“Pleasant but isolated”

Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Maryland Heights
Ithaca
“Pleasant but isolated”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I stayed here for a conference that was on-site, but going into town to eat took some real maneuvering. There are a few limited dining options in the immediate area, a pond you can walk around, but not much else. The staff was very helpful and upgraded me to the club floor without even asking, which came in real handy for early morning breakfasts. To get into town we took the free shuttle to the airport and caught the metro from there, roughly an hour each way. So I would say this is a fine place to stay if you have a conference or something in the immediate area, but not ideal if you actually want to see much of the city.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 27 March 2014

A great SPG property. Recently (and still underway) remodel of the lobby and bar. Very friendly staff and close to what I was there for. Room was what I expect from an SPG property at this price range.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Oxford, England
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I stayed in this hotel for the last week on a business trip to the US and I was really glad I did. Check in was easy and I was allocated a king room on the 4th floor. The room was lovely, with a big widescreen tv, Sofa and a desk with comfy chair. The bed was lovely, big and comfortable. I was impressed with the starbucks coffee machine in the room, but never did use it as there was free ready made starbucks coffee in the lobby every morning and it was easier to grab one on my way out. The free shuttles to my office were SO useful, thanks to Lenny the co-ordinator and Frances my driver every day. This was a great perk to staying at the hotel. Overall, I had a very nice stay, all the staff were friendly and helpful, and I hope if I am ever lucky enough to come back to St Louis, that I would stay with you again.

Room Tip: A lower floor would allow you to connect to the lobby internet for free whereas on the 4th floor I h...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Stayed here for a concert at the amptheatre and it was great. Not too far from the concert and the staff was very nice. I loved the old time feel and look of the hotel and the outdoor pool was great! Would definatley stay again

• Stayed August 2013
Adam G, Manager at Sheraton Westport Plaza Hotel St. Louis, responded to this review, 16 March 2014
Dear Stallio,

Thank you for your kind Comments about the Sheraton Plaza Tower. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and staff. I would like you to know we are also centrally located in the City and only minutes away from shopping and attractions like the St. Louis Zoo.

we appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 22 February 2014

The customer service at the conference center is wonderful! They are always pleasant and willing to make any adjustments (temperature, extra markers, etc.) The food is terrific, plentiful, and -- okay -- not COMPLETELY healthy! But every now and then you just NEED an ice cream drumstick! There are fruits, veggies, and cheese, too. John and Justin were great. I always recommend this location to groups that I work with!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Middletown, Connecticut
Reviewed 15 February 2014

I stayed here for three nights towards the end of January 2014 for a business trip. They provide a free shuttle from the Airport to the hotel. Although it is a little far from downtown it was very convenient because you can take the shuttle back to the airport and jump on the Metro and head downtown and only spend $7.50. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. The rooms were very clean and the beds very comfortable. I did not eat at the hotel or use the spa/gym facilities. Because this was a business trip my company paid for the room so I do not know the overall value of the room in comparison to the pricing but it is definitely a 5 star hotel and I would be be very happy to stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Adam G, Manager at Sheraton Westport Plaza Hotel St. Louis, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Dear Jyancheck,

I would like to thank you for your comments about your great experience at our hotel. I am glad to hear you had a good time and were able to use our shuttle to go downtown to experience the city.

We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 6 February 2014

We had a five day meeting at the Conference Center and everything was awesome! John and Justin were extremely helpful - making sure we had everything we needed, when we needed it to facilitate a successful week. John's friendly greeting every morning and a cup of fresh Starbuck's coffee - a great way to start the day! We will definitely continue to have our meetings there.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Aileen S,

I would like to personally thank you for your comments about the hotel and the employees that you met at the Sheratons at Westport. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience at the confrence center.

Again we appreciate your business and kind comments about our confrence center we hope to see you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Maryland Heights
Sheraton Westport Chalet Hotel St. Louis
Sheraton Westport Chalet Hotel S...
#13 of 17 in Maryland Heights
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. L...
#3 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Comfort Inn Westport
Comfort Inn Westport
#7 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. Louis Westport Plaza
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. L...
#1 of 17 in Maryland Heights
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#2 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Sonesta ES Suites St. Louis
Sonesta ES Suites St. Louis
#1 of 7 in Creve Coeur

Been to Sheraton Westport Plaza Hotel St. Louis? Share your experiences!