Recently stayed at the hotel July 11th, checking out of the 12th. The hotel itself was ok. There isn't a rating between poor and average but that's the proper rate for this property. The grounds were clean as well as the lobby. The rooms weren't bad however, despite having a non-smoking room, our's smelled like an ash tray (room 202). Our first experience with the rude staff was right after we checked in and proceeded to the elevators. It was a busy time and multiple people were waiting to get on. As the elevator door opened, a few people stepped on while our group of six discussed who would go up separate, we obviously knew we couldn't all fit. All of a sudden, we hear a loud voice barking at us that there is a maximum of 8 persons in the elevator at a time. What looked to be maintenance or some sort of hotel employee came running over and repeating at least 5 times about the occupancy maximum then jumped in front us and got on the elevator. Later on that evening, another party in our group called and requested a roll-away bed. When the hotel employee arrived to drop the bed off, he acted as if he was completely put out and irritated at our request. At that point, we realized we needed another to which he then slapped his hands to his side and in an extremely irritated tone, say "Well, you should have said that to begin with!" and stormed off. When he dropped off the second bed, which had blood on it (picture provided),he told us we needed to quiet down even though we were not being loud whatsoever.
It's extremely irritating to feel so unwelcome and treated so rude and disrespectfully despite actually paying for it. If it wasn't for the hotel being so close to the Verizon Amphitheater and providing the convenience of being able to walk back and forth, I would probably never return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Riverport is conveniently located near the intersection of I-70 & I270. We are next to Dave & Buster's, Harrah's Casino, Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre, and all of the businesses in the Maryland Heights/Earth City area. Free 24 hour shuttle to and from the airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Odigeo and IHG so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Riverport St. Louis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Riverport St. Louis Hotel Maryland Heights
- Holiday Inn Saint Louis
- Saint Louis Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Riverport St. Louis Saint Louis/Maryland Heights, MO