tu us giving the excuse that they have no chef and are outsourcing food. This place has terrible customer service, food and the show is laughable at best. I will warn anyone to NEVER WASTE YOUR MONEY HERE! Decor is nice....maybe peek your head in to look. AWFUL.