Cape Town Marriott Hotel Crystal Towers
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Century City Hotel(Century City)(Great Value!)
US$173
US$161
  • Restaurant
Colosseum Luxury Hotel(Century City)(Great Value!)
US$167
US$163
Travelocity
Island Club Hotel & Apartments(Century City)(Great Value!)
US$144
  • Restaurant
Bliss Boutique Hotel(Bloubergstrand)
US$103
Agoda.com
Protea Hotel Cape Town Mowbray(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$115
Protea Hotels
All reviewscrystal towerstable mountaincape townvalet parkingafrican pridemood lightingsushifree shuttlemodern luxurypurple lightingcanal walkbreakfast buffetknife restaurantstar servicean amazing experienceexcellent hotelconference facilities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 February 2014

the start of my stay at crystal towers was terrible to say the least but got better afterwards..
heres a short description..

I mailed a week prior to my stay to request a early check in and also called a day before to do the same but when I arrived at the hotel the room was not ready.. speaking the the guy at reception (who was not at all helpful) he said that the person in the room is a procard member and can check out later the the normal check out times (I am a procard member as well so cant I get early check in?).. none the less he said I should be able to check in by 2pm or 3pm (normal check in is at 2pm so why later than that?) I had to leave my family at the hotel in the reception area at 12 to go to mosque as it was Friday (the reason I requested the early check in).. when I left I spoke to another lady who said that my room will be ready at 2 .. when I arrived back at about 2.30pm still nothing!!! apparently they had a guest who refused to leave the room (and they made their problem my problem) as I was suppose to check in by 2.. by now I was really upset and took a refund and left the hotel and decided to seek alternate accommodation.. just before leaving I called the GM Garry Coetser (who was not in at the time) and told him about the issues pathetic service from the hotel (except for one lady Momay who was really nice to us) .. within a few minutes he called me back to apologise and requested that I come back but I was on the highway out already.. a while later he called again and asked me to come back again as he had sorted out the problem with the room and had it all cleaned and ready for us to move in.. from there on everything changed.. the service seemed much better than previously and I really enjoyed the stay.. the room I booked was a suite and that was superb..
I must say that Gary really assisted and went the extra mile to make our stay even better.. small things like putting sweets and chocolates and juices in the room for the kids made a world of difference as after an exhausting day for them it just brought out the smiles.. huge thanks to Gary for all of his help .. had it not been for him I would not have gone back to the hotel ever again.. Gary in my rating gets 5 stars for service but not the hotel in this review for obvious reasons

Room Tip: suite is great.. other rooms are quite small
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
CrystalTowers, Guest Relations Manager at Cape Town Marriott Hotel Crystal Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Dear Mohammed N
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor. Your comments after your recent stay at African Pride Crystal Towers Hotel & Spa is highly valued and will be used constructively to maintain and improve, where necessary, our standards of service and facilities.
Once again please accept my most sincere apologies for the discomfort and inconvenience you experienced on arrival at the hotel. I thank you from the depth of my heart for affording my TEAM and I the opportunity to rectify and address the shortcomings.
Your commendations of Mornay in particular are highly valued, and I wish to assure you that we have shared your comments with her!
Your interest and concern are much appreciated, and we hope to have the privilege of welcoming you and the family to African Pride Crystal Towers Hotel & Spa again in the near future.
Please do not hesitate to contact me personally for any further assistance you may require in future.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

As it happens, when you travel for business, you go wherever you are booked. The hotel is nice, clean, charming, situated in the Century city where you can find a lot of shopping and mall(s), a casino and who knows what else.
The rooms are really nice and stylish, clean. Service is generally nice, somewhat slow, but concierge/travel support could be improved as well as the offered transfer to the city center/Water front as I paid between 130 and 180 which is quite a difference. In addition, it appeared that the fitness center is in fact across the street not in the building itself.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear LoraTravelling
Thank you for taking the time to write down your feedback after your recent stay with us. Our location next to Canal Walk shopping centre is convenient and only the second largest shopping centre in the Southern Hemisphere. One is sure to be pleased on the variety of shopping; retail; entertainment; etc. that the shopping Centre has offer. However, if one can’t find what they are looking for there, they can take the complimentary scheduled shuttle to the V&A Waterfront and City Centre for much continued shopping.
Your comments are therefore much appreciated, and we hope to have the privilege of welcoming you to African Pride Crystal Towers Hotel & Spa again soon.
Jenine Booysen
GUEST Relations Manager

Reviewed 7 February 2014

Great service
food excellent
hotel generally the best you can get
The conference facilities and the service you get during the meetings are just too good to be true simply brilliant.
This Hotel is ideally situated and is very central for Cape Town.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Ganks1

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive feedback. It’s an absolute pleasure to share your comments on to the entire TEAM. We look forward to welcoming you back to African Pride Crystal Towers Hotel & Spa in the near future.

Jenine Booysen
GUEST Relations Manager

Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

Hotel is lovely but how honestly don't think is go back. I live in cape town & just needed a break away. The hotel entrance etc was lovely. I found the decor in the rooms a bit distracting. Especially the pink and purple lighting. Trying too hard to be modern/ edgy. This may appeal to some. Breakfast was great. The spa was good and it's well situated to canal walk shipping centre. The only thing I didn't like was the decor other than that lovely place.

• Stayed: March 2013
CrystalTowers, Guest Relations Manager at Cape Town Marriott Hotel Crystal Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Dear FerialO

We rely on GUEST feedback to determine both the positive and negative aspects of our hotel and to improve wherever possible.

We therefore wish to thank you for taking the time to post a review.

Should you require any assistance from our side in future, please do not hesitate to contact me personally.

Best regards

Reviewed 18 January 2014

Perfect destination to spoil someone and yourself. High tech hotel with attention to detail. Excellent Prokard discounts and walking over bridge to endless shopping and a shuttle to waterfront. Valet parking is great and the wifi perfect. Lots of options i.t.o restaurants. On site there are 3 good restaurants

Room Tip: Most rooms have a view of Table Mountain. Ask for a high floor
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jannie S

Dear Jannie

It’s an absolute pleasure to read your review and please be assured I will share this with the TEAM.

We are happy you had the opportunity to “live the Crystal Life”.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best regards