“Great venue”

Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

My only complaint about this concert venue is all the steps up to the lawn area. Lots of climbing to use bathrooms and get a drink. Lines were very long but it was a sold out show. We used Lyft for transportation, so can't review parking. $12 tallboy beers on domestic, but that's average on concert venues.

All reviews
in 2 reviews
"great summer"
"expensive beer"

Reviewed 9 August 2017

What a show! Tickets were kinda pricey, but we had great seats. We came to the casino on advice from a few Uber drivers who said to take their shuttle in and out and save time from being trapped at the end, as exit is sort of a bottleneck. Didn't want to sit for hours trying to leave... Had drinks and dinner at the Final Cut, which was fine. The french onion soup was good but should be served at the bowl level and not a third of the way down (Yes, I used to work in a french restaurant AND I want to get my money's worth too).

1  Thank capposcasa
Reviewed 7 August 2017

They have great artist here but that is where the good stops. The parking is insanely tight spaces and it takes a long time to enter the venue and if you don't leave early you will be there all night. Concessions are insane..... $7 for a water,12-15 for a beer. Security in our line getting in was not exactly friendly .

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

I've attended concerts at this venue for ten years . It is a great outdoor complex to watch some really fantastic artists perform. However, there is much to be desired with the "amenities" of the facility. Accessibility and efficiency are lacking throughout. It has been bad since I attended 10 years ago and it hasn't gotten any better. There are few main, poorly accessed, restroom facilities though there is plenty of room for additional areas. There is only one main entrance. The traffic out off the facility is horrendous. 1 hr plus to get onto the main roads even if you leave prior to the encore. The big screens have been the same small, low quality screens since I started going there. The only reason status quo is still working for them is that there is no other larger outdoor venue around and also the quality of the artists that they still attract. Eventually this will catch up to them once people are tired of paying lots of money for the entry and concessions. Hopefully sooner rather than later. I know I am. The great artists are not worth the hassle, trials, and stress of the overall experience.

1  Thank OGM_7
See more reviews
Reviewed 2 August 2017

here to begin? I've come to a lot of concerts here before, but I'm done getting fleeced. I would say this venue is the biggest, smelliest pile of garbage in Maryland Heights, but it is quite literally next door to an actual mountainous landfill. It still gives the trash heap a run for it's money. I can't begin to describe the smell during concerts on hot summer days. Aside from the atrocious odor, there's plenty more about this venue to complain about.

1.) The staff is clueless. I tried to register as a designated driver so I didn't have to pay $4.75 for a soda. The procedure is clearly stated on the website and no one had any clue as to what I was talking about. Once I got to the concession stand, it took the cashier 10 minutes to get the two people ahead of me rung up for a hot dog, pop corn, and two sodas. She was having trouble figuring out the register. Their computer system actually has pictures of what they are ringing up. They don't even require their staff to actually read. How she screwed up ringing in orders is beyond me.

2.) Concessions are insanely overpriced. A Bud Light is $12.00. It's $8.75 at Busch Stadium, which is still wildly overpriced and yet Hollywood Casino Amphitheater blows it out of the water by 27%. I found myself yearning for the value I was getting in a warm, $9 ballpark beer! A large soda is $8, but I suppose you could opt for a small soda...and I mean REALLY small...for $4.75. At one point during a particularly hot concert, I asked for a cup of ice in a courtesy cup so I could fill it at a drinking fountain. THEY TRIED TO CHARGE ME $4.75 FOR ICE!!!

3.) Parking is a ****ing nightmare. I won't even really try to explain what a cluster**** it is trying to get out of a concert.

4.) No tailgating (which we all do anyway).

5.) Mosquitoes: The venue is right on the swampy banks of the Missouri River. Bathe in bug spray if you plan on seeing a show here.

I'm not sure who all remembers the story regarding the pigeons that made doodie on Kings of Leon during their concert here, but that's really a perfect metaphor of how Hollywood Casino Amphitheater treats their patrons. I'll opt for concerts at any other venue in St. Louis that isn't this one in the future.