“highly recommended”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Century City
Cape Town
“highly recommended”
Reviewed 19 October 2011

From the time I made the reservation to the time I received the 'thank you for choosing us' email after I had left, I experienced nothing but the utmost professionalism, friendliness and efficiency. The suit was fabulous and the view of Table Mountain through the expansive glass windows was magnificent. I ordered room service and there was a good selection of tasty food and beverages to choose from that arrived in record time. With Century City a mere stroll away, there was every convenience one could wish for in close proximity. Will certainly be back to explore the restaurant and the on site spa treatments. I can certainly recommend that you give this hotel a try.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Glenda J
ProteaHotelColosseum, General Manager at Colosseum Luxury Hotel, responded to this review, 25 October 2011
Dear Glenda J

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on tripadvisor.

We truly value your support and your feedback.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to the Protea Hotel Colosseum in the near future.

Stuart Twine
Protea Hotel Colosseum

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Arabic first
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 26 September 2011

If you are looking for a hotel with a good price and excellent service with an access to a shopping center then this is it. The waterfront is only 10min drive. parking is free. The things i only didn't like is the breakfast as it is very limited and everyday was the same.

Room Tip: Executive rooms
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Namakkal, India
Reviewed 18 September 2011

The room was just great will lovely Glass windows where you can see the grandeur of the mall. Just stayed for a day and loved the hotel. They were so nice to pack me breakfast for an early morning flight back to Joburg. I will definitely stay in this hotel when I visit Cape Town next. Dont miss!!!!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Nataraj T
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 23 August 2011

Very clean, modern feel to this hotel. Interior done in a lounge/club style. Friendly staff and good location. Stayed in a family-room. Spacious and sleek. View was towards the mall, but the rooms facing Table Mountain have a great view. Breakfast was good in a lovely designed restaurant. Would recommend this hotel to business travellers, a young group of friends or modern couples. Very nice stay.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank carelbotha
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 15 July 2011

Difficult to add anything - from the time I drive into the parking garage - where I am met by a friendly porter, who carries my luggage for me, to the sherry/juice offered, friendly smiling faces - spotless room.
I suggest you request a non smoking room - if that's what you want - with a view of Table mountain.
There is nothing like relaxing in the awesome oval bath - overlooking the mountain - just recharges your energy - but is also mosty relaxing.
Breakfasts are excellent, fresh and with a great variety of healthy foods avaiable.

I have got quite acquainted with 'my goldfish' - who I believe misses me when I'm not there. (My personal letter tells me so) I really like this personal touch, when I'm so far from home, on my own.
Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Ask for what you want - e.g. room with a view of Table mountain
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 27 May 2011

I stay in many hotels around the world, including around South Africa. You would not find a nore welcoming experience than staying here. All the staff from the front desk through restaurant to chamber maids, were the most helpful, friendly team I have come across. I had a suite on the 5th floor which gave me views that were absolutely awesome. You want for absolutely nothing in this room, a home from home, just a far superior bed and bedding! I am yet to ask where they get their pillows from - I've just got to have at least one for home. To all the staff, this includes the breakfast grill lady :-) Thank You - I was so travel weary by the time I got to your hotel, I'd had enough - but you all made the difference - I am truly pleased I booked with your hotel. I wish I'd had enough time for a massage too.

Room Tip: 4th & 5th Floor - The Best!
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Cape Town
Reviewed 27 May 2011

The Protea Colosseum is one of the best hotels I have stayed in. For many reasons - the hotel is clean, neat, modern, spacious etc. The rooms are so nicely done up gorgeous decor. The service is excellent too. Front desk staff super friendly.

Such a great hotel, I am super impressed with it.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
Century City Hotel
Century City Hotel
#3 of 4 in Century City
Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, Cape Town
Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, C...
#30 of 109 in Cape Town Central
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,678 reviews

Been to Colosseum Luxury Hotel? Share your experiences!