“Great facilities & friendly service”

Colosseum Luxury Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Century City
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Great facilities & friendly service”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

The room exceeded my expectations, and the service was excellent. The room is the best one I've had the pleasure of staying at thus far (and I've stayed at the Waldorf Astoria NYC before).
Beyond the quality of the executive suite, a major feature was the high speed internet. It wasn't the fastest that I have used at a hotel, but it was excellent and at least 10 times faster than the Waldorf Astoria NY hotel's internet (I still find it shocking how bandwidth speed is neglected by most hotels around the world).

All in all, the Colosseum is the best hotel in town for me, and I will definitely be recommending it to those in my network.

Room Tip: Considering the quality of the room & service, I was pleased with the value for money. Would'...
1 Thank Lmarishane
ColosseumLuxuryHotel, General Manager at Colosseum Luxury Hotel, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
Dear Lmarishane

Our industry leaders say “a GUEST will see more in an hour, than the host in a year”…
Wow, we are extremely humbled by your feedback!
We would like to thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience when staying with us at the Colosseum Luxury Hotel.
Your feedback is the one true yardstick by which we can measure our facilities and services.
Thank you for your compliment on our hotel taem and our product, we are truly lucky to have such stars working alongside us.
One thing we can guarantee on your next reservation is a smile on check-in :-)
Please feel free to book directly with me for your next stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Stuart

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Arabic first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I was in Cape Town on business, having travel from the U.S. to South Aftica for the first time. A business associate had recommended the Colosseum, and now I know why. The rooms have all the big three, comfortable bed, great shower and free Wifi. But even more, they are lovely with modern yet comfortable furnishing.
The best thing about the hotel is the amazing staff. Everyone was exceptional. When I asked to be moved to a Non-Smoking room, they had someone at my door in 10 minutes and had me comfortably rearranged in the matter of minutes. The staff at Cin Cin made the evenings relaxing and the food was terrific. I used the car service in the mornings to get to the office. The driver was knowledgable and professional. There was never a delay.
The hotel is located in Century City, a great shopping local, close to resteraunts and of course, the addicting Canal Walk shopping center. I recommend this for anyone looking for a hassle free, comfortable stay.

Room Tip: If you want a view of TableTop, you should make sure to ask for it.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Deb0rahCh
ColosseumLuxuryHotel, General Manager at Colosseum Luxury Hotel, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Dear Deborah

Wow, we are extremely humbled by your feedback!
We would like to thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us.
Thank you for your compliment on our hotel team and our product, we are truly lucky to have such stars working alongside us.
One thing we can guarantee on your next reservation is a smile on check-in :-)

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Kigali
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Was amazed how the hotel staff treats guests from drivers, the reception to the room, warm welcome, not fake smiles but rather committment to please guests.

Clean, welcoming and confortable rooms and quick in room service you would think the kitchen or bar is next door. Small but quite enough restaurant with caring staff.

I can't wait to go back, i feel like i left a family in Cape Town.

Room Tip: One overlooking table mountain, at night its really beautiful
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Olivierjo

Wow, we are extremely humbled by your feedback!
We would like to thank you for taking the time tell us about your experience and service that you received, while staying with us at the Colosseum Luxury Hotel.

Hope to see you back soon.

Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 19 September 2013

the hotel wasn't as grand as i expected it...but i think thats just my personal taste....what i was thoroughly impressed was with their service...on booking i asked for something romantic on arrival and i was welcomed with banners and rose petals and drinks,it was really wonderfull!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Yousuf2510
Dear Yousuf

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience while staying at the Colosseum Luxury Hotel. We are delighted that we were able to make your stay a memorable one and we appreciate your comments on our service and our team.
We truly value your support and hope to see you back again soon.

Johannesburg
Reviewed 16 September 2013

central and comfortable - they treat me like an old friend, from my own gold fish named Slade who always visits, with great welcoming letters and little bits of advice. Close to the gym, and great placed to eat

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank AndrewM2m
ColosseumLuxuryHotel, Manager at Colosseum Luxury Hotel, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Dear Andrew
Thank you so much for the positive feedback, we are happy to be your "home away from home." We value your support and look forward to welcoming you back soon "old friend".
RSA
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Stayed 1 night in August. Was a bit concerned about the construction taking place across the way, but you can see that it's not going any higher and that means that all the rooms still have a lovely view of Table Mountain. The guest rooms are all on the 4th and 5th floors (I think conference rooms on floors below that). We stayed in room 414 and although I was concerned that it was close to the elevators, I never heard them, however the elevator part of the building seems to jut out a bit and that does block your view toward the ocean (Table Bay). Nice balcony the length of the bedroom and lounge, so not a problem really.
The room (executive suite) was very spacious and modern with bathtub part of the room, the shower and toilet are behind heavy tinted glass which only allows shadows to be seen when using at night with the light on inside - just a bit of a warning in case you are sharing with someone who is not your partner. I had read other reviews before going, so just to say that now they do have full length mirrors inside one of the cupboard doors. Figuring out which light is which switch takes some doing, and never figured out how to switch off the little light behind the toilet at night. The bed was huge with a TV at your feet, plus TV in the lounge area. The lounge area also had a kitchenette with fridge and microwave and kettle with usual tea/coffee/milk, plates, cups, glasses all there. And downstairs is a Woolworths Food market, so that was very handy. Obviously Canal Walk shopping centre is right there too just a little walk away. Ratanga Junction open in the school holidays for those of you who are kids at heart.
Staff all very friendly. Just a pity we had to leave in a hurry and left a shirt in the cupboard which I reported the next day but they never got back to me. I would recommend this hotel again. Good location, quick and easy to get around from here if you have your own/hire car, but can also walk around to shops, gym & amusement park.

Room Tip: Ask for one facing Table Mountain and closer to the Ratanga side (if you don't mind walking up t...
1 Thank Ice1T
ColosseumLuxuryHotel, Manager at Colosseum Luxury Hotel, responded to this review, 8 September 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your positive and complimentary feedback on our product and service and your overall stay with us at the Colosseum Luxury Hotel.

We apologise that you have not received any feedback regarding your shirt that was left behind in the room. It was handed into our lost and found property department. Kindly advise if you are able to arrange collection or if we may arrange for it to be delivered to your postal or physical address. You may email me to make the necessary arrangements to mich@singergroup.co.za

We hope to welcome you back again soon so you can once again experience our true hospitality. We truly value your support.

Kind regards,
Colosseum Luxury Hotel Team
Cape Town
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Dear Mr Stuart,

You might agree with me when saying that patrons are often inclined to be rather quick to complain when service is poor, however fail to acknowledge when it is good.

It is for this reason that I wish to advise that I was most impressed by the pleasant and attentive disposition of your waitress, Audrey when recently dining at your exquisite establishment. It is seldom that one encounters individuals whose passion for their product is so eloquently displayed and reminiscent in their dealings with the patron. I subsequently feel honoured to publicly commend Audrey for outstanding service and faultless professional behaviour. Excellent service in the hospitality industry is truly a reflection of adequate and effective thought-leadership by management.

Herewith reiteration of my sincere appreciation for outstanding service and my commitment to influence family, colleagues and friends to consider your hotel as a first and superior choice.

Regards,

DoubleTree by Hilton Cape Town - Upper Eastside
The Bay Hotel
The Bay Hotel
#7 of 12 in Camps Bay

Been to Colosseum Luxury Hotel? Share your experiences!