“A very solid Sheraton”

Sheraton Westport Chalet Hotel St. Louis
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Maryland Heights
Reviewed 23 April 2012

This Sheraton is a good property. I would be happy to visit it again. Here are the specific areas that I can comment.

Service: Very good. Only complaint is that the front desk could not print an invoice for a pre-paid (via SPG.com) stay. I still haven't been able to get this issue resolved.

Rooms: Very nice and comfortable.

Parking: Free!

Location: Close to the airport, but not too close. Lots of good bars and restaurants next door. Also a Starbucks in walking distance.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Travel_Lav
SheratonWestportPlz, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Westport Chalet Hotel St. Louis, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2012

Dear Travel_Lav,

Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback

Pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us, all the bars and restaurants just within walking distance, our comfortable guest rooms with our signature bed Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed.

I do sympathize with you not recieving a folio upon check out, unfortinatley our system will not generate a folio unless there was guest charges in hotel

Thank you again for your business and we look forward to connecting with you in the future

Reviewed 15 April 2012

Interesting village type look in the side area. There's restaurants and shops out there. Well at least they make it seem but only a few are open. Nice and close to shopping and restaurants, pretty clean. Just don't like the way you spot the little spikes and how you get stuck in the webs in the balcony And how house keeping don't try to clean it. Just done. They can cover all that with a net.

• Stayed: April 2012
SheratonWestportPlz, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Westport Chalet Hotel St. Louis, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2012

Dear mrskerns,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Sheraton Westport Hotel.

The experience you describe causes us deep concern. We would like to offer our sincere apologies for any frustration and anxiety that it may have caused you during your stay. Our aim and intent is to ensure all guest concerns and requests are handled quickly and efficiently. I can only reiterate our regret about the general attitude that we did not handle the situation in the proper manner.

We strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future

Reviewed 14 April 2012

Through a bit of a misunderstanding while staying in Branson, we found ourselves in St. Louis for the last night of our vacation. I booked the room via Priceline (name your own price) while we were driving and as soon as I found out the name of the hotel, I checked TripAdvisor for reviews.

I was a bit nervous because some of the reviews said that the staff was not helpful, the stay was not pleasant, the rooms were outdated. I was traveling with my adult family and we're a bit snobby when it comes to hotels.

We found the hotel easily. The lobby was beautiful. There was a team of some sort eating close by but the lobby was spacious enough that it wasn't too loud or crowded. Our rooms were very nicely done. Very relaxing and clean. The beds were comfortable. The water pressure was great. The staff was helpful.

I'm a bit surprised by the reviews that say the hotel is outdated but you really can't please everyone. Some people just need to find something wrong. However, that was not the case with us. We were very pleased.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Christy V

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for staying with us and for your feedback

We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to your next visit.

We strive to make every guest feel like they are at home away from home and it is with feedback from our guests that we continue to grow and provide great customer service.

We look forward to connecting with you in the future

Reviewed 12 April 2012

I stayed at the Sheraton for two nights in early April of 2012 for business and had an overall good experience. The staff is friendly, and the rooms are well appointed for a Sheraton. I was actually upgraded to a suite which was nice, and I had access to the club lounge for breakfast and hors d'oeuvres. The exterior looks a bit dated, but the interior has been remodeled. It's in an area with plenty of restaurants within walking distance. My only complaints are that the hotel is situated right next to a major interstate so it can be a bit noisy if you have a room on that side of the hotel, and the "fitness center" leaves much to be desired.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
SheratonWestportPlz, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Westport Chalet Hotel St. Louis, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2012

Dear ATL-CJ

I would like to thank you for your positive comments regarding our property, service and staff.

I am pleased you found our location ideal during your time in the area.

We consistently strive to deliver the best service and products to our guests.

Thank you again for staying with us and look forward to your next visit

Reviewed 26 March 2012

We stayed at the Sheraton Chalet for a dance competition. There were also soccer teams and basketball teams staying at this property, so it was busy. The decor is dated at best. Staff was effecient, though not that courteous. Rooms are on the small side, but they did have nice flat panel TV's. Doors from outside not secured after 10:00 as signs indicated. Property still charges $10 a day for WiFi in rooms even though much smaller and more economic properties give guests WiFi access. There are probably better choices in the area that provide better value, but this was not a bad place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank royalmay
SheratonWestportPlz, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Westport Chalet Hotel St. Louis, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for staying with and for your feedback

I do sympathize with you having to pay for internet unfortinatley it is a brand standard . However we do offer complimentary internet in the Link by Sheraton in the main lobby.

Thank you again and we hope to see you in the future

Reviewed 19 March 2012

I stayed here for a business conference. The hotel is very tastefully decorated with modern decor. The rooms are very clean but the decor is a bit dated and does not match the modern decor in the lobby. I had a balcony on the 2nd floor, which is also a bit rustic. The previous guest must have left a "present" behind because there was a sandwich wrapped in plastic on the balcony. Nevertheless, this did not deter me from using it. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. The meeting spaces are large and spacious and can get very chilly, very quickly. Dress in layers or bring a sweater.

I had an overall good experience with this hotel with the exception of the hotel restaurant. We ate there for breakfast one morning. It is terribly overpriced with terrible service. I was with a large group, 7 of us, and we had to wait 20 minutes for someone to push two tables together. There were only about 3 other tables with guests so we could not figure out the cause of the extended wait. Then, we waited an additional 10 minutes in our seats for the waittress to come take our drink order but she never came. I ended up locating a random pitcher of water and poured water myself for the group. Luckily, they have free coffee in the lobby that we were able to supplement our scavenged waters with. We all just ended up eating the buffet due to time constraints. She finally came over when we were done eating and asked us if we needed anything, to which we quickly replied, "the check." She then took another 15 minutes to get us the check. It truly was terrible, terrible service and I would never recommend eating there. The hotel is located very near a series of restaurants. We ate at several different restaurants for the remainder of our trip and were rewarded with excellent food and attentive service.

I'm very ambivalent about staying here again. For a work-related trip it would probably be okay but I probably wouldn't stay here on a personal trip.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
SheratonWestportPlz, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Westport Chalet Hotel St. Louis, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2012

Dear valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of the experience that you encountered during your recent stay with us. It is when guests like yourself provide feedback that we are best able to make the necessary corrections.

We have addressed these issues with the Housekeeping and Restaurant Managers and have taken the necessary steps to correct these problems. I assure you that your experience is not typical for our hotel and sincerely hope that you will give us the opportunity to change your opinion of our establishment by staying with us again.

Again, thank you for your time, and please accept my apologies.

Reviewed 19 March 2012

We had a really good time at the Sheraton Westport Chalet Hotel and the service was EXCELLENT, minus the person at the front desk. We could not have asked for better service and the hotel staff was amazing. The cleaning staff was also very friendly and said hello and made us feel very welcome. I would certainly go there again with my family. I just hope the young lady at the front desk will someday be as pleasant as the rest of the staff.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and our pleasant staff.

Please accept my sincere apologizes regarding the front desk agents behavior, rest assured that training witll be held to correct such behavior

Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit

Also consider these accommodations in or near Maryland Heights
Sheraton Westport Plaza Hotel St. Louis
Sheraton Westport Plaza Hotel St...
#9 of 17 in Maryland Heights
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. L...
#3 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. Louis Westport Plaza
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. L...
#1 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Days Inn - ST. Louis/Westport MO
Days Inn - ST. Louis/Westport MO
#6 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Comfort Inn Westport
Comfort Inn Westport
#10 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Sonesta ES Suites St. Louis - Westport

Been to Sheraton Westport Chalet Hotel St. Louis? Share your experiences!