Sheraton Westport Plaza Hotel St. Louis
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Maryland Heights
Carbondale, Illinois
“old”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I was looking forward to my birthday trip to stl. We stayed here with high hopes. When we pulled up I was worried at how old and dingy the outside was. The entrance had holes in the ceiling and reminded me of walking into an old hospital. The lobby was newly remodeled. The staff was very friendly and even offered a free fridge for the room to be brought up. Plenty of parking. The room was average size. Needs updates. The window had moisture stains between the panes, the hall ways were outdated, you could hear and feel a draft from bad sills on the windows, the bathroom walls needed washed down really bad, and they need to dust better. the table tops were clean but there was very visible dust between the glass top and the table itself. I was disappointed in the pool area, the pool was clean but the concrete around it was dirty. There is NO hot tub. As far as the location... it seems more of an industrial area. you have to travel for non fast food. Not a good area if you want to site see. Best thing was the comfy beds and pillows.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ashly A
Adam G, Manager at Sheraton Westport Plaza Hotel St. Louis, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Dear Ashley A,

I would like to apologize to you about the issues you had here at the Sheraton Plaza I would like you to know that Westport is getting some new bars and restaurants.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the staff at the hotel.

Again I would like to thank you for your business we appricate you staying here and hope to see you again when Westport gets its new bars and restaurants.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Osage Beach, Missouri
Reviewed 21 January 2014

John and his crew at the conference center took top notch care of us all week. The rooms where clean and quiet with easy access to all the other great things offered at Westport. I would stay again without a doubt.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 21 January 2014

The hotel was your basic business class hotel. The staff was not that friendly - which is always a disappointment. They all seemed depressed. The rooms were clean and the bathroom was spacious. I stayed during the week and everything was very quiet.
We had meetings which were great. The rooms were huge and the food was delicious. The hospitality from the staff working our meetings was a complete opposite from the rest of the staff around the hotel. They were friendly and went above and beyond to make sure all our requests were met. They were quick to adapt to last minute changes on the meeting times and menu options. Highly satisfied with the meeting arrangements.
We also took advantage of the Japanese Grill upstairs and the Comedy Club for entertainment for the group one of the nights. It was great having everything so close together - especially since it was freezing outside. We never had to leave the building. Plus, for my co-workers that drink, no one had to worry about driving anywhere.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Sainte Genevieve, Missouri
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I took a group of emerging leaders within my company for a week-long retreat/training at the Sheraton Westport. We were taken very good care of the entire week. The food was excellent. The rooms are updated and kept clean. It's a great location for entertainment in the evenings as well. The staff of the conference center became involved with our group throughout the week and "woke us up" in the mornings and kept our spirits alive throughout the day. Had a great time with these guys - Mr. John Gholston is the man! We will be back and I highly recommend this facility. Could use a hot tub would be my only suggestion toward improvement.

Room Tip: Connecting suite is a nice gathering point for a group.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Illinois
Reviewed 15 January 2014

This hotel never disappoints me! My friend and I had a lovely room with comfy beds for a great price. Some of the nice perks offered by the hotel: free airport shuttle service; free garage parking with access to the hotel lobby; lobby restaurant for breakfast; friendly helpful staff; steps away from Westport restaurants. I never have an issue with this hotel. Unfortunately, Westport seems to have lost many restaurants in the past few years leaving fewer choices. Hopefully this will turn around.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Adam G, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Westport Plaza Hotel St. Louis, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear AnneBoelyn,

I would like to thank you for your business. We appreciate you staying with us and hope to see you again soon.

I would like to point out that Westport will be getting some new restaurants in the upcoming year and hope you come back to visit them.

Thank you again for your comments, we appreciate your business.

Adam Glenn
Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed 9 January 2014

We admittedly spend very little time in our room. We came down and stayed during Game 6 of the NLCS and immediately went to Patrick's to watch the game.

We got a good night's rest and our room was quiet. We had access to the breakfast and while very crowded, we left full.

Stayed on SPG Points and would do it again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Brian T,

I would like to thank you for your comments about the Sheraton Plaza at Westport. We appreciate your business and are glad you stayed with us.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay and that you walked away from breakfast full.

Thank you again for staying with us.

Adam Glenn
NASHVILLE
Reviewed 20 December 2013

I stayed here because I had enough points and did not want to pay for a room. Bad decision on my part. They did not live up to the Sheraton reputation. I ordered room service and it was hair in my food. They did apologize and offered a credit for the morning breakfast. A waste of time. Food was ok and it took 22 minutes for two eggs to be prepared.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Adam G, Manager at Sheraton Westport Plaza Hotel St. Louis, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear Lynn S,

I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience at our property. I want to let you know that I am speaking to our restaurant manager and our general manager to see how we can resolve the issue for you and prevent any of these issues occuring in the future.

We do want to have all of our guests experiences to fufill the Sheraton standards and try our best to deliver.

Thank you again for taking the time to let us know about your experience and for being a Starwood Perfered guest member. We appreciate your loyalty.

Hopefully you will stay with us again soon.