“Perfect home base while traveling”

Sheraton Westport Plaza Hotel St. Louis
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Maryland Heights
Flushing, Michigan
“Perfect home base while traveling”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I have stayed in the 'Chalet' portion previously, and this year it was the Plaza for work - we had our meetings in their conference center rooms and ball room as well.
I arrived at 11am and my room was ready! The room was on the Sheraton Preferred Guests floor- it had a king sized bed, coffee maker, starbucks coffee, free bottles of Dasani and a robe! The bathroom was very clean and fresh smelling; stocked with plenty of towels and extra tp. The bedding was also very clean, fresh, and inviting- plenty of hangers in the closet as well. There was a sofa with a tall table to pull over for work, and a desk and chair with plenty of outlets. At checkin I was given the wifi code. This hotel is also GREEN- for each day that you refuse maid service you are given a $5 restaurant food voucher or you can take 500 points- since all of our meals were provided, I took the points and didn't miss the maid service at all- I was able to get more coffee just by asking. There is coffee in the lobby all morning as well. There is a bar area and several other seating areas in the hotel so it is easy to have a brief impromptu meeting. The on site restaurant is FABULOUS! Their lunch buffets have a great variety and their desserts are out of this world good! We also had the breakfast buffet on the last day and it was quite good too.
During out meetings there was always food in the common area- snacks and drinks of all kinds that were refreshed and changed throughout the day. We had a BBQ on site and it had wonderful, flavorful sides and since the weather was nice we could sit outside and enjoy the wonderful smell of the grill! We played and Amazing Race game for work and we were all over the property getting what we needed and the staff was friendly and played along- as did some guests!
The best part about this site is that between the Chalets and the Plaza there is a huge courtyard that is a type of 'al fresco' mall of salons, eateries, bars, and a couple of goodie shops- in the plaza there is also a comedy shop, eateries, and a radio station into which you can watch and hear the broadcasts.
This hotel is close to many attractions and shopping- we went to downtown St Louis, our office in Chesterfield, and a sports complex in Chesterfield and the bus rides were quite short.
I would stay here if I were going to the area for vacation or business- I don't know the room rate- could be pricey- but seems it would be worth it

Room Tip: be a member of Starwood rewards
Green Features: this is a green hotel- points for refusing maid service and they use biodegradable plastic cups
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Adam M, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Westport Plaza Hotel St. Louis, responded to this review, 13 September 2014
Thank for taking the time to fill out a review. We appreciate all the feed back we can get. It seems you were very satisfied with your stay with us. I will be passing along your kind words to my Directors and my staff. We all find enjoyment in providing an enjoyable stay for our guest. I am glad to here you took advantage of our Green Choice program. We try to be a as green as possible and this is one of the many ways we can be. Once again thank you so much for your kind words and we hope to see you again here soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Houma, Louisiana
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Upon arrival you get the feel of a cottage vibe. Steeping into to the hotel lobby you get a little more of an updated feel. Not carried through though. Although the amenities really lacked and the rooms really need updating, we overall enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank for taking the time to fill out a survey on our hotel. We were glad to have you and happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We know you have many choices to chose from when it comes to lodging in the St. Louis area and thank you for chosing the Sheraton Lakseside Chalet. We hope to see you again soon.
Elgin, SC
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Let me start out by saying...what room does NOT have a fridge in it? Really? Now that I have that out, let's move on to the pool. The pool is lovely, is it not? The pictures are wonderful and it is quite a nice pool. It's better when the staff get their ducks in a row to ensure it is OPEN for guests. We went to go use the pool one day and they had it closed for cleaning. Now, they shut this thing down from 10 at night to 7 in the morning, can they NOT get a service in during that time? What's the purpose of shutting down a pool at night if you're not going to do your maintenance on it? Fine, the pool was shut down and we were told we could use the pool at the adjoining hotel. Patrons would have to leave their room, traipse through the lobby, out to the outdoors passing oodles of people, walk that country mile just to use a pool.
Not the next day, but the day after that, the pool was closed AGAIN. When staff came in, the pool was cloudy. My point again is why this cannot be taken care of at night. Oh, and the towels they have at the pool, they'd never have to worry about anyone taking, they are all frayed. Every one of them that I picked up was frayed on the sides.
Then there was the issue with my key card. And it wasn't just MY card, my family had an issue with their card too. I think the sensor in the door was about to die.
Everything else was average. Breakfast, due to the cost, we just went across the parking lot to McDonalds. Come on Sheraton, I've seen better from your chain.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Adam M, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Westport Plaza Hotel St. Louis, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am very sorry that our indoor pool was closed during your stay. Any time there is a chemical imbalance we are required to shut down the pool per St. Louis County Health Department. We had no intention of having the pool closed during normal hours and we did everything we could to get it back open. I am very sorry that no one offered you to take you to the outdoor pool at our sister property in our shuttle. I know it is frustrating when your room key does not work and we are sorry about that as well. We hope you will come back and visit us again so we can make sure there are not frustration during your stay. Once again sorry we did not reach your expectations.
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Stayed here 1 night prior to flying out the next day. Lobby was pretty busy when we arrive (I think there were possibly several wedding parties). Despite being quite busy (& dealing with several "demanding" guests) the front desk staff were always professional & welcoming to every guest. We were in a Club Level room that was very comfortable. The Club Lounge was great that evening for appetizers & breakfast in the morning. This is not the closest hotel to the airport but they have a free airport shuttle. (We missed the shuttle by a few minutes in the morning. The front desk staff called the driver & he returned to get us! That's an example of the "above & beyond" service at this Sheraton.) The hotel (& a sister property) is located in the Westport Plaza which has a great variety of dining options as well as a comedy club, theater & movies. Great place. Will stay here again anytime I need a place in the vicinity of the STL airport.

Room Tip: Get a Club Level room. Access to the Club Lounge makes the extra charge worth it
1 Thank TravelSinceRetired
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We certainly appreciate your feedback. We are very glad to hear that you were impressed with our front desk team. We try to handle every guest like they are our very first guest of the evening. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our dinning options. It is our goal to make sure our guest make it to their flights on time and we will always do anything we can to make sure that happens. We hope next time you are in St. Louis that you choose to stay with us again.
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed here one night on our way to Tennessee. Everyone we encountered was super friendly and accommodating. The bed was comfortable and the room was spacious. And the place is clean and well maintained. Will stay here again next time.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
South Fulton, Tennessee
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We just returned home from our yearly trip to St. Louis and this wonderful property. We always expect excellence here and this time was even more spoiled than ever. The staff at this hotel is as good as it gets. Kara, Summer, and Midori at the front desk were so nice and helpful. We spent 5 nights and were greeted with smiles and enthusiasm each morning when we left to enjoy a day just enjoying what St. Louis has to offer. When I had a problem with the air conditioner I called Kara and someone was in our room to fix it immediately. We had breakfast in the Club Lounge each morning. Kate welcomd us each day and was bright and friendly. We enjoyed visiting with her each day. Tony was our host for the evening snacks and he also did something very special for us. Both were appreciated very much. We were stopped by 2 different managers just to make sure our stay was going well.
We were in a large room that was very comfortable. The living room was well furnished and clean. The king size bed was one of the most comfortable beds I had ever slept in. Our room was bright and cheery. The bathroom amenities smelled wonderful. The pool area was clean and safe. We love both the indoor and outdoor pools. We enjoyed breakfast on Saturday morning in the hotel restaurant. Both the service and the food were excellent. This hotel also offers free parking in the parking garage that is attached to the hotel.
We always enjoy our time here but it seems like this year was better than ever. Can't wait to go back again next summer.

Room Tip: Junior Executive Suites here are large and sunny~~~
Green Features: We recycled everything in the appropriate bins. We chose not to have sheets washed daily but did ask for fresh towels each day. I think they are very environmentally friendly here.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Geeorgette S
Adam M, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Westport Plaza Hotel St. Louis, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Thank you for taking time out of your day to fill out a review. We are always glad to have you back each summer. We always try to make sure we take care of our repear guest. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed and got a good nights rest. Im sure the breakfast you enjoyed helped you stayed energized for the day as well. We look forward to seeing you again real soon and we thank you for chosing The Sheratons of Westport as your place to stay.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Stayed here overnight for business. The staff is very friendly, Erica and Missy are absolute sweethearts. My room was clean and well appointed. My only complaint is that my shower head was very low. I'm 5'9" and the shower head was level with my chin. It was a tad annoying but it was ok. There's a very good bar/ restaurant a few steps next door that had great food. I had a restful stay here and will return in the future.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Adam M, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Westport Plaza Hotel St. Louis, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review. I am very happy to hear the Erica and Missy provided you with the service you expected. I will communicate with the Director of Engineering that the shower heads may be a little low for some people. We appreciate all the feedback we can get in order to help us to keep improving out property. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maryland Heights
Sheraton Westport Chalet Hotel St. Louis
Sheraton Westport Chalet Hotel S...
#13 of 17 in Maryland Heights
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. L...
#3 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Comfort Inn Westport
Comfort Inn Westport
#8 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. Louis Westport Plaza
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. L...
#1 of 17 in Maryland Heights
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#2 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Sonesta ES Suites St. Louis
Sonesta ES Suites St. Louis
#1 of 7 in Creve Coeur

Been to Sheraton Westport Plaza Hotel St. Louis? Share your experiences!