“Very nice suites, quiet, safe area, short drive to CT”

Manhattan Suites & Conferencing
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I had a very enjoyable stay here, in fact I could have moved in. A great little modern apartment with all you need. YOu can breakfast in the morning on weekdays and Saturdays, you have all the relevant apartment appliances, microwave, oven, toaster, washer/dryer etc etc. All very well layed out, nice sliding windows that open in the livingroom giving you some outdoors indoors. NIce big flat screen with cable/sat tv. Multiple bathrooms and two bedrooms with TV's. The location is great as long as you have a car (its ZA so you will more than likely), you can walk along the canal to a pretty huge shopping mall, its about 5 minutes from the suites. The mall has everything you want. Great prices too as its away from CT centre. If you are arriving and fancy a drink, so perhaps a bottle of wine/beer, make sure you get there early as the rules are different to Europe and they tend to stop selling a lot earlier. I was dissapointed I couldnt enjoy a glass or two in my nice apartment on arrival. All facilties are nice, no pool though. Other than that, staff are friendly, would recommend. If you are sporty you can go for a nice run in the dirrect surrounding area. Would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Manhattan Suites & Conferencing

Reviewed 1 February 2012

I booked myself for 4 nights and ended up extending my stay for 7 nights.
As a self-catering unit, the room was excellent. Well-designed, large balcony, high-end LG washing machine and dryer. Large fridge, modern bathroom.
The bed was very comfortable. A pleasure sleeping in it. there was no noise at all for the all seven nights I spent there.
Housekeeping was effective, fast and discreet.
It is great value for money. Practically like staying at home. Secured parking. Security in the lobby area. Access cards to get from the outside to the underground parking area and from the underground parking into the building. Reception was friendly, helpful and offered great service.
The location was excellent. Away from downtown Cape Town and yet not far away from downtown, the beach or other attreactions. The area is upmarket and beautiful. Within walking distance to the Canal Walk - the biggest mall in Cape Town and Virgin Active - a large modern gym.

i enjoyed my stay at Manhattan Suites and realy liked the fact that I had more freedom to store my favourite food in the fridge and do my laundry when I wanted to at only the cost of washing powder..
Their wi-fi connection was reasonably priced and high speed.

I would strongly consider coming back to Mahattan Suites if I ever come back to Cape Town and I will recommend it to my family and friends.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 January 2012

I was really torn between 4 and 5 stars with the Manhattan Suites. The hotel itself is very nice with great amenities. The only issue that we really had with it was really our own fault, and that was that it is really not that close to downtown Cape Town. It is in a safe area and with the mall, there are plenty to eat. We just thought it was closer to Cape Town. They were very eager to help set up transportation for us to downtown.

With that said, we would probably stay here again if we didn't care about being close to the waterfront because the price was great and the rooms were very nice. The included breakfast was very good as well.

Room Tip: High floors are better
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2011

From the moment I arrived, Walda and her team were there to ensure my comfort. I stayed three nights while my husband was in surgery at a local hospital. Since I was from out of town and did not always aim myself correctly in the right direction, I called the hotel for assistance with direction and they always were helpful. The suite was exceptional clean and the beds super comfortable. My breakfasts at Jacqui O's were always spot on, the best poached eggs ever. It is difficult sometimes when you stay alone in a hotel but I always felt safe and comfortable at the Manhattan Suites and would recommend this establishment to all travelers. Thank you to all of you!

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 28 September 2011

Arriving from Europe in Cape Town, South Africa after a long flight, all you want is space, a good bed and to wash yourself as well as your laundry and having SAFE parking for your rented car. This is exactly what we found at the Manhatten Suites in Century City. This lovely modern apartment situated in a hotel complex, was like a new home in Cape Town for us. It has 24 hour security and one can walk easily down to the Canal Walk Shopping Centre without even using your car.

The apartment is fully equipped with a stove, microwave, electric kettle, washing machine/dryer, iron, hairdryer, safe, coffee, tea, etc - all you need to do is sit back and relax and the bed was the best one during our stay of 24 days! Daily cleaning is part of the service. Such a pitty we had the flat for only 3 nights. Next time I will book more nights.

Room Tip: Try and find a room higher up the hotel overlooking Table Mountain and the sea (spectacular views at...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2010

I stayed at the Manhattan Suites in February for six weeks. I travelled with my daughter and we encountered nothing but problems with Platunium Places who are the managing agents of Manhattan Suites. Be prepared to have your safe broken into and personal possessions being stolen. Also the staff at Manhattan Suite clone your debit/credit card. The cleaners leave very little to be desired washing floors with dirty water that had been used for all the apartments and also washing down birds mess on the balconies. If storing any food in the fridge the cleaners switch off the fridge to clean and forget to switch it on again
When asked to speak with the directors of Platinuim Places you are met with rudeness and accused of being liars. The taxi service the hotel uses rip you off big time. Charging hundreds of rands for very little mileage. The staff all pretend to be your friend, but at the end of the day they are just taking you for a mug.
I would still recommend Cape Town as it is a beautiful place but if anyone is staying there just be prepared !!!!

• Stayed: February 2010
Reviewed 21 January 2010

We needed a 2 bedroom 6 sleeper self-catering accommodation in Cape Town during the week of 20th to 27th December 2009 and where lucky to secure a very new unit 1201 at Manhattan Suites.Execellent newly modern furnished apartment with all self-catering appliances,etc. and excellent views of Table Mountain. Every bedroom, the lounge and dining room are airconditioned. Did not need to engage service at the apartment.
Located on doorstep (10 minute secure walk) of Canal Walk Shopping Mall and near Ratanga Junction and very central for driving to all major attractions in Cape Town.
No dislikes about the apartment - we had an excellent stay for a week.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
Century City Hotel
Century City Hotel
#3 of 4 in Century City
Majorca Self-Catering Apartments

Been to Manhattan Suites & Conferencing? Share your experiences!